Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. franny

franny Member

Went to Brickvention on the weekend in Melbourne's docklands. Will try to post pictures when I get time to upload them, but some of those pieces were phenomenal.

2. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

https://www.scoopon.com.au/deals/75...urce=scoopon&utm_campaign=newsmelbournecity#/

3. trop

trop Member

Apparently most Myers have received stock of the UCS Falcon now too but a lot don't have it out on the floor, you have to ask for it.

4. Irrational

Irrational Member

Fuck, the UCS Falcon is a beast of a kit. No idea how I’d sneak that past the wife. That being said, I did score the Lego VW Beetle for Christmas. I’m just starting to get back into Lego as an AFOL.

5. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

If my Son was into Star Wars, I think I'd buy it, even though it looks like its expensive on a $/piece ratio.

~7500 pieces for ~$1300 compared to the Saturn V I'm building atm, 1969 pieces for ~$160

6. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

I'm after a birthday present for a 6 year old. Criteria is best Ninjago set, under $50.

7. chook

chook Member

Criteria is irrelevant. If you really loved him you would get him the UCS Millenium Falcon :p.

More seriously and in the interest of providing actual help as opposed to just shitposting, Maybe this one: https://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Master-Falls-70608. Looks like it has some fun elements and at six he is likely to want to actually play instead of build it and put it on display.

8. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Can't see anything for the Falcon on the Myer website :(

9. chook

chook Member

They are still in the process of shipping out to individual stores, particularly the non-metropolitan ones. Most stock is already allocated to customers that placed orders when it first went on sale so it might not even make it onto their online store.

10. Irrational

Irrational Member

That Saturn V is going to be the one of my next purchases I think. It's sensational.

11. Brett

Brett Member

My Saturn V decided to stage all stages instantly while I was trying to pick it up to show it to someone over xmas. Collected the stages and all broken off pieces I could find.
    Have put it together what I could remember/made sense, still have ~20 pieces in the container and seem to be missing at least some of the top of section 2. Nothing found in the vac cleaner bag.
    Will also empty the room when I'm over this thing I've got and contact support/sales for parts later.

In case I missed someone else say it, the manual is next level quality.

12. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Mine also experienced Rapid, Unplanned Disassembly of the 3rd Stage, when I tipped it over to put it on the stands, and discovered that It was just resting in its fairing, and not clipped in. The LEM survived hard fall to the ground though :).

13. chook

chook Member

Perhaps your particular Saturn V rockets had been subcontracted to Virgin for construction? Mine has not yet been built so I will make sure that it is assembled by more reliable Foxconn workers instead :p.

14. Zee

Zee Member

I have two to construct, maybe I'll take a bet each way.

Z...

15. Brett

Brett Member

Still building 42054 Xerion, slowly. Had to restart a 90% complete bonnet due to 1 part I'd misaligned.

Have been chasing a Duplo deluxe train set (powered train, hill segments, etc) to add to the kids existing stuff with little success. Bit the bullet and bought one direct.
    "Had" to add a Technic Yacht to qualify for free shipping, unfortunately.
    It's been dispatched today, I'm guessing it's going to be a fortnight away?

Shipping out of the US has been pretty bad recently, IMO.
    Have some chilli sauce come from NY,weirdly via Dubai, that I'm still waiting on that was dispatched on the 8th.

16. Brett

Brett Member

Finished the tractor, nice build. Claw is a bit picky.
    Looking at starting 42070 6x6 Tow truck. ~1900 pieces, ~18 outer bags. None numbered :(

17. trop

trop Member

Picked up the UCS Falcon from my local toyworld yesterday, this thing is huge!

They jacked up the price $50 to $1350 but at least I got a mint one. I have put off buying it online as my local auspost are very rough and i expected it to be knocked around in delivery and probably left on my doorstep instead of carded.

18. Brett

Brett Member

Just finished 42070 6x6 Tow truck.
    Super fucking impressive. Don't see how reviews were rubbishing it at launch.
    The selection/gearing mechanism is a work of art.
    Full RC driving, 6x6 drive, articulated rear suspension. RC outrigger controls, boom lift & rotation, hook drop/lift. All from 1 PF remote.
    Easiest access to the PF battery pack I've ever seen.

Next up I've got a 42030 VOLVO Wheel Loader to build and a 42043 Arocs due in the post next week.
    Gave myself 42055 BWE for xmas last year and will pick up the 42078 Mack Anthem when it's on sale. If anyone wants to shout me a Mobile Crane Mk2, I'll be happy to accept :D

19. Copie

Copie Member

Built the lego shuttle tonight, set 10231.

Detail is good, not as detailed as the sat v (and its not on the same scale) but all the same it looks good.

Have got some more kits coming including a bootleg kit to see what they are like.

[​IMG]

20. trop

trop Member

People in this thread get a little bit pissy when you discuss the knockoff sets but there is a thread for them. And the quality is basically on par with the legit sets, just doesn't have "lego" on top of the studs.

BuzzPuppy likes this.