LG 1730s - "Problems"

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Reaper, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Reaper

Reaper Member

Q at bottom, story first.

Ok, so I get this monitor today with the fault that the picture "goes on and off" So I bring it home, plug it into my laptop and fire it up. Sure enough, it flashes off and displays the monitors logo, then returns to the display. It's as though it's putting itself in standby mode.

It does it a few times more randomly, then after a while, it's all good. The monitor stays on, I play a wide variety of games on it, all good.

I then actually turn it off at its power button and go have dinner. I come back and turn it on, and it does the auto sleep/wake up thing a couple more times randomly, then after a bit, rock solid again.

So, my Q is, has anyone had this happen before? And am I right to suspect a signalling fault? Should I suspect a dry joint on the monitor connector within the monitor itself?

2. Cycle86

Cycle86 Member

i found an lg L1750SQ at the dump a few months back it had the same problem straight away i thought it was bad caps, so i open it up and bam 1 swolen cap, so what i did was swap the bad one for a good one (of the same value) that was in the circuit and it worked fine after that but its only a temporary fix, so to answer your question... you have bad capacitors if you google the issue you should find other people that have had the same problem its a pretty easy fix if you can solder

3. OP
    OP
    Reaper

Reaper Member

Hey thanks man. :)

I had it open today too and yea, I know I should have looked at the caps better. Was it on the power board, or the logic board for you?

4. Cycle86

Cycle86 Member

cant remember exactly but i think it was the logic board, there is about 6 caps on there