Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Has this video been posted?

2. Brett

Brett Member

Another package came today, among which were parts for more minor nitpick "fixes".
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Plate changed to tile on the side of the blade, plates changed to tiles and cover more area across the middle of the blade, extra brick in top rear of blade frame to clean it up.

stiben and millen like this.
  3. zeegermans

zeegermans Member

the new star wars set that is coming out in early may; how likely will it be available on the release date at my local Kmart/BigW etc?

4. japes

japes Member

Had to opportunity to rebuild my Space Shuttle Expedition today after someone knocked it off my display shelves.

Had a surprisingly good time with it though, one of my very few remaining kits after I sold it all up.

5. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Should have my Bugatti on Monday - happy birthday to me!

japes - I tend to order online - Rick James Bricks in Victoria has a lot of stuff, with free shipping over $50 - and not that much more expensive than if you spend a few hours hunting stores and driving around looking for a set.

Deftone2k likes this.
  6. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Tantive? I think it's Lego Shop exclusive, not sure if it'll be in retail Lego stores. https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Tantive-IV-75244

7. Radley

Radley Member

I reckon the Tantive IV looks pretty average, especially for a $330 set. I'd rather get the Y wing if I had to get a Star Wars one.

8. zeegermans

zeegermans Member

9. chook

chook Member

Agreed. It isn't even UCS which is disappointing.

10. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

I'll get the Tantive IV - but no rush. Some point when it has a decent sale. It will go great next to my original Blockade Runner (when I build it one day) - under $250 would be a good buy.

I just had another Saturn V arrive ($119 at Target). Already have one, but just couldn't say no at that price.

My current hunt is the 5005256 Marvel bricktober pack to try get those Ironman minifigs to complete the collection. Sadly it was never released here as our TRU had just closed last year.

Check out these new sets coming - some large sets (with big price tags) on the horizon. I'm also loving the new HP sets so I'll get those at some point. From the below - I'm wanting the Mustang, Steam Boat, Liebherr ($$$), Tantive IV and the Tree House.

Stranger Things will be interesting to see what they do there. Great show. If it's a cool basement scene with throwbacks to Demogorgons, board games and D&D I'm in!

21045 LEGO Architecture Trafalgar Square $ 119.99
    21046 LEGO Architecture Empire State Building $ 149.99
    21316 LEGO Ideas Flintstones House $ 99.99
    10265 LEGO Creator Expert Mustang $ 199.99
    70840 LEGO Movie 2 Welcome to Apocalypseburg $ 499.99
    21317 LEGO Ideas Mickey Mouse Steam Boat $ 129.99
    42100 LEGO Technic LEGO Technic Liebherr R9800 Excavator $ 749.99
    75244 LEGO Star Wars Tantive IV $ 329.99
    75810 LEGO Stranger Things $ 349.99
    21318 LEGO Ideas Tree House $ 279.99

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  11. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

^A few of those sets have already been released. Steamboat Willie looks great. Flintstones not so much.

If rumours are true, then the Stranger Things set is going to be the Byers' household. Keen to see the figs that will (presumably) come with it.

12. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Picked up 4 sets of Benny's Space Squad from Myer Ebay at $10.23 a pop (double stack on at the moment)

13. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019...anufacture-of-counterfeit-lego-products-news/

"On Tuesday, April 23rd police raided the Shenzhen plant belonging to the notorious manufacturer of imitation LEGO products. Shanghai police orchestrated the raid, which led to four arrests including the leader of LEPIN’s parent company, Meizhi. According to a post on the Shanghai police’s Weibo account, over 200 million RMB (nearly 30 million USD) of LEPIN products were confiscated. This included more than 630,000 finished sets, 200,000 boxes, 200,000 instruction leaflets and manuals, and over 90 production molds."

14. Radley

Radley Member

Yeah I saw that. Great news!

15. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Does that mean normal LEGO prices will go down? :D

I'm currently toying with the idea of getting the monuments and such (Architecture). Can't decide if it'd be worth it for me.

16. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Stop it Broden! But seriously it’s a cool set I’m tempted to get another in the 'build one collect one' mindset.

17. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

4 of 5 boxes done on my Chiron. Damn fun build, hasn't been tedious as yet. Do like the new (or it seems new to me) red outline on parts added in each step - makes it much easier to find the little fiddly pieces that are added.

Madengineer likes this.
  18. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Need a few iron man figs to complete my set. Anyone have these?

[​IMG]

19. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

about every 2 years i look on ebay for classic space sets. i haven't ever spent a heap of time, but have never stumbled across the kind of thing that i'm after.

is there any go-to place to more easily find 'collector-grade' old sets for sale? i have precisely zero interest in buying an old set where pieces have been chewed on by a child/animal, or logos are worn off, or have yellowed parts, or whatever. or, for that matter, checking ebay every day for months on end to hopefully stumble on something worthwhile.

obviously there's a premium to be paid, but do 'mint' late-70s/80s-era sets come up with any regularity? is there a go-to place other than ebay?

i'm much more about the having/getting than making 'searching' the 'hobby', but perhaps that equation is not viable.

20. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

DarthWindu go to www.bricklink.com and be prepared to buy overseas. Shipping from Europe can be quite reasonable and I’ve bought both old and new sets substantially cheaper than what’s available here. Sellers in general are very communicative and it has a feedback system so dealing with high feedback sellers gives you the best chance of receiving what you want as described. Cheers.

DarthWindu likes this.