1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Lego! Do Not Link To Your Sales In This Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by xosfear, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Brett

Brett Member

It's a waste they didn't reuse the H pattern parts, the most impressive part of the whole build. The brick & plate chassis was underwhelming, with the flex and creaking. Touted as the "best technic set ever", or the "last good technic set"...no.
    Thanks. The ramps and drawbar on the Ford are all ajustable, has a bunch of movable stops to suit different styles of trucks it's carrying.
    The Mack is my sbricked RC setup, flex cabled 5th wheel, trailer is also full RC cranes/stabilisers/landing legs, triple axle w/ suspension, 40' container.

Radley likes this.
  2. franny

franny Member

Went to the Jurassic world exhibition at MCEC today, and my 4 year old son was extremely taken with 42121 heavy duty excavator. Given it is a little old for him, I did a lot of the building, but he is really enjoying playing with the functions on it (the two cog controls for the arm movement works very effectively. It isn't an overly complex build, but has enough to keep you going.

Attached Files:

Agg likes this.
  3. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Picked up the NES console kit last week. I'm only part way through the build so far but damn - I have a crazy amount of respect for the person that designed this. Attention to detail is amazing and something as simple as the clever cartridge eject mechanism is just.. impressive.

4. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Awesome! I'm not terribly keen on it, given the premium price for a small piece of kit :upset: But if I can find it for the right price, I will keep your recommendation in mind!

5. QuakeDude

Like anything lego (except star wars), you general pay a price that's aligned roughly to the amount of pieces IMO. The end unit is small but there are still 2600 odd pieces in it. The attention to detail with things like the RCA ports - someone has clearly put alot of effort into make it as accurate as possible.

6. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Staying with the Mario theme, I noticed when in Big W the other day a lot of the Super Mario sets were discounted, some less than half price and the "minifigs" (series 1) are $3 each. It's not everyone's cup of tea but if you got invested in the set with Mario (and he integrates with the NES build too) then it may be of interest:

https://www.bigw.com.au/toys/block-brick-sets/lego/lego-super-mario/c/6822101158/

7. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

8. Brett

Brett Member

In store too.
    Brickhawk

Radley and Gibbon like this.
  9. Radley

Radley Member

Thanks guys. Ordered one and I'll see if I feel like building it. It's been on my radar since it was announced.

Brett and Gibbon like this.
  10. QuakeDude

I just finished it. I think I know where most of the pieces went - the scrolling mario game on the TV! if they wanted to capture the feeling of building something pixel by pixel, they did a good job. A large part of it is built out of small 1 block pieces :eek:

Radley likes this.
  11. whatisk

whatisk Member

Don't look at the just released world map then....

12. Radley

Radley Member

I saw that. 11,000 pieces of... single unit dots

13. kbekus

kbekus Member

I'm sorta tempted by it... I think it might not look bad as chunks of land masses spread across a wall, art style.

14. QuakeDude

Mines currently living next to my PC. I find myself looking at all the details and scrolling the tv screen on a regular basis lol

Attached Files:

Brett likes this.
  15. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Zee and mad_mic3 like this.
  16. Brett

Brett Member

Their fit is terrible, plates that aren't flat, corners that aren't square, that kind of thing. Then it'll be missing ~10% of the parts, when it gets here in ~8-16 weeks. I remember Scott Manley did a youtube video on his experience with it.
    My eventual plan is to get these instructions, redo the parts list and only build the crawler surface upward.

Gibbon likes this.
  17. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Oooh. yeah, I like that. Cheers. I might do something similar. :thumbup:

18. Radley

Radley Member

That's awesome, but needs some serious sets to build it. I sold my bucket wheel last year, and decided against buying the vehicle transport from the op shop for bugger all (not sure why).

I still can't sell my GT3, rough terrarin crane or articulated dump truck. I'm not even asking huge amounts which is weird. It's listed on Aussie FB Lego pages too.

19. QuakeDude

My grail piece is Cave God's MOC UCS AT-AT. When I checked in with him the instructions alone were 90 euro, then the 8000-9000 pieces that I'd have to source through various lego trading sites. I haven't been able to justify it yet in my head.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  20. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

TBH, I'd prefer a completely static version of it - I don't need to have motors/etc in it. Would be a lot cheaper.
    Wish Lego would release one as a companion set to the rereleased Saturn V.

Deftone2k likes this.