Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Just realised the Mack Truck costs a shitload less than the Porsche, has almost as many pieces (2600 instead of 2700ish) has just as much detail, and honestly looks cooler.

Thinking the Porsche price was nothing but a brand tax :(

2. japes

japes Member

Picked up the Saturn V this weekend when I saw it at RRP at a local Toyworld - couldn't help myself.

Build was a little bit repetitive, but damn, what a kit for the price. Can't fit it beside my Shuttle Expedition and Curiosity Rover with my current display setup due to its size, but will have to make some changes so it can.

3. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So I'm less than 1/4 through the Porsche build, my fingers are killing me, it's taken me 4 hours to get here. And I don't want to stop! :D

4. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

I thought the same about the repetitiveness, it was a good build to build with the Kids... I could do one part to demonstrate, and then the other 3 were left for the willing slave labor.

I wish it was Minifig Scale - https://www.brothers-brick.com/2012...-rocket-nearly-big-enough-to-fly-to-the-moon/

5. japes

japes Member

6. Brett

Brett Member

Got some time tonight to work on an ongoing project.
    Wiring is only temporary...

progress.jpg

XL drive & direct connect servo steering on the speed controller remote. XL mounted between the 2nd axle and outriggers.
    Tipper, outriggers, crane rotation and pump all individually m-motor powered.
    Pneumatic tank needs a new home. Also considering relocating all the pneumatic controls to one side.

MonoJoker likes this.
  7. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I'm really after a LEGO submarine of some kind. After playing through Subnautica recently I must have my own sub lol.

The Beatles Yellow Submarine isn't really what I'm after but it's readily available.

I've come across 4888 - Ocean Odyssey which looks pretty good but it's fairly rare and expensive if I want BNIB.

Can anyone recommend anything else?

Doesn't have to be legit if there's a MOC somewhere with decent instructions etc

8. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

holdennutta check out Bricklink for 4888, you might find it cheaper. I often buy from overseas if it's a rare set or the price justifies it. From memory I got a BNIB Tower Bridge for under $300 including post which was a bargain at the time.

It's as cheap as $216AUD (plus post) from a Canadian seller: https://store.bricklink.com/mikozaur?itemID=118808595#/shop?o={%22invID%22:%22118808595%22}

Cheers.

9. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Thanks MonoJoker. I did find that new one but at $216pp it's a bit out of my impulse buy for the time being, but it is a LOT better than ebay prices! I am considering going for one of the used kits also on Bricklink but it's really not all that much more for the new one... Decisions, decisions!

This bricklink site seems pretty amazing though. Such a resource! And their 3D builder app is a bit clunky to use but it's comprehensive!

10. bonox

bonox Member

the best, imo, is the B model of the 8480

Instructions available online, parts by bricklink or ebaying an old set.

There's also a 8250 (or 8299 depending on market)

11. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I'm still yet to complete the Porsche. Mother of god it's so daunting. I haven't felt the drive to complete it like I did with all my other sets.

I think it's the fact I had to pull pieces apart like 3 times because I'd missed something. Or I'd put something where it didn't go. :(