1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Brett

Brett Member

Click to view full size!

Still not totally happy with the rear trailer, step maybe too high? Ended up removing the latch from the dolly and using a small turntable.
    Comes in at 1600mm long, drives fine on smooth floors.

connico and stiben like this.
  2. Radley

Radley Member

Definitely selling my stuff now. Do you guys reckon the following is fair?

Bucket wheel: $350
    Mack Anthem: $200
    All terrain crane: $300

All are built but have the boxes and manuals. I'm keeping my GT3 and Defender though.

3. Brett

Brett Member

Prices are fine, BWE might fetch a little more.

4. Brett

Brett Member

Official pics of the new Technic Sian look great.

Got around to building a 2nd body for one of my 42099s, the Dark Azure from the 6x6 tow truck/rally car/bugatti.

Click to view full size!

Also "fixed" the janky looking too tall step on my 2nd Mack trailer, and by fixed I mean spent hours rebuilding the front of the trailer to be stiffer too.

Click to view full size!

5. Radley

Radley Member

Both look awesome.
    I ended up selling Bucket Wheel, Mack Anthem and the flatbed for $650. Pretty happy and made $100 on them so can't complain. I've rummaged through a few sets and am really surprised how good condition some of the mauals and catalogues are in. I'm going to build set 6278 "questionably racist but still very cool enchanted island" tonight.

How do you clean your old sets that are dusty and crusty? I even found the body of robot 6949 where a spider has mad its home...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  6. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I haven't built any lego in so long :( God it's depressing.

7. stiben

stiben Member

Price for the Lamborghini Sián is up on the store: $570 AUD

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/lamborghini-sian-fkp-37-42115

A lot of money but that's actually better than the 350 GBP price in the UK which converts to $650 AUD.

My dilemma: my young son has a thing for green Lambos they are his absolute favourite. His current toys like that are only of the Hot Wheels variety :)

8. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Rick James Bricks will have for $485 in August apparently

stiben likes this.
  9. Zee

Zee Member

What's that Space Shuttle you have sneakily snuck into the background, there?

I like it, but I really want to know what this obsession is with all the empty space around the headlights with these Technic models. The Chiron seems the only one that is truly right.

Every time I look at the GT3, I feel like I want to get a 3D printer just to make it look like it has actually been completed.

Z...

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    stiben likes this.
  10. chook

chook Member

11. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Hey all, does anyone know who the retailer or retailers will be for the Lego Technic Sian?? Holy dooley, it looks good!

12. chook

chook Member

13. Brett

Brett Member

It'll be here for at least 2 years, it'll end up on sale at BigW for <$400 IMO.
    Got a good price on an almost complete 10213 last weekend, rebuilt it without the landing gear and just waiting on some other bits to neaten it up. Would love to mod the tank but the prices are just too much.
    The other thing there is the Sariel designed servo controlled 3 speed sequential gearbox that's going into a MOC.

14. Zee

Zee Member

10213 huh? Will have to keep an eye out.

Z...

15. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I hope so! It sold out on lego.com this morning by 8am (when I remembered to check the site). I wouldn't be surprised if it's exclusive to Myer or David Jones, boo.

16. chook

chook Member

It is a great model but a little boring to build. Lot's of repetition. Got it for my son a few years ago and he enjoyed it but I think that if he got it now he would find it overly simple in that "I am a teenager and this is too simple for my superior intellect," manner we all had at that age.

17. Zee

Zee Member

It's just a cool model for our space themed coffee shop :) I've got the Saturn V, one of the newer City space shuttle models (I am yet to build) and am going to order the Lunar Lander and the ISS when I get the chance... I've decided to limit my Lego to space stuff and the Technic cars/motorbikes. Otherwise, I'd spend all my money on Lego, and I have too many other hobbies...

Z...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  18. chook

chook Member

Oh yeah, it would be awesome in there. It comes with a launch pad and a little car with some minifigs so would be a nice display in a place with a matching theme.

If you were willing to attack the ISS with The Kragle then it would work well hanging from the roof of the cafe but then you would have to deal with UN inspectors because of the whole WMD thing. Maybe in a cabinet would be a better idea.

19. Zee

Zee Member

Yeah, I think the glass cabinet is more the way to go, though may work out a way to attach that to the ceiling...

Z...

20. Brett

Brett Member

The other option is 10231 which was issued the year after with changes to make it more "playable" after customer feedback. They're pretty close to scale with the Saturn V too.
    Saturn V, lunar lander, ISS, shuttle, Curiosity rover, space rocket ride....yep. It's a display for the kids. Totally. For the kids.
    I didn't think it was too bad, only repetition really is the SRBs?