Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Hint hint. ;)

I'm tossing up on what I buy next. Theres a bb8 model out, but it doesn't look the best. I'm thinking the star destroyer

2. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Eh, I'll wait for it to be 20% off at Myer or somewhere.
    I saw the big BB8 model in store the other day, it looks like a big ball of ass. And not nice ass, I mean it looks like hairy sagging smelly ass.

3. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Is it confirmed this will find it's way into retail stores? I'm yet to see it anywhere in the big dept stores or Toys R Us, etc. I'm happy to pay 160 for it, so I'll be securing one at Dreamworld tomorrow with any luck.

4. trop

trop Member

The BB8 is a pretty decent model. Looks great on display, especially if you have the UCS R2D2 with it

Click to view full size!

As for the Saturn V, I'm hoping to pick it up at Legoland Japan next week. Won't work out any cheaper but will be a good souviner.

5. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I managed to get two Saturn V's for around $140 a pop when Toys R Us had a 10 minute special online. That was a good buy :thumbup:

I'm downsizing my collection though due to space. Going to sell the Helicarrier, and probably sell all the Architecture stuff (Opera House, unopened Big Ben, Tower Bridge) and focus on Star Wars, Pirate Ships and perhaps cool Lego Ideas like Fishing Store/Saturn and the odd Technic flagship

Have a the 6x6 technic flagship arriving - managed to snag that for $220 BNIB delivered

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  6. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I'm only too glad to help you out here, I'll take both Saturn V rockets off your hands /nods

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I'd be sooo keen on the Hellicarrier :D

But I'm trying to focus on Star Wars as well. Laybed a shitload of Star Wars stuff at Big W tonight. The new Ep7 Disney stuff. (New AT-AT walker, Heavy Walker, Star Destroyer etc). Almost 1k :(

8. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Wooties, the two Extreme Adventure 42069 I ordered from the 34% off Myer/eBay sale have been shipped, I wasn't sure that my order would actually be filled, hooray!

9. Zee

Zee Member

None of my orders from Myer have ever been filled...

Z...

10. Brett

Brett Member

Finished mine Saturday night, was a fair bit of building for the part count.
    Now I've discovered I need to Bricklink some rubber track attachments for my 42065 Tracked RC Racer.

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

12. Brett

Brett Member

Finished 42025 Cargo Plane last night. Nice build.
    Can see replacing batteries will involve removing the side panels and battery pack but the parts to remove are all red 3L pins w/ stops.

Looking at starting 42054 tonight. Welcomed seeing numbered bags again, till I realised it consisted of ~11x "1"s and 4x "2"s.

13. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

I have both those models and the cargo helicopter, the batts on the plane are by far the easiest to remove IIRC.

Quick hint for 42054. When you get to the end of building the cab, triple-quadruple check that you put the little wheel attachement on the correct way. Its a bitch to remove the whole cab to fix it and you wont actually notice its wrong until you try to swivel it.

14. Zee

Zee Member

That looks quite cool, actually... May have to give that a go after I finally get around to the heavy lift chopper (42052)

Z...

15. Radley

Radley Member

I'll be picking up my old Lego sets from 20 years ago at the end of the year. Space monorail, pneumatic dump truck and a few other golden oldies! I should go through them and see what's missing. From memory I was pretty good with everything.
    I would LOVE the dozer but at $1k it's a bit steep. Maybe in the future but right now it's out of the question. I would also love if Lego did a series with CAT and made scrapers, dozers, graders etc. Would be cool.

16. Copie

Copie Member

Just got told by someone very reputable that the UCS Falcon will come back into stock again within the next 48 hours on the store.

The store is has also changed from out of stock to coming soon so it seems to support said info.

17. chook

chook Member

Thanks for the tip.

The set has been showing as coming Soon for about a week but once you login to your account and go to the actual page for the item then it shows as Temporarily Out of Stock.

EDIT: The limit has changed from 3 to 1 now though. Not surprising.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  18. kiwimeat

kiwimeat Member

Conveniently after the Double VIP points finishes tonight. :rolleyes:

I have my UCS Falcon still sitting in its delivery box. I may not commence construction until the Christmas holidays.

19. chook

chook Member

That is exactly what I thought too, heh.

20. Zee

Zee Member

I'd love to see more bikes, like the BMW R1200GS. A Duc sportsbike, maybe a KTM, a V-rod would be cool if they got it right...

Z...