Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Brett

Brett Member

42030 Volvo Wheel Loader complete.
    Another great, older, flagship build. Found cheap, NIB in a bike shop months ago.
    Stepper motor articulated steering is snappy, dual PF remotes are comfortable and logically set out, bucket operation is good.
    From what I can tell, the green engine cyclinder blocks are unique to the set?

Meanwhile, my Arocs has been "With Australia Post for delivery today" for the last 2 days, no sign. The PO is literally 500m away. :(

2. HyRax1

HyRax1 ¡Viva la Resolutión!

3. Brett

Brett Member

Picked up Arocs from the PO yesterday since I missed the delivery, they came the first time I've been out in ~3 weeks. Not started yet but happy to see numbered bags.
    Was surprised today when 10508 DUPLO Deluxe Train Set arrived w/ TECHNIC 42074 Racing Yacht.
    10508 features motorised engine w/ sound effects, hill & overpass tracks and a bunch of other thematic elements and will go well with the kids existing DUPLO train collection.
    The Yacht was bought on a whim, it qualified me for free shipping so only ended up costing ~$20.

4. Brett

Brett Member

I may be a bit behind with the news, but saw "leaked" 2018 H2 Technic boxes online today.
    Crane and tree harvester look good. Somewhere mentioned the crane boom arm may be up to a meter long.
    Also, Bugatti have confirmed a Technic Chiron is coming this year, ~3600 pieces. Presumably to replace the 911 GT3 RS?

5. Zee

Zee Member

I got my girl the roller coaster/theme park one. It’s quite awesome! I’m becoming in fan of the Friends sets. Good way to get girls into it.

Z...

6. Brett

Brett Member

Arocs was a nice build. Pneumatics could of been layed out a bit cleaner, took a couple of goes at getting the feed lines clear of the arm rotation mechanism.
    Really looking modding for at PF drive & steering.

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I actually thought that too. I got the same set for my niece for Christmas.

I'm trying to extend my current sets, but not sure what's worth getting right now. I've got primarily star wars, Technic and cars. I believe I have all the currently available cars, I really really want the big bucket digger (RRP $400) but I'm waiting for it to come onsale somewhere.

8. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

9. Brett

Brett Member

Matches what I paid XMAS '16 @ BigW, haven't seen it cheaper.
    It's a great set to build and display but the single motor limits functionality and it really doesn't like batteries that aren't 100% charged.

10. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

I've been jonesing for a Technics kit since we went to the Megaman Lego exhibition in Darling Harbour during the holidays.. anyway, was in Big W for something else and saw the 42065 RC Tracked Racer for $89 which seemed pretty good for a kit with motors etc in it. A quick google confirmed my suspicions and it was miiiiine. Haven't built one in years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took about 2 hours including beer breaks and a quick check to make sure the garden wasn't flooding in the torrential rain that happened during the build. And then..

Lots of fun. Enjoyed building it while listening to podcasts and it's a hoot to drive around.

edit: one modification I've made already is fitting some 1x1 clear studs to the tracks so it can get a bit more grip. the tracks are plastic not rubber so slip on fabric etc but the studs help it get a bit of purchase.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. Brett

Brett Member

After building 42069 Extreme Adventure and seeing the studs on the tracks, I Bricklinked some "Technic, Link Tread Attachment, Double, Rubber" for my 42065 Tracked Racer. Shipping took a while but they finally arrived today. Fitted easily, I chose every 2nd link but it has an uneven number of links so I had to choose either a double gap or double bar. Top speed seems slightly down but it gives real rubber traction on tiles, wood, climbing obstacles, etc.
    I'll post a pic later if people are interested.

edit:
    Also, "21313 Ship in a Bottle" and "40290 60 Years of the LEGO Brick" arrived yesterday.
    Looks like "42078 Mack Anthem" will be here early n/w.
    Put in an order this morning for some L, XL & Servo motors + other RC bits, made minimum for free shipping. Declined the $90 "express" shipping.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Agg likes this.
  12. Copie

Copie Member

Slave 1 arrived Friday, finished building it this afternoon, good build though it doesnt feel quite as solid compared to other models. I also got the Red 5 x-wing a few weeks back as well. My MF is still sitting in Customs, has been for a month now.

IMG_2396.jpg IMG_2397.jpg

13. clonex

clonex Member

Wtf??? All that for $89?

14. Brett

Brett Member

Yeah, everyday price @ BigW. Cheaper than buying the PF parts alone direct. Batt pack, 2x M motor, IR remote & receiver.
    I'm going to at least try it with 2x L motors when they get here. Maybe even with an analog IR remote when I can get hold of some.

Built 21313 Ship in a Bottle last night, displays well, kids love it.
    Only real gripe is the compromise they made in the brick placement of the top surface of the bottle. If they'd made the middle mast the same height as the rear, they wouldn't have had to modify the layout of the bricks/panels to accomodate it.

15. chook

chook Member

Your lounge room looks like mine.

I have the Death Star and Super Star Destroyer on my coffee table for now but they will be moving when my MF gets here and I will get a nice glass table/cabinet to put it in.

I notice that you also haven't put the stickers on the cockpits of Red 5 or Slave 1. I was kind of too scared to do it since I would likely fuck it up and make it all sloppy. One day I will grow a pair and do it :).

16. Brett

Brett Member

Some potato pics from the kitchen table.
    42065 Tracked Racer.jpg
    21313 Ship in a Bottle.jpg

Have some floating shelving to put up, probably over the weekend, 2x 1200mm long. Just realising now that that'll only take 4 of the bigger vehicles and I still don't have a proper home for the BWE since my last room reshuffle.

Agg likes this.
  17. Radley

Radley Member

Sign me up.

Yesterday I was going through catalogues from '88 to '96 trying to remember which sets I had. It was pretty hard because I can't remember if I had the sets, or if I remember them from pouring over the catalogues for years! I'll find out in a few months when my parents move up here. Can't wait to build all the old sets!
    Here's what I think I have...
    8855 Sea plane
    8865 Test car
    6274 Caribbean Clipper
    6260 Shipwreck Island
    6257 Castaway's Raft
    6077 Forestmen's River Fortress
    6071 Forestmen's Crossing
    6081 King's Mountain Fortress
    6034 Black Monarch's Ghost
    6989 Mega Core Magnetizer
    6783 Sonar Transmitting Cruiser
    8850 V6 Rally Off Roader
    6389 Fire Station with heliplatform
    6981 Aerial Intruder
    6988 Alpha Centuri Outpost
    8838 Technic Moto Cross Bike
    8856 Technic Thunder Rescue Helicopter
    8868 Pneumatic Truck
    6879 Blizzard Baron
    6082 Fire Breathing Fortress
    6076 Dark Dragon's Den
    6278 Indigo Island
    6236 Indigo Chief's Throne
    6991 Monorail Shuttle Launcher
    6949 Spyrius Mighty Mogul
    6125 Aquanaut Octopod
    8440 Octan Indy Racer
    6145 Aquanaut Turbo Amphi

18. Paul B2

Paul B2 Member

19. Radley

Radley Member

haha you spent 2 hours sorting parts?! Rummaging through the pile for the part you need is the best bit!

20. chook

chook Member

Was visiting my parents at Christmas along with most of my brothers and sisters and we were talking about how we used to all sit around as youngsters digging through the huge tubs of Lego making cities and spaceships and trucks and all the rest; we had (have?) several of the big storage containers filled with Lego. Mum mentioned that it was almost therapeutic hearing the Lego tip over in the containers while she was baking cakes and biscuits to fuel the engineers of tomorrow and how much she misses it.