Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

2. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

WOW, that's excellent. I'm totally skint right now, so no purchases for me :(

Mind you, I did check out the new sets at Myer and I'm really happy about them! There were only TWO out of the entire 17H1 range that I was interested in, so this year I will not be spending much at all on Technic!

3. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

They don't really have anything decent left :(

At best I'm looking at the Resistance Troop Transporter (75140)

Is anybody able to track down somewhere to get a brand new Slave 1 (75060)?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  4. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

LEGO® exhibition: Wonders of the World!

The only LEGO® Certified Professional in the Southern Hemisphere, Ryan ‘The Brickman’ McNaught is back with more than 50 epic, new models. For one night only, AAMI is giving you access to an exclusive VIP session so you can hear all about the new exhibition from ‘The Brickman’ himself!

5. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

6. trop

trop Member

The problem with sales like that is that there is normally only 1-2 good deals though and the 20-30% off only brings the rest of their prices down to inline with target and big w most of the time.

Then you pay for shipping on top and wait 4-5 days for it to turn up, better off waiting for a big w / target sale unless its a kit they don't stock imo.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  7. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Sometimes. Batcave Breakin for $135 is a good deal and you only need to spend another $15 to get free post. Metalbeard's Sea Cow is hard to find and equivalent to Ebay's best pricing for a new set.

Obviously online deals don't compare favourably to instore if you're buying a single small item but there's plenty of value in this sale. Certainly agree with the value of a good Myer/BigW/Target/Kmart Lego sale though, can't beat going and browsing for the best bargains.

8. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So I've decided to treat myself to a lego set tomorrow, as a reward for surviving the week.. haha

Can't decide which to get (heavy into the star wars stuff).

Can anybody suggest a decent set that I could get in my hands tomorrow?

Available shops are toysrus, Meyer, Big W, Target.

Max budget is $110 (currently considering the Tie Striker), but also Scavenger, Homing Spider, and Y Wing...

Then from Architecture I'm looking at looking at Buckingham Palace (would be the first Architecture set I have).

Anybody got some ideas?

9. trop

trop Member

I have the previous Y-Wing which is almost identical to the current one, it's a decent build and looks awesome on display.

I didn't enjoy the star scavenger build and I don't particularly like the finished model either. Just seems poorly designed.

I'm planning to get the Tie Striker or Krennics Shuttle today, not a huge fan of the ships but hoping that like the U-Wing it will grow on me once it's built. Also I think the Rogue One sets will be unlikely to be rereleased down the track as they are unique to the one movie so they will be hard to get in the future.

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah, that's what I decided today :(

Krennics is awesome! I built that a few weeks ago. Couldn't get my hands on the Tie Striker :( Will have to order it online down the track...

I ended up getting the Carbon Freezing Chamber (and got Reys Speeder for $15 (RRP is $40). It was on sale and then half price at Toys R Us

11. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Toys R Us are doing buy 1, get one half price at the moment

12. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yep. They've been doing it for at least the past 6 weeks.

13. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Incase you guys didn't know, Bricking around list all the current and upcoming sales (when possible):
    http://brickingaround.com/current-sales/

They usually also list which sets are on sale and include the non-sale, sale and % saved figures, which is pretty handy.

14. trop

trop Member

After the last few weeks I'm banned from buying blocks for a while!

A mate was having a Lego clear out so I bought 10225 (UCS R2R2 with light and sound mods), 10215 (UCS Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter), 10174 (UCS AT-ST) and 10227 (UCS B-Wing with light mod).

Then my lepin order turned up (UCS Y-Wing and UCS Blockade Runner) and another package which I forgot I had bought - 75158 (Rebels Combat Frigate).

Add the half built Tie Striker on the shelf and I've got a lot of building to do!

15. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Damn you've gotten a lot! lol

I've got my Tie Striker and Mini Cooper to build. haha

16. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Went to an advanced screening of The Lego Batman Movie last night. Was pretty good. Quite clever and funny.
    I like to see the building techniques used, even though it's CGI.
    I still think most of the Batman sets are overpriced and boring though. Even the Ultimate Batmobile (http://brickset.com/sets/70917-1/The-Ultimate-Batmobile) does not appeal to me (hopefully not really a spoiler, but it had minimal time in the movie).

17. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

just wondering if your kid went from Duplo --> Junior Lego --> Classic Lego? or just straight from Duplo to Classic Lego??

18. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

They've really gone overboard with the release of the batman themed items IMO. I mean even the CMF release is 20 characters, more than the usual 16. Then there's all the exclusives available with the books, polybags, sets, etc. It's really overkill and I agree, the sets aren't really anything special, just recreations (I presume) of scenes from the movie.

Our son got mega-bloks to begin with, they are even simpler than Duplo (and cheaper LOL). Also the sets come with trucks and other items which all fit together. We bought Duplo afterwards but being impatient I had him playing with Lego from about 3. We bought the occasional Juinors set but in our case my son is more into the play (and I enjoy the build) so basically we've gone just Lego now (he's 5 next month). The Duplo rarely gets played with now and he prefers the Classic Lego to do free building - eg http://madhriva.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Lego-Classic-10694.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  19. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Again, trying not to give spoilers, but most of the Batman Movie CMF figures are barely featured in the movie. It's clearly a cash grab (which I don't really mind that much because they sell well and some of the figs are cool).
    I wouldn't be surprised if they released a second series of Batman figs at some point!

When I was a kid I went from Duplo, to Fabuland to System (space, castle and town), then sort of Technic.
    My son (who is now 8) barely touched Duplo, but we had the giant megabloks for a while. He went to the modern day equivalent of System when he was about 4. He's good with Lego; doesn't chew it or anything and takes really good care of it all. He's even into MOCing, which I think is great!

20. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So yesterday arvo, I built my Tie Striker and Mini Cooper all in one shot. haha.

Gotta say, the Tie Striker build was probs the most uninteresting build I've done so far (not to say it wasn't fun, just that all the others were more fun) and the mini cooper set was the most fun I've build (Except the Falcon) BUT! I'm missing 3 pieces (2 flat white 8 part panels (the 2X4 pieces) and a 2 part green).

The white parts annoy me the most, cause it's on the roof. lol