Lego MOCs

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by SamBoio, May 23, 2018.

1. leftarc

leftarc Member

Went to the Brick Expo and came home, thinking stuff it.
    I am going to build the International Space Station to minifig scale.
    Have also discovered stud.io (and lost the ability to sleep!!!) but for 6 hours of mucking around so far Node 1/Unity, US Lab/Destiny and the Airlock.
    20190812 Unity Node 1 and Airlock.JPG

Once I get the design nutted out, the next challenge is to build it!

MonoJoker and holdennutta like this.
  2. leftarc

leftarc Member

Another midnight finish, have added Node 3 and the Cupola. The cupola was tricky, I still might come back to it. 20190814 Unity Node 1, Cupola and Airlock.JPG

SamBoio and holdennutta like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Looks good Leftarc!

I've done a little bit of building recently. I modded the Lego Store set (sorry, I forget the set number) and made it into a proper store.
    16x16 section on the back. The front section is exactly how the set was, but I raised it up so it fits in with my modular buildings and roads, and made a tiled footpath out the front. Added more giant bricks and a giant brick separator on the roof:
    [​IMG]Lego Store Set Mod by Sam Wright, on Flickr
    Inside the new section, on the ground floor I doubled the PAB wall, added registers and a fig display cabinet. I also included rainbow stairs to go to the first floor.
    Upstairs are some Classic Space figs on display with some happy kids. The front section of this floor is the same as how the set was:

Last night, my son built a Cockatiel in the style of the " 'Tiel With It" art:
    [​IMG]My son's latest build: 'Tiel with it by Sam Wright, on Flickr

4. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

So impressed with these. I would love to design some cooler older cameras that arent the common little ones done.. thats a longer term project thought!

5. leftarc

leftarc Member

I realised that I whilst I had the scale right, the sizing was wrong. Did some more playing in stud.io and came up with a better size. The new one is on the left, the old one on the right (with the red and green blocks). Will still do some more planning before diving head first into this rabbit hole!
    ISS Node size comparison.JPG