Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. OP
    OP
    xosfear

xosfear Member

7 years on and this thread is still going strong!

2. sjhupp

sjhupp Member

Mainly unclear postage costs, and not having anough time to research it properly. Also had a bad ebay experience and the wife has not stopped reminding me of it, so branching out to another unknown isn't the best option currently.
    Mind you, TRU may have just screwed me out of two cheap B-Wings, so I can't win! :lol:
    Just feels safer with local buys.
    Any Aus seller with a forum presence would be a win for me.

3. iSTELTHYi

iSTELTHYi Member

I wouldn't even compare brinklink to ebay in that sense. Not sure how long ago you looked, but you should try again now, all the aus sellers i've dealt with were great.

4. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I put this year's racer on layby at Target on the weekend, early birthday present to myself :)
    OH HUMP! Hmm, parts on tap here in Brisbane. I think I need to go change my pants. Being serious for a second, the only parts I've purchased were the ones I was missing to complete my Tow Truck.
    Oh wow! I have been chasing one of those cars for a while, (well, waiting by the side of the river until a body floats past that I can ... obtain this set off!) and this has definitely made it a bit more desirable...
    I've purchased a few sets off BL, sellers in Germany and the Netherlands, never had a problem. It is unnerving sending off your money to $random seller on BL, but purchase off sellers with good feedback (I didn't buy off sellers with less than 40 or so feedback) and you'll be fine. I did purchase a heap of parts off AU BL sellers recently and got everything I ordered with no problems. Some orders did take a while to arrive, but the sellers that those particular parts came from did all state that they only shipped twice a week or whatever.

5. iSTELTHYi

iSTELTHYi Member

My new house is 3 streets away from the seller i use the most on bricklink, my bank balance is going to hate me when parts are oh so close to me lol

I work out how good a seller is based on how quickly they process things. I dont hold them responsible for slow postage, unless they've lied about when the posted something (normal lodged items have a recipt on the package). I work it into my eta if they only ship once a week (keep in mind you agree to their terms, if you dont like them, dont buy from them)

Bricklink to ebay is like BigW to a white van sale!

6. apsilon

apsilon Member

Re buying from Bricklink, I've only been doing it for the past ~6 months and so far it seems fine. Everyone I've dealt with has been reliable and quick. As mentioned just check feedback before proceeding. So far I've bought from sellers in Australia, USA, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hong Kong and Thailand.

7. fatguy1992

fatguy1992 Member

I'v had about 30+ orders on bricklink in the last year from all over the world with no problems.

8. fishman_71

fishman_71 Member

Bum....made a special trip after work to go get 42000 at a specific Target store yesterday....no stock. (I had Westfield vouchers given to me - hence specific store)

So it looks like I'm going to have take 42006 to Hobart tomorrow instead...oh well, there's always next pay and bricklink :)

I suppose the good news is 42006 only ended up costing $1.20 :p

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  9. redav

redav Member

Same. Up to 45 (one arrived from Lithuania of all places yesterday) and only had one drama from Canadia that took 3 months and had been informed a few days after it left that it was probably containing incorrect minifigs.

10. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I went to the Lego AU office this afternoon for a quick tour of their 2013 range. We got to see the already released sets, plus all the rest that are scheduled for release this year.
    I'm not a technic fan, but damn, the crane, the green tow truck, and the small-ish monster truck are all amazing!
    The Star Wars stuff was also good. Jabba's sail barge looks considerably better than the crappy leaked photos that are on the web. It is a bit small though, but at rrp of $130 (I think) it's pretty good value. The gunboat is huge (I never saw the original) and some of the other SW sets look pretty neat also. They didn't have and figs on display unfortunately.
    The new creator plane looks incredible. Infact all the upcoming creator sets look great.
    I'm not overly excited about the Lone Ranger stuff. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it just doesn't do it for me. What I did like though was how plant leaves are now coming in other colours like olive green and brown.
    They had some of the new Mindstorms kits out, but they weren't working properly. They did have a snake that moved on the floor and would lunge at your leg if you put it infront of its face though. Kinda cool :)

Sorry for the wall of text. Lots of exciting sets coming out. Pity we didn't get to see what next year holds though.

11. MoC

MoC Member

A friend of mine is Interning at Lego in Denmark. Some of the stuff she gets to play with!!!

I also like when she visits us in london we get gifts of lego!!

The last gift was Life of George which is good fun. And turns out makes a decent drinking game

12. redav

redav Member

Yeah, that is good. Purists won't like it but altBricks have other colours. I'm yet to order any but I intend on doing so.

That Lithuanian order turned up in its entirety. I bought about 1.2 kilo's of bricks and it came in three boxes. One arrived one day and two the next. It was a lot faster than last time but bang on the money. Another great transaction.

13. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Yeah I think the popularity of the altBricks is what prompted TLG to finally produce these things in other colours.

What was the bricklink store you bought all those bricks from? I need more bricks now that I'm not pulling my MOCs apart anymore.

14. Reaper

Reaper Member

Any new creator houses?

I saw the lone ranger sets fresh out at bigw tonight. Also saw a cool looking creator set that had a jet and some mech looking mode, and the third I can't remember. I might get that set next week. :)

15. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Tonight I picked up the 9395 Pick-Up Tow Truck as it was only $69, down from $88 @ Kmart. :thumbup:

16. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

There was a creator house, I think it was 31012, but not sure. I was too busy drooling over 31011. That plane was simply stunning, can't wait for it to be released.

17. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I've decided I want power puller wheels (4). The cost of them though! :shock:
    Cheapest ones on bricklink are $33 each :upset:
    If anyone here wants to sell some to me cheaper than that please let me know

18. redav

redav Member

19. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

20. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Not sure if already posted. 20% off Lego again at Target atm