Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I might be able to help. Which ones are they after and have to trade with?

2. Strange1

Strange1 Member

If you have the sheet with the numbers then they are after 1x3, 1x7, 1x11, 1x20 and 2x22. For spares they have 2x1, 1x6, 2x8, 2x10, 1x12, 1x14, 1x16, 1x17, 3x18, 2x19 and 1x21 :)

3. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

A couple of Chinese ones are available at “I’m Rick James Bricks”. Check them out on Facebook for details.

4. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Only in-store and pickup sadly

5. Brett

Brett Member

The only thing that really caught my attention was the 911 RSR, but turns out it's just a poorly rebodied 42077 Rally Car.
    H2 2019 technic concepts are leaking already. spider crane @ ~500 parts, car transporter @ ~2500 parts and a replacement for 42030 L350F with 4 motors again.

6. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Ahh the 911 RSR. I also want that as I already have the Porsche and Bugatti and collect most large Technic sets but no rush as it'll have decent sales.

7. Brett

Brett Member

Built 10268 Vestas turbine tonight. The completed model is nice enough, but parts of the build were meh.
    Random, mixed bags shouldn't exist in a ~800 piece set, I'd forgive them not being numbered.
    The instance on using the AA battery box is stupid, integration suffers compared to the AAA box.
    The lack of part sizes in the instructions as in Technic manuals is frustrating when you've been used to them for years.
    Nitpicking here but if the gap between the building and the hill was 1 stud wider it'd be enough to park the service van.

On the positive side, use of the mudguards as chair backs was smart, looks good.
    The toolkit/tank trolley in the van is well done.
    Also noticed the van is at the speed champions scale, if that matters to anyone.

8. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Got this bad boy at Myer today. Unfortunately couldn't grab a dragon as my name wasn't on the reserved list

Edit: Managed to also get the Dragon at end of the day :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

What's the attraction with that set, is it a limited edition? OK now you have me interested - "a dragon"? Is that a bonus item for early buyers? Looked on AU Lego store, no matches for that set number :(

10. Brett

Brett Member

Limited, APAC only.
    80102 Looking at ~$130pp from SEA on bricklink.

Needed to do something constructive this afternoon so had a quick first swing at the next round of Mack Anthem modding. It's always annoyed me that the container was too short, the trailer annoyed me it was only dual axle and hiding the sbrick and battery pack behind the side boards wasn't ideal visually or for wiring. Plan is to widen part of the chassis to accommodate them internally.
    Container has been stretched, some parts to be ordered. Triple axle installed, using same layout/pattern as the original. Chassis had been (hastily) lengthened but not re-enforced or widened.
    [​IMG]

edit: comments/questions/critique?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  11. Radley

Radley Member

This is a VERY shitty timelapse of me building the Anthem truck It's my first timelapse for something like this so I've got a lot to learn, but it's a bit of fun.

The Anthem was an incredibly fun bild though, and I'm really keen on buying more lego but............. My parents just dropped off all my Lego from when I was a kid and it's going to take some time building all the old models. Luckly I have all the manuals and a bunch of the boxes. Most boxes are stuffed, but I have somet that are in good nick. Here a few I could easily reach. https://imgur.com/a/rOrxy67 For reference, the Legoland spaceship is from 1989 and I should still have all the pieces... I hope.
    Oh, and my parents ordered the larger pirate ship from the UK, but it literally got stolen in transit so they had to settle with the smaller blue one!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Madengineer likes this.
  12. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Pretty cool man!

Now that I've got a bigger place, I've got like, 10 models I need to build. Going to see how we go for dust though, as the previous models were caked in dust :(

Radley likes this.
  13. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

The Overwatch DVA and Reinhardt set is back in stock on shop at home. My one arrived today (2 days shipping!!! pretty awesome).

14. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Waiting for them to appear on an Amazon sale to get them. No rush. Too much backlog would just sit there.

15. Bourke

Bourke Member

16. Radley

Radley Member

Well at least it's not called 'Masters of Legos'...

17. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

When I was disassembling a lot of models we had sitting around I used a decent (ie not Bunnings $2 job) 75mm paintbrush which works a treat to remove dust. Should be in every LEGO builders kit imo.

18. trop

trop Member

Can of air and a duster does a good job for quick cleans every month or so and as MonoJoker said, a good soft bristle paint brush for big cleans.

Have purchased a couple of older sets over the years which have had the dust stained on them. I put them in my wifes bra-bag thing and put them in the washing machine with napi-san on the gentlest cycle & no spin. Cleans them up perfectly and no damage.

MonoJoker likes this.
  19. redav

redav Member

I know it's old news but I'm discovering how bad the new plastic recipe really is. Since having these sets, we've broken the odd piece and I've grumbled a little but we're currently sorting out the mess that our five Winter Village sets have become and I can't believe how many pieces are or have broken. Some from an incredibly innocuous separation of pieces. Our 22 month old even managed to snap a horse in half, something I never did as a kid. The new, non-Winter Village sets haven't experienced any level of breakage like this and they're played with daily as opposed to these living in storage for 11 months of the year.

20. Radley

Radley Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Madengineer likes this.