Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

asked my 6 year old what she wants for Christmas this yea... little crap says "i want the Harry Potter castle", considering we haven't even read the books to her, or watched the movies, no idea how she decided she wants that

2. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I want the HP Castle too. Looks amazing, although I wonder about Disney Castle more so. It hasn't come to retail and I wonder if it would retire soon. $500 is just too much for it though - I guess there is double VIP at the moment, but even so.

Still want Voltron as well! Bah

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

i want the Voltron set,and the Nasa one

4. trop

trop Member

I thought Myer had the Disney castle? I'm sure I've seen it there?

My 8 year old daughter who is Harry Potter obsessed wants the HP Castle for xmas too but I think she will be happy enough with the 75953, 75954, 75951 & 75952 which I won from the Facebook Lego raffle group. Might try and grab the 75955 Hogwarts Express to go with it though.

5. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

6. akashra

akashra Member

I've had a number of sets stashed away for when I had surgery planned, so in the last week I've built the Porsche 911 GT3 and the Saturn V Rocket.

Next up: Technics rally car, Hulkbuster, finishing off Voltron, and Wall-E.

7. Brett

Brett Member

42070 6x6 tow truck was completed again earlier in the week. Dual XL drive motors, M motors everywhere else, triple IR receivers/remotes. Not completely happy with the boom rotation. Steering has 2 extra changes I considered making during construction but went against, regretting it now.

42069 4x4 adventure has today been half half converted from tracks to wheels. I tried to cut corners but I'll have to buy a pair of steering axle assemblies to finish it. Black 56mm wheels & Volvo L350F/Unimog tyres.

Also took delivery of some flex cable parts to look at remote controlling the tow hitch on the Mack Anthem.

Finally, "accidentally" bought a 911GT3RS last week, $50 off at BigW. Then went home and Bricklink'd a Mobile Crane Mk2. And a Crawler Crane.

8. redav

redav Member

These things happen :)

25% off selected sets at Myer

9. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Cant link for sale threads... But I'm just gonna say, I'm trying to sell a complete in box Nasa Saturn V rocket...

10. Brett

Brett Member

"Upgraded" the Rough Terrain Crane today.
    Replaced 2x 18mm wheels with 4x pulley wheels.
    Pretty sure the boom and counterweight would have failed first but I like the aesthetic.
    block.jpg

Obligatory wobbly one handed shot while using other hand to use hanging down-light instead of a flash shot.
    shelf.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    mad_mic3 likes this.
  11. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

That crane looks amazing!

12. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

13. Brett

Brett Member

Had my sbricks turn up this week. Only just scratched the surface of what they can do and already super impressed.

Did some work yesterday on remote controlling the Mack Anthem trailer hitch, using an idea I stole from youtube using technic flex cables. Waiting on some longer flex cables to turn up before finalising.
    Heads up, no more free shipping to WA or NT.

14. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

15. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I almost bought the RTC on the weekend, got to the checkout and was told "Technic is excluded", aw. Will wait for a sale when it is included!

16. Brett

Brett Member

Started the 42056 Porsche last night, finished box 1 today. I'm using the instructions by Didumos69 from eurobricks/rebrickable to fix some of the issues without going overboard. After finishing will do the removable body mod.
    But, I'm seriously impressed at where it is already. I've been saying to people I'll just throw the wheels on it and be done. Mechanically, a masterpiece.

Madengineer likes this.
  17. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

ooo, thanks for the link to the fixes, I have opened the box to start the build of the Porsche... and that's it :p

18. Brett

Brett Member

No problem.
    It is possible to go further; HOG steering, gear indicator, ackerman steering geometry, complete RC even.
    Have to admit, I did hang an XL motor off the back of the crank and just run it up and down through the gears for a few minutes :)

19. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

20. AMD72

AMD72 Member