Let's join Aorus 1st MMO mouse review competition!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by CXThunder, Dec 24, 2014.

1. japes

japes Member

Says Gaming Mouse on the website, good to see you may know what you're talking about :thumbup:

2. OP
    OP
    CXThunder

CXThunder Member

oops, sorry and I had edited. :)

3. juzz86

juzz86 Member

If this goes as hard as the old Krypton, it should be a good bit of kit. I don't like the writing so much, but as a mouse it's bloody faultless, shape and all.

Looking forward to some of your reviews so I can see whether to pick one up! Still rocking an Osmium too :thumbup:

4. ominae

ominae Member

Hey CX, just wanted to check, did you manage to receive my email with my details? :thumbup:

5. OP
    OP
    CXThunder

CXThunder Member

Yes, and will ship out today. Thanks.

6. wild

wild Member

Mine arrived today, so far I've had a chance to unbox it, take a bunch of photos for the review and give it a quick test - very impressed so far! Will be giving it a run through various games over the next couple of days and should have the review up next week. Thanks again CXThunder :)

7. akromatic

akromatic Member

I received mine too and the packing is really impressive and the mouse itself has a few hidden details that i wish it was better highlighted but hey i think of it as some easter egg

i do however have some software issue where the macro engine isnt detecting the mouse but the mouse is usable softwareless due to its onboard memory

8. wild

wild Member

Yeah, the packaging is definitely a nice touch! Software worked fine for me with Windows 10 Technical Preview, what OS are you running?

9. akromatic

akromatic Member

Windows 8.1

mouse detects fine on my laptop though which also runs windows 8.1.

the funny thing is that the software picks up my keyboard (Aorus K7) but not the mouse so I'm not sure what is conflicting with it.

10. wild

wild Member

That's strange... Maybe try with a different keyboard to rule out a conflict there as the issue?

11. akromatic

akromatic Member

I've use another keyboard as well, the software just refuses to pick up the mouse on this system so im guess its conflicting with another software.

my laptop is a fresh win8 install so there is nothing for it to conflict with.

i'd also managed to get the mouse to spaz out temporally when i unplugged it and replugged it. It would revert to basic mode where the profile switcher and other buttons besides the 3 standard mouse buttons would not respond. It wouldn't fix itself even after replugging it. I only managed to get it back to normal when i plugged it back into my laptop and launched the software

also I've tried it using USB2 and USB3 ports

further testing by passing it though a VM on the computer that had issues detecting the mouse via workstation 10. it behaved identically with the mouse not being detected by the macro engine inside the VM but the keyboard is detected fine so it might be hardware related though I've tried every USB port on this computer.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  12. OP
    OP
    CXThunder

CXThunder Member

That's shouldn't be any conflict while you use m7 & k7. I'm checking with my software guys. Will get back to you by emails for the solution. Cheers.

13. akromatic

akromatic Member

Yeh no problem, just to say this problem is most likely isolated to just me and just this computer as my laptop and tablet which also runs win8.1 detects the mouse fine.

I'll see how CXThunder can help me though emails.

14. ominae

ominae Member

Just an update - I haven't received anything in the mail yet. Hopefully today when I get home I'll see something :) :thumbup:

Edit: Update, got it! Will start using it and report back :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  15. ominae

ominae Member

Hey CXThunder, are we posting our "reviews" in this thread? Just wondering - don't want it to seem as though I've just disappeared with the gear :p

16. wild

wild Member

I'm finishing mine off as we speak, was hoping to have it up a couple of days ago but couldn't test a few games due to waiting for my ADSL connection to change over :(

Will post a link here when I'm done :thumbup:

Edit: looks like CXThunder will be creating a thread for us to post the reviews in, he did the same thing for the keyboard reviews.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  17. OP
    OP
    CXThunder

CXThunder Member

18. OP
    OP
    CXThunder

CXThunder Member

Yes, just created the link: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=16520023#post16520023

19. akromatic

akromatic Member

my review is going to be a bit late, just came back from a long weekend LAN.

i got my photos ready but i need to type the thing out and im just tired