Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. bolex17

bolex17 Member

i remember in Primary school i would try to finish my work ASAP, just so i could run and grab the best blocks. and round up as many lego mens as i can. ah good times

2. noboundaries-au

noboundaries-au Member

Ill have to get mine next im down home... ive got an awesome Technic dragster, when you roll it along its cylinders in the engine block move... and u can do cool stuff with the lighting on it too (its timed off the driveshaft)

3. Pazu

Pazu Member

I have to confess that I still buy Lego for myself (and I've finished uni). :o

4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

The original plain Lego's were the best. Brought out the creativity in the family (or lack of :lol: ).
    We used to make little Lego houses and catch shitloads of those small green crickets and chuck them in the house. :D

5. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

My favourite was the knight/robin hood lego. A close second was the pirate lego.

6. whiteboy

whiteboy Member

Yeah those two, along with the space and train lego were the golden age for me.

7. ewok85

ewok85 Member

The monorail? I wanted that sooo bad, but ended up with the normal rail gear (which is still going which is a good thing I guess)

8. crix75

crix75 Member

Anyone else have the original YELLOW castle?

9. Oosh

Oosh Member

Got my 2 boxes of Lego back at the folks place, one is full of Technics, the other the old school 12V train set. I've come so close to buying Mindstorms on numerous occasions.

10. Reaper

Reaper Member

No, but I do have a white and black castle, plus a yellow, red and blue dragons, along with a bridge, a sword, a trophy and a bat.

Now if someone could add in a couple of hedge mazes, a big yellow square and a few keys I'm sure we could have an adventure.

11. hiro roolz

hiro roolz Member

hehe, me and my two brothers used to spend days locked up in a room with our Lego :D (nothing suss :rolleyes:)
    hehe, was just thinking the other day how we used to make suits of armour for the cats.
    I want some of the huge Star Wars sets now :)

12. Oosh

Oosh Member

Anyone always have so much Lego on the floor in their room, you'd have to clear a path to the door before bed, and woe betide if you got up for leak and strayed from the path! Standing on Lego in bare feet was NOT cool. :upset:

13. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

QFT! LOL

it was a little rainy this w/e
    so me, the missus (!!!11!!) & my young fellas sat down & rebuilt a fair few of my star wars models =D couldnt have had more fun!

<3 LEGO!

SaMbO

EDIT:
    UCS is THE BOMB! they're $$$ (not if you buy when on sale O_O) but you'll never build more lovely lego ;)
    the UCS Xwing took me 8 hours to build!
    everytime someone comes over who i know was/is into star wars and/or lego i let them touch it :p ;) :O

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  14. Reaper

Reaper Member

I've been picking up some vintage space sets here and there lately, and some really nice technic sets.

I got the telehandler on special at target a week or so before Christmas for $35. That is one really cool set.

After christmas I bought the tractor trailer and the mini loader at myer ($12 and $10 respectively), and for the money those are pretty damn cool. And it's funny seeing them on Ebay with shipping amounts on their own more than what I can go back and buy another set for, and people were bidding up to $25 +$15 shipping for the tractor trailer while they are sitting at myer for $12. Yea, that's funny.

I've also collected the full 2006 line of tiny turbos (6 all up that can also be paired off with each other to make larger cars).

I've decided that I'd like to collect the technic that comes out this year.

I also managed to score a technic speed computer for some pittance amount (about $11 I think), shipped from Ebay BNIB. I've just finished having a play with it, and damn, it's pretty cool for what it is.

Also yesterday I was at toyworld, and saw a designer set on special from $70 down to $40, so I got that tacked onto a layby. I've been eyeing it off all last year, it's a pretty big set with a boat theme. Looks pretty awesome, and the box is pretty hefty too, should be a large amount of bricks in it. And at the same time I did an impulse buy on another smaller designer set that is sort of aquatic creatures themed. They were throwing them out for $5 each down from $13. And dang, it comes with a decent amount of bricks. I'm tempted to go back and clean them out.

Speaking of which, I saw at target a couple of days ago (along with the 2007 starwars lego, damn that greivous ship and the at-st look good), I saw a very large lego house set. Had about 3 models you could build from it all, and looked very very much like original old school town lego.

15. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

I got bored the other week, so I built a lego technics F1 car that I got given. Now I have the urge to go buy the two large scale lego ferarri cars. So cool. Both have over 1000 peices and the manual is as thick as a dictionary :D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  16. FB008

FB008 Member

i loved the train sets. if i was eccentric i'd get most of the older style 9v train sets and build a funky lego town :weirdo:

the older style lego sets rock, no matter what theme. pity that these days that all sets (except technic) are all juniorised... making it too easy for 5 year olds :(

17. Reaper

Reaper Member

You probably mean 1000 pieces. :D

And yea, after playing with the telehandler, tractor trailer and mini loader, the urge for more technic just won't go away easily.

I want that technic electric motor set too. I saw it last year for $35, man I should have bought it. It looks almost the same as the pull back motors I got with my baja desert racers, so should slot in nicely.

18. Modafroman

Modafroman Member

Yea, 1000 peices. Also that technics RC car looks rad :p

19. Technofatigue

Technofatigue Member

I recently found all my lego again, had more than i thought.

Heaps of pirates, a couple of ships, admiral bases and pirate islands, even some of the islanders.

also have the model Mack truck and the F1 car

Techniques monster tow truck

God, I hate to think how much my parents spent on it all

20. matthudson

matthudson Member

I've got two lego mindstorms kits, we use them a lot a school for competitions, like Robocup Junior