Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. xosfear

xosfear Member

LEGO !

found this to be an interesting read about everyones favorite toy.

"LEGO is the world's No. 1 tire manufacturer"

2. keeni

keeni Member

I want one of those lego Robot kits. They would be so much fun!

3. nexx

nexx Member

None other of my childhood toys could ever compare to the creativity, longetivity and downright fun that LEGO offered. And ffs, it had PIRATES. No contest.

LEGO for president :thumbup:

4. cenithx

cenithx Member

Yeh seen them.. they look awesome.. and we were happy if our Lego just had a few flashing lights!! haha.. I remember the first of the technics lego with that BRICK of a motor.. ah the good old days :cool:

That robotic lego is damn expensive though.. but it's crazy how far it's gone.. programmable via PC etc..

5. xplod140

xplod140 Member

I see you read Slashdot too.

I still get cravings for playing with Lego. It consumed a significant amount of my childhood.

6. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Anyone walking into my room housing my lego collection and my PC just stares in awe...

But it is also a damn expensive hobby, those bricks are sometimes worth more than their weight in gold...

Also Lego have tended to abuse their position a little, releasing so called "collector" sets, then re-releasing them a few years later.

So the value of your collection immediately plummets, since the models are no longer exclusive.

For that reason I have stopped buying models to add to my collection, I now just buy the ones that specifically interest me.

7. ewok85

ewok85 Member

It was on Digg too ;)

I love Lego, and have been teased recently when my GF got a Lego Ambulance for her birthday (shes a nurse, its kinda relevant). Have a couple of large boxes of Lego at home, I was really into the Town themed gear - had an airport, trainset (plus crossings, station, extra carriages, sidings, extra track, etc), police station/dock, heaps of police stuff, fire engines, and a castle which was kinda random but still cool.

Looking at the new stuff thats out now its not quite the same. Seems too "flashy" for my tastes - too many weird bricks and people (faces etc).

8. Reaper

Reaper Member

Pirates eh?

We had space lego all those 20 years ago. Now that was freaking awesome. I used to have that large ship thing that could pull apart into different sections. Also came with some crater moulded tile things to put all the space lego on.

9. hobo matt

hobo matt Member

OMFG I HAVE THAT!11!!1SHIFT+11!1111

was the coolest toy IN HISTORY.

ill upload some pics of the crater to see if its the same one. :thumbup:

edit: found it and geuss what? i must've built the space ship over the last couple of months again, so i got a pic of that as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres my box of lego:

[​IMG]

:weirdo: so many fun times with lego

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  10. cuckoocaca

cuckoocaca Member

I agree, new Lego has too much crazy crap going on. Old Lego is where it's at, it was probably the toy I got the most use out of as a kid.

Technic was pretty cool, I actually recently bought a Technic car off Ebay that I always wanted as a kid but could never afford.

11. OP
    OP
    xosfear

xosfear Member

can you post some pics ?

12. DiZZ_19

DiZZ_19 Member

[​IMG]
    Click for big.

[​IMG]
    Click for big.

Ahh memories. :)

I spent many, many an hour with these when I was a kid.

Nowdays, they only come out when my 4yo cousin comes over.
    He runs straight to the study couch every time he's here!

The only set that I wanted but didn't get when I was a kid was the yellow pnumatic crane truck. The best thing about it was that it actually had some weight to it, so you could pick up decent sized things.

Oh, there was also green garbage truck that was controlled by scanning barcodes. Anyone remember that one?

13. TERRA Operative

TERRA Operative Member

14. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

Now I have the urge to go buy some technics :o :D Remember that big space train kit that lego used to have like 7 or so years ago? I always wanted that. It was so cool.

15. dink

dink Member

I should hit my mum up for my two boxes full of lego. Actually they belonged to both my brother and me. Although the collection contains a fair bit of Technics, i was never a big fan of it. I prefered using the regular blocks to build big yachts and houses. I'd really like to have another play with it. It's been well over 10 years since I have even seen it. I am getting too old.

16. TERRA Operative

TERRA Operative Member

I still have a heap of lego at my parents place too. I'll have to get it sent up. :D

17. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

I always preferred just plain lego, no special pieces. Plain lego gives you so many more options. Ah the memories :)

18. Davem

Davem Member

I actualy spent a few hours last week putting together maybe 12 sets,

My little cousins are over for a few days and its something for them to play with.

My mum was going to give it to them ! Lucky i found out before she said anything.

19. tlouolt

tlouolt Member

anyone know where i can get plain black lego blocks without forking out too much?

20. Wojee

Wojee Member

Lego eh?

I wonder what Selvo's up to these days.