Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Zee

Zee Member

Time to build is a whole different thing. I still have my 911GT3 - I've started the engine. Then there is my UCS Tie Fighter, a bunch of AT-ST type stuff, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Saturn V... I really should get onto the Saturn V.

Z...

2. Zee

Zee Member

Holy shit... Is that orange spoon thing an actual Lego piece? MY daughter has a shitload of them, and I was wondering where they hell they've been coming from. I presume it's a brick puller? Geez I'm a retard...

Z...

3. chook

chook Member

Yeah, they are pretty cool. You get one in most of the big sets I think (or at least all the ones that I have bought recently). Sure beats having to use your fingernails and teeth back from when I was getting chased off lawns.

4. Zee

Zee Member

Yup - that'll be from all the freaking huge Lego Friends & Disney Princess sets I've been buying her! Time to steal some of them, I think...

Z...

5. chook

chook Member

It is not stealing comrade, it is redistribution of society's resources to where they can be of the most use ;).

Zee likes this.
  6. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Toys R Us at Doncaster has quite a bit of lego left. They are even selling the Lego shelves and display units

7. redav

redav Member

8. fishman_71

fishman_71 Member

Had some time yesterday and finally picked up the Lay-buy from Myer's 25% off sale back in early June.

Picked up 42062, (had already picked up 42063 as a welcome to the new job present :) ), 42065, 42070, 42071, 42075, 42077, 42078 and 42084.

This might be the last lot for a while. Time to grow up and start a serious house deposit. Hobart's housing market has gone to the dogs since I was last home some 17 years ago. Prices through the roof and rental availability almost non-existent at realistic levels.....will put a serious dent in future LEGO acquisitions :)

9. trop

trop Member

Finished the Falcon and got it mounted on the stand then up on the display shelf. I recommend 2 people to put on the stand :tongue:

Click to view full size!

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Oh boy! That looks amazing! I hope the stand is like, super suppprtive. Because that’s a long way to fall.

11. trop

trop Member

Stand is fine, it pins into the main chassis of the falcon so it can’t come off and it’s sturdy enough to hold the weight.

Not sure why they bothered with the interior, can’t imagine too many people displaying it without the top bits on.

12. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

won tickets to Lego Land and took the kids. Let's just say that if i paid full price, i would be pissed. It's so small in there and pretty rubbish overall

13. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

14. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah I saw that on the Top Gear Facebook page. Looks amazing!

15. trop

trop Member

Looks like absolute crap imo. Really disappointed.

16. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

It's also quite cheap. I would've expected something of a higher price bracket. It looks on the same par as the VW Beetle.

17. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

18. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Just a heads up Shopforme.com.au is having a scratch and dent sale on Lego.

eg: CITY 60197 PASSENGER TRAIN $159.99 http://shopforme.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_40&products_id=3079

Also they have the Saturn V on sale: LEGO 21309 NASA APOLLO SATURN V http://www.shopforme.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_184&products_id=2824

Heaps more at the Specials link on this page: http://www.shopforme.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=12

No affiliated but might be some bargains there - I'm on a Lego hiatus for now, way too many unbuilt sets in the cupboard LOL.

Strange1 likes this.
  19. Strange1

Strange1 Member

MonoJoker likes this.
  20. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

You’re welcome :)

Just on my hiatus I couldn’t resist Creator 31801 today at target. Got them to price match Myers 20% off LEGO at the checkout simply by showing them the Myer item on my phone so $44.99. Very cool set for my son and I to build and play.

https://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/lego-creator-modular-skate-house-31081

Only disappointment is the fact the scooter doesn’t have 'wheels'.