Let`s rock and Roll!

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by georgehifi, Jun 29, 2001.

1. georgehifi

georgehifi Member

Boy am i glad this forums back, i was getting bored with everything else, you there Ripper, everything`s cooking again!

BTW what happened to your beloved P3V4X forum that had to be the best forum on the net!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2001
  2. Buck

Buck Member

Oh yeah!

Yeah, it's good to see this place up and running again. I went to some other sites while these forums were down, and I just kept shaking my head. These are the sharpest, coolest techies on the planet here.

The P3V4X forum was great, but mine is now relegated to my router, as I have since gone thru a CUSL2-C (now in wifes machine) and my main is a CUV4X-E. It's not as flexible as the P3V4X, but no more slocket worries.

Anyway, it's great to see this place alive again!

3. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Yeah, these are awesome forums!

Whatever happened to DaveH? You there...give us an update!

4. Dave H

Dave H Member

:D PersianImmortal, you just made my day! I got an email from George The Greek telling me that the forum was back up so I came and registered, saw the VIA area and clicked on Georgehifi's thread because he was a familiar "face"!
    Do you have any idea what a heartwarming feeling it is when the first thread you read has a post wanting to know where you are?
    I have been through two abdominal surgeries now and have started physical therapy so I can get built back up before returning to work. I have become very active on the support site for the type of surgery I had, including hosting a weekly chat.
    I have missed this site terribly, though, and was here many times reading posts even when I wasn't posting! I really appreciate all that Agg has done to get it back up so I can get a sufficient computer "fix" again!
    My P3V4X ran flawlessly until a couple weeks ago when I got a bunch of registry errors and only half my memory showed up on the next reboot. All indications are that DIMM slot two is dead, but I haven't taken the mobo out to check further. I ordered a 256 meg stick of Crucial 133 Mhz CAS2 RAM, which seemed to work fine but I have since had more registry errors and only by the grace of God got into Windows today. I have been off-loading data files to the old HP before I do a backup on this one and then really get into it! I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to end up doing a format/reload. Right now I'm running one 128 meg stick of the EMS HSDRAM (my second one also died) and am going to try the Crucial stick again. If you or anyone else has any other ideas about what to try, I'm open!
    I am tickled to death to see the forum up and running again, and you guys on it!
    My best to all,
    Dave H

5. Ripper

Ripper Member

Hello All !!

I'm here !!! Found out the ole forums were up again just recently. GeorgeHifi, DaveH, George the Greek, PI -- it sure is great hearing (umm, seeing) from you guys again. I too miss the old P3V4X forum, but I figure the VIA forum will suffice as it seems all of the old crew is lurking about here. ;)

The P3V4X is running quite nicely w/ a Celeron 600 @ 907MHz and a GF2/MX w/ Win2K. Sucker has NEVER BSOD'ed or locked up on me. This mobo may have been a pain in the @$$ at 1st, but it is purring like a domesticated house cat now!

All this stability is getting quite boring and I'm looking for a new challenge. I may go the AMD processor route. With the Megawatt heat generation, VIA drivers and the 686B southbridge bugs, sounds like it might be fun !! :) The Asus CUSL2 Black Pearl (Intel 815EP) is looking quite attractive as well, if it will support Intel's Tualatin chip.

Wee -- We're gonna be having some fun now that the old crew is back together !!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2001
  6. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Good to see you're doing OK DaveH!
    Just like Ripper I have my system purring nicely:

P3-550e @ 825Mhz 1.65v
    Creative GeForce2 GTS AGP4x 200/360 (12.41)
    Asus P3V4X (1005 BIOS) 4.31 4-in-1s
    128MB PC150 SDRAM @ 150Mhz (2-2-2-5)
    Card Cooler XT cooling

Haven't changed much for a while, but yes I do feel the tug of a new system - and I'm old fashioned so I'm gonna stick with the Pentium4...not sure which mobo yet.

I sure am glad I got the expertise here to rely on when it comes time to upgrade tho :)