1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

That's a huge score! That's what, $300 off???

2. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Yup - if I'm honest I actually got two. David Jones had 20% if you buy two toys in the same transaction at the moment. David Jones called me (was on a waiting list) as I was leaving work and said they had two just come in and I was 5 minutes away. So yeah - I ran there. Right place at the right time. Came in outer brown cardboard box and all.

Got Amex Points and another $10 off with an Amex promo

Unsure what to do with the second one - see how I feel will keep it for now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  3. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

You'd be crazy not to buy it at that price. I thought the Falcon is specifically excluded in Myer sales though. I definitely saw it mentioned in the sign last time I was at Myer.

Edit: I took a picture - here you go.

Attached Files:

4. chook

chook Member

It was last time and in store this time there is a sign however the exclusion isn't listed in the catalogue so they have to honour the discount. Already confirmed that with Myer.

The only reason I think not to buy it is because I already have one. Even if I did buy could flip it for say, $1100 or $1200 and profit.

5. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Sell it to me? :D

6. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Stumbled into Myer accidentally this am while waiting for Apple to repair my phone.

Ended up grabbing the Old Fishing Store for $219.

Had a stack of Saturn V as well but all went while I was umming and ahh’ing over whether to get the Old Fishing Store or the Detectives Office for $189 (I think it was).

Ended up deciding on the fishing store because it’s not modular and I really loved the exterior detailing on all sides. If I bought a modular one I’d have to buy more to put beside it ha

Madengineer likes this.
  7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah I saw those online. They looked pretty great. There's a reason I never walk into their stores anymore... haha

8. Reaper

Reaper Member

The detectives office is pretty cool. Has secret passages and stuff. That's an awesome price too. Which Myer? That fishing store looks cool.

9. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Yeah, i've been after the detective's office for a while now and was pretty tempted at that price. However in person looking at the boxes I decided the Old Fishing Shop was just a bit cooler.

Was Myer at Carindale shops. Wife seems to think it was $183.

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Fuck me. Received the Mack Truck in the mail this arvo. So much fucking bigger than I expected!

The damn final size of it is 83cm! I don't have anywhere to put it! It's longer than the damn GT3!

I'm actually tempted to buy a second one as well, cause their 2 in one model is pretty cool (first is the normal Mack truck with a shipping container, second is a garbage truck).

It looks incredible! I can't build the fucking thing till Saturday! It's going to be soooo hard to not do it between now and then... 3 more days of work. I swear it'll be the longest 3 days of my life.

11. chook

chook Member

12. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

Hint: Never leave your 3 year old alone for 4+ hours saturday morning.. he will climb on chairs and tables to get to any lego in reach and pull it all apart!, shuttle, caterham7 and a few technic models (only the smaller ones though thankfulkly) demolished!

Madengineer likes this.
  13. chook

chook Member

So there I was at Big W today because I needed to get some plastic containers. Being the mature adult filled with self control that I am I was casually wandering past all the Lego and there she was. This sexy looking Mack truck. I didn't even have to offer to buy her a drink and she just offered to come home with me. Now the only question is, do I build it right now just to be mean to Madengineer or do I give it to my brother like I had originally planned?

MonoJoker likes this.
  14. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Oh man. Don't do it!

I'm so keen. Every night while I'm at my PC, I steal glances at her beautiful box. Gently stroking it. Telling myself I need to wait. To give it everything when I've got the time.

While still trying to come up with a way to display the damn thing. I'm also still contemplating buying a second one to make the garbage truck... But Mrtoysworld increased the price back to like, $260.

15. chook

chook Member

I'm not going to but maybe you could, you know, borrow her and fulfil that twin fantasy :p.

My brother is a diesel fitter and has https://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Excavator-42006 because he used to do a lot of work on yellow plant. Now he works on those and trucks so I thought this would be a great companion for it. They will be the only two Lego models he has and he built the excavator with his sons/my nephews. It would be super cool for them to do this one together and put it on display beside that.

16. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

17. chook

chook Member

18. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Really? I think it looks shit?

19. chook

chook Member

There are parts of the original fan made one I think are better, particularly the chest. The roundness and the logo don't look quite right. I am presuming that it is based more on the contemporary remake of Voltron with the Japanese style of animation in it but I haven't watched that version. The fan made one looks more like the Voltron I remember growing up in the 80's.

Seeing my childhood awesome brought to life will undoubtedly puts something of a rose coloured effect on it and perhaps makes me think it might be better than it is but I am still going to say that I like it :).

20. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah that's what I thought as well...