1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

LG C1/C2/CX/EX series 48" 4k OLED TV/Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by boneburner, Jan 13, 2020.

1. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Nah I sold that whole system a while ago. The budget for this whole build is less than I sold the 3090 for :)

2. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

What is the refresh rate on these LGs - are they suitable for gaming?

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

They are awesome for gaming. 120Hz on these bad boys with a decent video card is incredible.

vladtepes likes this.
  4. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

vladtepes likes this.
  5. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Is 48" the smallest panel size for these? No 43" version?

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Trizae likes this.
  7. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

MR CHILLED likes this.
  8. Trizae

Trizae Member

vladtepes and MR CHILLED like this.
  9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Definitely. I'm eying off a 42" oled for my second monitor because of desk space limitations. Just waiting for it to get to a more reasonable price.

10. neRok

neRok Member

The C1 is last years model, and 48" is the smallest. This years model - C2 - is out now, and there is a 42" model. Being so new, you aren't going to get as good price as you will the C1 (will be over $2k for the 42" or 48").

vladtepes likes this.
  11. Trizae

Trizae Member

vladtepes also just a FYI as you mentioned you're looking around the 40"+ size for desktop computer use as great as these screens are don't forget out of the box their a TV first and foremost with everything else secondary so a few things you maybe fine with or annoy you out of the box if you're doing things than consuming content (fun stuff like gaming/movies etc) which is why they have PC monitor alternatives. As these panels are part of the newer guard starting from the C9 part of the reasons why their as or more expensive than their previous generations is because they know people are using it in both cases so out of the box the C2 is 'built' better for that out of the box.

vladtepes likes this.
  12. rg144

rg144 Member

Shameless post for anyone using/interested: LG ColorControl v6.0.0.0 released

upload_2022-6-21_14-15-19.png

Looks like more nVidia Control Panel [shortcut] key mapping coming in v6

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Trizae likes this.
  13. rg144

rg144 Member

For C1 owners- looks like LG finally sorted out the very slow menu speeds/access to home menu. Much snappier last 2 f/w versions of 03.30.06 and latest 03.33.11. From what I can see:
    - The silly widgets (weather etc) are gone, doubt anyone used or needed them.
    - There's a new "minimum brightness" option under the energy saver menu, although dont use energy saver so greyed out

Some users also reporting less aggressive ABL but I can't verify that, never notice ABL running low brightness.

14. power

power Member

i just want them to fix the fucking audio mode changing, sick of switching from "Game Optimizer" with it's stupid delay.

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Cool, thanks, my tv never seems to notify me of an update despite being net enabled.

Will keep an eye out for aggressive ABL and report back.

16. Phatboy

Phatboy Member

Upgraded 2021 build C1 from 03.30.06 to 03.33.11 and immediately notice a huge speed performance improvement in Home menu load and navigation. lag is now gone!
    I was getting black screen after a few minutes of inactivity even when watching native WebOS apps with PC connected. I turned off all PC power saving features, screen saver and also turned off the LG saver/eco settings and disabled TPC and GSR in OLED service menu and still had the TV go Black on me after about 10-15 mins. Clicking the remote nav down button would wake it back up.

Hopefully this new firmware fixes that bug too! Will report back.

17. rg144

rg144 Member

yep, but they should actually fix both issues here:
    1. A ~150ms delay when sound preset == game optimiser == not on
    2. Sound preset changes on TV restarts.

Delays like this normally due to processing, gawd knows what LG is doing with that Game Optimiser.

Strangely- I remember the sound preset changing when changing input sources, but that seems to have disappeared. Which brings up the only gripe I have with LG- their lack of notes with firmware releases.

upload_2022-6-22_15-42-51.png

No dates either, poor form.

18. Trizae

Trizae Member

If you have an LG series and its connected to a PC as you meantioned go back and leave all the features as stock through the TV and use this app:

https://github.com/Maassoft/ColorControl

if you're still having issues after using it then it could be either a defective panel etc but you'll be able to tell with your C1

rg144 help him

vladtepes likes this.
  19. rg144

rg144 Member

lol :)

Only thing that comes to mind is if he's got a HDMI CEC connected device that's turning off, and as a result turning off the TV (assuming HDMI-CEC is turned on in the TV's HDMI settings, which normally is by default..)

Other than that- no idea :confused:

To confirm its not CEC related, I'd unplug all devices and see if still happening on a native app..

Trizae likes this.
  20. Phatboy

Phatboy Member

yeah already have colorcontrol. use it with a couple hot keys to switch between game mode and movie mode. great app, the fact it can control both TV and NVIDIA modes! nope still turning off after 15 mins with new firmware. now testing with pc unplugged to see if that makes any difference.