1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

LG 32GK850G or other monitor?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by ToonarmY, May 3, 2020.

1. ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

About to buy the LG 32GK850G can anyone advise if there is any alternative I should be looking at before buying?

Im looking for:

32" or larger
    None ultra wide
    1440p or higher
    144hz

The reason im looking at this one is because I have been told it offers the best for gaming without smearing or ghosting on a VA panel.

The above specifications on an IPS monitor don't seem to exist.

Thanks

melbnut likes this.
  2. luke o

luke o Member

I ended up buying a LG 32GK650F-B FreeSync not GSync is the main difference otherwise very similar to the 850G. Had it six months, come from DELL IPS, absolutely love it. Play lots of games on a 5700XT, photo editing as well, it's a great screen for the money. One of the few flat ones, I didn't want curved.

3. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Thanks, im not fussed on it being curved or not, I read the G (gysnc) version was the best for not showing smearing. I would have thought the F and G versions were the same with nvidea cards being able to use freesync now but apparently they are slightly different.

Pleased to see you are happy with the F version. Good sign for this one.

The only other one I considered is the Asus XG32VQR but its more expensive and i can't find much in the way of comparison between that and the LG

4. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

I am looking at this at the moment as well and comparing this monitor with the XG32VQR. Having just sold my 34 UWQHD. Looking to finally make the jump to a higher refresh rate.

The only thing I am concerned about is the 5ms response time of the LG, I'm unsure what the Asus is as it doesn't show on the specs?

My UWQHD was 4ms, the LG is 5ms. I am unsure if this is going to introduce any noticeable input lag?

5. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Quite alot of reviews around for the LG 32GK850G, all suggest the G is the best VA panel on the market for gaming. I watched a review which showed the LG to be better than XG32VQR in real-time tests.

The only other panel I can find in 32" 1440p to rival the LG is the Acer XB323U which is an IPS. This would be perfect but its not out yet and expect to be over 800 USD.

Have you found the LG32GK850G anywhere cheap?

6. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Scorptec appear to be around the cheapest, but out of stock until July. I will keep looking!

7. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Few sellers on ebay too

8. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Hey if you are still looking I just ordered this for $658.75 AUD.

Ebay have 15% off some sellers:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/123747018300

Code PBOLT15

$140 less than scorptec

jjjc_93 likes this.
  9. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

I literally ordered one this morning with the same code haha! GG. Looking forward to receiving :)

10. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Nice, hopefully not long until it arrives.

There is a profile on here for colour settings etc if needed too:

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#l

11. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I am very tempted to give this a try for ~$650. I have an ultrawide 34" ips at the moment but iffy support from games pisses me off more than it should and I wouldn't mind taking the contrast ratio of a VA panel for a spin. Hmmm forever indecisive.

12. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

This is meant to be the best VA panel on the market for gaming. If I don't like this then I expect I will never be happy with a VA.

If i had the choice I wanted a 2560x1440p 32" none wide-screen in IPS with a 144hz refresh rate but apparently nothing of that spec exists on the market. So im hoping this ticks all the boxes and lives upto all the high reviews it's received

13. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

IPS in larger sizes also has the issue of bleeding/glowing in the corners which can be annoying, it's something I had to learn to live with on my x34p. The only reason I avoided VA the first time around was from the reports of smearing and ghosting, if this panel minimises that then maybe I'll finally be happy. The slightly lower resolution might enable me to make use of the higher refresh rate too. Just sucks that it seems like it's always a case of picking the lesser of 2 evils when choosing monitors, something I have whinged about to no end :p

In case I haven't made up my mind by the time yours comes, would you mind popping back into the thread and sharing your experience?

14. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Yea no problem. Smearing is the main reason I chose this monitor after alot of searching.

My current monitor which will now be used for work is a VA, AOC Q3279VWF which is absolutely awful for ghosting in dark areas. So I am hoping this one is much better.

Apparently because its the G model and not the F, the gsync chip dramatically improves any smearing.

I guess I'll see when it arrives and pair it up with my 1080ti

jjjc_93 likes this.
  15. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Received mine today, running it OC at 165hz on Faster setting. Have not noticed any ghosting so far, but haven't really been playing the right games for it or watching movies.

Loving the upgrade from 60hz, masssssive difference!

16. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Still waiting on mine, thanks for the update. Sounds like a good upgrade. Looking forward to testing it out

17. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Still waiting on mine. Been sat in the aus post office since Friday 20 minutes from my house. Cries

18. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

There is supposed to be a new IPS Acer XB323U coming soon.

170 hz 1440p 99% Adobe RGB

19. OP
    OP
    ToonarmY

ToonarmY New Member

Yea i heard but expected to be well over $1000

20. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Yeah probably around the 1500 mark. Although 99% adobe rgb monitors are quite rare - good for me as I like the over saturation lol