1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Nowhere under $250 atm, there was a bricklink seller in Perth with 9 Listed for sale at $199 each but he has since updated his price.

2. Zee

Zee Member

It's fun, if a bit repetitive, but I enjoyed seeing the thing come together each time. It's a model that is worth having two or three of simply to display it together, and its various parts .

Z...

3. aokman

aokman Member

The Saturn V is a beast to assemble, so big! Toy World tend to have stock not listed on their website so that would be your best bet

4. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

you've missed the boat on that one

5. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

6. Brett

Brett Member

I think the pile of shame is going to take a battering over the next few months...
    Finished this last night, at the same scale as the R9800. Bought the instructions from rebrickable, designed by Efferman from Eurobricks, had ~40% of the parts as spares.
    Structurally, this is seriously the most well put together lego model I've ever built. If it came in a box it'd be the most impressive "out of the box" thing I've got.
    Instructions were fine but maybe not for inexperienced builders, had some inconsistencies and stuff that could have been shown better or done better in a different order.
    Already decided I'll change over to LBG wheels with the L350F/rough terrain crane/unimog tyres.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Sbrick controlled, Brickcontroller2 & PS4 controller used.
    2x XL motors for RWD, servo steering, L motor for the tipping LAs.

mad_mic3, daehenoc and stiben like this.
  7. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

That looks great, Brett! Yes, my pile of shame will also get a battering :p

8. Brett

Brett Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    mad_mic3 and Kommandant33 like this.
  9. aokman

aokman Member

Oh god that Liebherr, I was eyeing that the other day! Shame it doesn’t have real pneumatics

10. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

I picked up a used 75192 today, complete with instructions and light my bricks kit for $600. Once I get through a week of sorting pieces it should be quite a build!

daehenoc, Brett and chook like this.
  11. chook

chook Member

Super sweet! Mine is still in the box beside the Star Destroyer, Sand Crawler, Y Wing, and Snow Speeder because I am out of room :(. Need to write some more scripts to do my work for me so that I can build LEGO instead :).

12. Brett

Brett Member

Nah, pneumatics would never lift the arm.
    Was thinking of rebuilding my 42053 Volvo EW160E to try out Aquabrixels to make it hydraulic instead of pneumatic, but then realised it'd be ~$130...per function...

13. Namheul

Namheul Member

14. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Yeah I'm stoked, now i have the awesome "one to build, one to keep" as I secured one early 2019 from ozb for a good price.

Namheul yeah it's cool as. My wife's first car was a Mazda 121 bubble she bought brand new. Ever since she's such a fan of micro cars. The Fiat 500 (modern version) is her favourite. Ours is built and on display too :)

chook likes this.
  15. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Gotta say I like the look of Dom's Charger. I wish Lego would stop trying to mug my wallet!

Dom's Charger, The Lambo, The Fiat....

16. Namheul

Namheul Member

Got a 10265 Mustang on the way too!

17. Brett

Brett Member

Pile of shame continues to shrink, Steamboat Willie and ISS done, have some other new projects lined up too.
    Awaiting on a bricklink order from Thailand...

Click to view full size!

18. Radley

Radley Member

Thinking of selling my bucket wheel, Mack Anthem and rough terrain crane as they just sit there taking up a lot of space. What's the going price for them currently, and do you get more if they are disassembled? I have all the boxes for them.

19. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

I finished 75192 and must say it was underwhelming... I honestly had more fun building and think 7965 is a "better" design. I guess UCS mark II is designed to be able to show off the interior detail easily and that sort of thing but some of the "panel fit" reminds me of a 1990s Commodore :( Granted this one was built by previous owner and pulled apart but still, I had expected maybe some cleverer designs based on what I've seen with sets like Land Rover and the recent Technic stuff. No doubt the sheer scale of the thing is impressive but again, compared to 7965 and 75105 it's not really able to be played with. Certainly looks imposing sitting on a shelf though at nearly a metre long LOL. I got the Light My Bricks kit with it but yet to install. And despite the seller assuring me it was "all there" at least 25 parts were missing including some pretty obvious ones. Most I could scrounge from my spares but a few I'm going to wait on Bricklink order to complete the kit perfectly.

Since I have the mini scale MF as well, I'm toying with the idea of getting hold of a used 75015 and a 7778 and building them all to display together. But then they'll only gather dust so probably won't LOL.

Best places to get an idea of going rates are Bricklink and Facebook Lego For Sale Groups. I usually sell my stuff on Bricklink at the same price as the lowest Australian store seller and shift a fair bit pretty quickly.

As a guide I see only new Bucket Wheels @ $450 on BL and a used one on Ebay for $370pp OBO. Mack Anthem new sealed $225 on BL and the last 2 Mach Anthems sold on Ebay for $160pp. There's a rough terrain crane on BL in Aus for $15pp. Don't forget to factor in around 15% fees if you sell on Ebay and about 6% on Bricklink including Paypal onsite.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  20. Brett

Brett Member

Have been tinkering with my modded Mack Anthem trailer over the past week or so.
    movie
    And by tinkering, I mean I've redesigned and rebuilt everything except the cranes and trailer neck. Chassis has been widened to 7 studs to make more room inside. AAA box, sbrick, 2 L motors for the cranes, 1 M for the landing legs, 1 M for stabiliser legs. Still considering if I should complete filling in the deck.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Also built a twin axle dolly as an easier way to support the nose while working, then added a rear bumper with a ball hitch to the trailer and a draw bar to the dolly so road train is in the near future. Maybe a flat deck for the excess of tractor wheels & tyres I've ended up with?

Radley likes this.