1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

2. millen

millen Member

They need to do a transporter for the Speed Champions cars... :p

3. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

25% off Lego at Myer this weekend

millen likes this.
  4. Zee

Zee Member

Just in time for a gift for kid No.1

Z...

5. Brett

Brett Member

I've thought about it since I got 75875 and the possibility to use 75913 as inspiration.

Also...

6. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

That is pretty cool actually seeing a few of those fit. I would love to see if the Caterham fits at the front on the bottom because I have all those sets and it would be a great way to display them all :)

Also big thanks to Cyrax who helped me get the Lego Mustang recently! Lots of purchases lately, might have to actually build something soon :D

7. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Click to view full size!

Anyone know the number of that part please? I'm trying to do an inventory of my bits and pieces on Basebrick and usually a combination of tools or google-fu gets me what I need but this one has me stumped completely. Mine are Trans-orange in colour too. Can't even find a set they appear in to find them (that's usually the easiest way).

Thanks.

8. Falcon

Falcon Member

MonoJoker likes this.
  9. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

10. Falcon

Falcon Member

I recognised it from one of the early xwing sets, so i knew where to start :D

11. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Haha cool. Usually I can either use a magnifying glass to get the number or identify a set from memory and just search the part list. Even just search bricklink by name once you learn the terminology system. But that one had me stumped. Cheers.

12. Brett

Brett Member

Bought a 2nd 42074 Racing Yacht back in the BigW sale, built it as the B model last night so I'd have the pair; think I actually like the B model more than the A.

42099 Xtreme Off-Roader arrived today, built the first section (front motor, diff, steering, suspension) tonight and am happy so far. I've deliberately avoided reviews so far but did see a bit of footage of it climbing vs the old rock crawler.
    The new wheel hub and CVs are great, feel really sturdy.
    The software running the new electronics is a bit fail though, seemed to connect fine, then took multiple attempts to find the hub again, then wouldn't reconnect till it pushed new firmware to it. Coming from the sbrick it was a total letdown, no profile support, no basic test mode. The profile it comes with even has the controls on the wrong sides of the screen...
    The normal motors also functioning as servos was a nice surprise, as long as they can replicate the speed/accuracy of the old one.
    Have started fiddling with gearing already as the climbing looked a bit lacking, stock the reduction is ~2.7:1 but with some tweaks it'll be "easy" to switch between 4.6:1, 7:1 and 12.8:1 (I think?)
    edit: Plus rear locker, of course.

The VIP freebie reversible tote bag is surprisingly nice, thicker and sturdier then I expected.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  13. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

If anyone has been holding off on getting LM2 sets, Target have them for 40% off now. I picked up 70839 Rexcelsior for $149 this morning.

14. killerwombat

killerwombat Member

You must have missed the Rexcelsior for $124 from Amazon last week.

15. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Yeah, but Amazon don't get my $$$ this way and I got it in my hot little hands right away.

but..... dammit.... lol

16. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

That new Hidden Side sets are pretty cool

17. Brett

Brett Member

Built the 42099 body last night, no stickers. Changed the body removal pin and bushes to red for easier ID, playing around with adding wheel rotation indicators.
    Climbs great, been going up stacks of firewood with ease, totally demolished the duplo obstacle courses the kids designed over the weekend. I've seen reports of electrical cut-outs when the motors lock up, but even with the locked rear diff I've had none.
    Going to look at redesigning the rear suspension arms, rocking back and forward over obstacles has had the stock design arms pull out of the connecting pins quite a few times. Will end up using the same arms as the front (yay spares box) but will have to rotate the hubs 90 degrees.

Click to view full size!

Is included in the 20% off sale at BigW, $279.20.

Zee and millen like this.
  18. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I have to move house soon. I have so far put almost all of my unsorted parts into 60L tubs. I've filled 4 of them. Sorting all that at the new place is gonna be fun....... not.
    I have to pack up all my set and moc builds still, and somehow secure my sorted parts drawers and containers. Wife found my stash of unopened sets too.... ooops.

Zee likes this.
  19. trop

trop Member

I'm gunna be moving soon too.

Not looking forward to it as Ive got quite a few big sets on display. Luckily only moving about 15km away so will just loosely cling film each set so I can't loose any pieces and hope for the best transporting them.

SamBoio likes this.
  20. chook

chook Member