Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

God damn it’s so big and glorious.

2. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Rightio so I finished the Saturn V early this morning, and gotta say, it was a pretty awesome build! It was very repetitive (but that's going to happen since it's a cylinder). But it felt so good to see it finished!

Only 2 issues. IMO the stands suck. And there were four 4X1 pieces that I had to remove for the 3rd (I think 3rd) segment to attach properly. It kept pushing the panels out on the segment before it. Overall, a solid 7/10 build! Took roughly 7 hours to build, so really pleased.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Brett

Brett Member

Long time coming but I'm about to start my 42009 Mobile Crane Mk2. Have a pair of sbricks to control it and plan on doing something similar to Jurgens Ultimate 42009.
    Also just finished the preparation stages of building a 8275 Motorised Bulldozer for myself. My initial guesstimate of ~$280 for someone else was off, after I'd raided my parts bins and ignoring the stupidly priced Pneumatic Cylinder Brackets it came out at $75pp, the 4 (not actually used for pneumatics) brackets cost me almost $8 each...
    Also starting yet another project, considering I'll end up with a bulldozer, excavator, BWE and BWE b model I thought I may as well build a 6x6 off-road dump-truck. To make it interesting it'll double up as rock crawler/trial truck. edit: and remote gear change.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

It's a little worse for wear after being in storage for ages.

Parts fallen off that I need to work out where it all goes.

All setup waiting for a cleaning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

You talking about the fold stand 4x1 thats in your pic?

Just (stupidly) pulled one panel off mine and its defintly there and sitting nicely, you sure you didnt put anything else on backwards? (I have no idea how im getting the panel back on without ripping the whole wall off)

6. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

Right, I see what you probably did. make sure the grey 2x1 with the centre bump is aligned across the yellow 2x1 hooks correctly. The gold bar iss supposed to hold the middle of the 2x8(?) panel.

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Nah, you can't see them in the picture. They were grey pieces I removed.

8. Brett

Brett Member

42009 Mobile Crane Mk2 is functionally complete, still has some things to fix and polish to apply, sbricks are working great.
    Parts arrived today to complete the 42042 Crawler Crane RC build.
    Instead of doing an ugly motor mount inside the claw or hooking up a possibly temperamental cable system I thought outside the box. And yes, it's all Lego.[​IMG]

Radley likes this.
  9. nibennett

nibennett Member

Radley and MonoJoker like this.
  10. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I built the Mustang on Friday night. Totally loved the build. There are some really great build techniques used.
    A bit annoyed with the misaligned printed stripes on the doors though. I have lodged a case with Lego Customer Support. I recommend anyone else who has this set do the same thing. Hopefully they will reprint the pieces and replace them.

Attached Files:

Madengineer likes this.
  11. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

I checked my mustang last night and yeah, the printing isnt 100% perfect but really not enough that I would have noticed if you didnt say anything (DAMN YOU!)

12. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I didn't notice either when I was building it. But now I've seen it I can't unsee it. I wrote to Lego customer support and they are replacing all 14 parts for me! Hopefully I'll then have enough that match (or at least are close).

How good is the build though?! I'd like to make one in red. Not sure if all the elements exist in red but I'm sure it could be done.

13. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Hey Team

Any recommendations on where to buy retired sets? Bricklink? I am regretting not getting the Ferrari F40 creator set...

Also that Mustang is looking sweet. Do you have any more photos of it complete? Glad the build is being loved, it was on my maybe list but I am finding it hard to resist cars as my go to collection for Lego!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  14. Brett

Brett Member

Finished my 8275 Motorised Bulldozer from parts build tonight, some older techniques and parts but enjoyable. The brickbuilt dozer blade is pretty cool. Will change out the drive sprockets with the "proper" colour and switch out a last couple of studded bricks for liftarms at a later date.
    Bricklink for sure, there is a local one NIB for $170pp at the moment or a local used, complete except box for $158 delivered.

edit: the guy with the new F40 also has a pretty cheap MINI Cooper and VW Camper.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 1:33 AM