Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Phido

Phido Member

I see this is basically $12 everywhere.

Looks like an awesome set, love space is a great lego theme and the mini-figs are so classic.

The benny and emmet build and fix is also now $25 at bigw and kmart but $20 at amazon.

2. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Just completed stage 2 of 42055.

So far my only gripe is, the stages are way too large/complicated.

I will admit, I had a massive 'oh fuck' moment when I thought I'd put a piece on back to front in the middle of the stage... And if I had to fix that, I probably would've packed it away. lol

It's been a quite challenging build for me (mostly because I'm so sick right now, but bored as fuck). I've just been doing bits and pieces during the day. The entire first stage of the build was doing the dump truck at the top of the table (which was actually really fucking cool!).

Anyway. 7 more stages to go. Will probs try to just tackle a stage or two over the holidays (for the next 10 days).

[​IMG]

3. Radley

Radley Member

It's a long ass build, and quite tedious but I did enjoy it. Except for when I forgot a gear and the lower conveyor didn't work, and I had to pull apart the whole top bit to fix it.

Madengineer likes this.
  4. trop

trop Member

Bombster, holdennutta and Madengineer like this.
  5. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Attached Files:

PabloEscobar, holdennutta and clonex like this.
  6. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

That's fucking amazing Sam! It looks fantastic! And so much detail!

SamBoio likes this.
  7. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Thanks mate! I had fun building it, but man, I'm so low on parts now.

I braved going to the shops on this long weekend, and bought the new Avengers Ultimate Quinjet set. Pretty much only for the figs. I have the Ironman polybag on the way. Now I just need Antman and Warmachine (in the Warmachine buster set), Captain America and Nebula for all the white Avengers. I'll probably buy Cap and Nebula off bricklink as I don't want to buy their sets.

Madengineer likes this.
  8. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Was at a friend's house earlier today, walking to the local park with the kids and passed a house having a garage sale. Ended up buying a 10L tub of Lego (mostly Star Wars) and the best part, was that it came with 5 of those parts that help you get other pieces off

Madengineer likes this.
  9. Witters

Witters Member

Hahaha I just used my teeth when I was a kid before those things.

Madengineer likes this.
  10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I've never really been interested in getting like, the tubs or random pieces.

I've just always bought sets. Maybe I need to be more creative. I've got about 20 of those damn things now though :D

Keep getting them with most sets.

11. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I’m similar.

Much rather build sets than try to use my limited imagination.

Madengineer likes this.
  12. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Is there a word to describe that feeling you get when you're building a Lego set, and you get happy seeing the pieces getting less and less but at the same time, sad that the build is coming to the end?

millen likes this.
  13. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

A fleeting satisfaction. lol

The feeling of being incredibly satisfied that you've built it, but also knowing that the build is ending and the feeling will soon go...

supasaiyan likes this.
  14. Brett

Brett Member

What other tools do people use?
    A pulley wheel or similar on an axle 8 w/ stop makes a good tool for pushing out axles or pins. Pull on the wheel if it's hard to retract.
    A couple of pairs of tweezers can help when applying stickers.
    I also use a chinesium grade hook & pick set for dealing with cabling and pneumatics that fingers have problems reaching.
    I'm half and half, I'll try to make the most of the set they've released. See pics in this thread of sbrick cranes, sbrick Mack & stretched sbrick trailer, studless bulldozer, RC 6x6 tow truck. Also modded 911, RC technic rally car, wheel conversion RC technic extreme adventure.
    I've got a picture somewhere of the parts that didn't fit back into the rough terrain crane after conversion. This'll remind me tomorrow.

15. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I never thought about tweezers for stickers TBH... I'm going to need to look into that.

I HATE doing the stickers :(

16. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

I have my daughter put stickers on if needed. My fingers are far too retarded for that noise.

Picked up the Mustang over the weekend and was a little disheartened/annoyed to see so many stickers in a set that pricey. It does look sweet when put together though. Was THIS close to picking up Steamboat Willie, but the one triple figure purchase was enough! (Get it next week :D)

17. Brett

Brett Member

Forgot to mention have also completed smoothing the top edge of the pop-up book, switched the black hinges for green and have parts coming to give the book a close latch. Sometimes it's the little things.
    [​IMG]
    Possibly a couple of bits that were added and removed again, but probably all that is original 42082 Rough Terrain Crane.
    Hold far edge, align close edge, wiggle if required, lay in a smooth motion. If you mess up, they'll pull off cleanly if you've not released the tweezers.
    They printed parts for the Caterham, why not the Mustang...Frustrating.

18. Radley

Radley Member

Putting stickers on a $400 toy when the parts should be printed is very frustrating.

Madengineer likes this.
  19. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yes!

So many of them!

I’m going to be doing the Bugatti next weekend, and I’m dreading how many stickers it may include.

20. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

There weren't that many stickers on the Mustang though... and they were mostly easy ones to put on.