Lego mindstorm NXT with java

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by omfgroflz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. omfgroflz

omfgroflz Member

Hi all

I have just started a 2nd year electrical engineering project focused on developing a robot with AI that is curious about its real world surroundings. I have to use the lego mindstorm NXT platform to do it so I was wondering if anyone had some experience in this area and could suggest some good texts to read. Just starting at the basic level really.

Regards,
    Scully

2. inm8

inm8 Member

I made a radar-bot using the NXT & its ultrasonic sensor for a school project two years back. I coded in java and used the LeJOS JVM running on the NXT.

My original idea was to have the robot be able to navigate a room (maybe even a house) and map it and its objects. Sounds similar to what you are want to do! I ended up cutting the project down due to time constraints, but I intend to complete it in full eventually. Good luck with your project and keep us posted :thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. Dedge

Dedge Member

We were introduced to programming with Java on the RCX with LeJOS. We programmed on about 15 different robots, each built for different purposes. Final project was a Forklift that followed a grey path and performed pick-ups and deliveries on queue.