1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Zee

Zee Member

I'm going to be doing this too. I'm sticking to UCS sets only for Star Wars, I want Voltron, other than that, select Technic cars, and, of course, the Saturn V, of which I have two in my pile of shame...

I am trying to convince my partner to name a cafe we're opening Tau Ceti, so I have an excuse to display the Saturn V next to the coffee machine (in a cabinet, of course).

Z...

2. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

Son turned 4 yesterday, so he (read: me) scored 60197 (lego passenger train) :D kept him occupied all last night and this morning so very happy. Now need to find a good source for cheap track peices as the loop we have isnt very exciting.

MonoJoker likes this.
  3. chook

chook Member

I am pretty sure that UCS is exclusively a Star Wars line. There are other sets that appear to be UCS but the only ones with the official UCS label are Star Wars sets.

EDIT: Wrong me! There are !(Star Wars) sets: Three DC and the one Marvel.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  4. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I originally started with Star Wars. Then I said ok UCS only.
    Then I bought the Creator expert landmark sets (Opera House, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Taj) and decided I needed a GBHQ to go with it
    Then I bought the Creator cars (all except London Bus and Aston Martin)
    Then I bought alot of the large Technic including the supercars, bucket wheel, volvo, Aroc etc
    Then I bought Ninjago City and Airtjitzu coz wow they look freakin amazing.
    Then I bought alot of the Ideas sets like Saturn V, Fishing Store, Tron, Ship in a Bottle

Now I want the HP castle and Voltron and Docks :(

Bah. Maybe I should try cull something but I love them allllllll despite not having space. lol

I've avoided the modulars. That's something right? RIGHT!?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  5. Rainey

Rainey Member

You got the bug, hard.

I find it very hard to not buy EVERYTHING that isn't larger than the run of the mill playsets. Lego are on fire with their designs lately.

6. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Well at least they saved me money with Cloud City!

7. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

We got the 60051 when my son was 4 too. Great build but not much track. So i got one of these and we were able to make a decent loop that circled around our Lego city: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-LEG...5-Train-Tracks-CITY-Free-Postage/173490876977 The flexi track is great as you can make variable curves.

8. trop

trop Member

If its just for the young bloke and you don't mind mixing the bits, the lepin track bits work well and you get a heap of bits for a reasonable price. My sons train set is 3x the size it would of been.

9. Zee

Zee Member

What I actually meant by that, was that I will only by Star Wars sets that are UCS. I didn't know about DC and Marvel either.

Z...

10. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Niiice I saw this in a store in Germany and a few other places and wanted to bring it home! Definitely keen on getting one at a good price.

This and the rollercoaster set are the next two things for me. I have a lot of other boxed sets I have not tackled yet, considering selling some off now and consolidating the collection.

11. trop

trop Member

I have 3 of the four marvel/dc UCS sets - 7784 Batmobile, 76023 Batman Tumbler & 76042 SHIELD Helicarrier. The other set 76052 60's Batcave is a playset.

Going to keep the batman ones I have but will be selling the Helicarrier in the quest for more room!

12. Zee

Zee Member

Yeah, that things looks huge! It was tempting, but there are other large sets I want more.

Z...

13. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I had the Helicarrier but sold it. I'm not sure it is a UCS - I suspect it may have unofficially been given that title.

Regardless, it was quite big and a tad ugly

14. uLa32

uLa32 Member

anyone finished their voltron sets yet? pics please!

mine's currently sitting on my unbuilt pile of shame until i get time to build it... and mine's only the original star wars sets and vintage space! (with a few exceptions).

15. trop

trop Member

Unfortunately mine is on the pile of shame too (only voltron & big hulkbuster on it atm though). I might start tonight if I get a burst of energy.

16. Brett

Brett Member

Uchuujin-san and uLa32 like this.
  17. uLa32

uLa32 Member

wow that's decently big! better as voltron or separate lions for display you reckon?

18. trop

trop Member

Both :D

19. whatisk

whatisk Member

20. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Tossing up between finally finishing my London Bus set (still half done) or playing more WoW.

God life choices are hard!