1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

LG C1/CX/EX series 48" 4k OLED TV/Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by boneburner, Jan 13, 2020.

1. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Thanks so much for that! Yeah I just called LG and they said they can get someone to come out to repair the TV, just need to run the pixel refresher and then provide all the tv details and receipt etc which is easy as.

Pretty happy actually as I was dreading having to pack the whole thing up...thanks again haha

jjjc_93, Trizae and MR CHILLED like this.
  2. Trizae

Trizae Member

Great outcome btw as Chilled stated just call LG direct their good like that even with setting up when I got my CX in the pandemic never had issues since but their very easy to deal with with that sort of thing

raincloudx likes this.
  3. blublu

blublu Member

For those who are interested in the C1 like myself as my x34 is on it's last legs...

Having missed the 20% off one day JB sale where it was all time low of $1916:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/638495

Spoke to a number of JB stores and none can even come close anymore, guy said it was the first time in 4yrs they held a 20% off sale so it's not gonna be anytime soon to see that again :(

I guess the next time it dips near 2k it'll be time to mash the checkout button... then just claim price protection! :)

Has anyone mounted it on a monitor arm yet? I've got a Colebrook bosson Flo that is rated 9kg weight, holds the x34 and AW38's no issues, but this C1 is 14~kg so I doubt it'll hold?!

Youtuber David Zhang i think used a Ergotron HX, too pricey :(

4. Trizae

Trizae Member

the lowest the c1 was going for was actually $1830 :lol:
    just hold out mate a new deal will come along even worth it in the 2000s once oyou have one though

5. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Ergotron HX is the only desk mount I have seen used with the C1. You could save a lot of money by going to a wall mount if that's an option for you?

6. blublu

blublu Member

Hot daym I won't be able to throw tax money at them fast enough if it comes up again!!!

Every day, i'm jiggling the back of this X34 to get a clear picture, vertical lines all through the panel, loose mainboard to the power supply plug or something... some days it just won't play nice anymore and i think it's time to junk the POS, then i manage to revive and life goes on... COME ON C1 price drop!! I held off ordering the AW38 for this!!!

Trizae likes this.
  7. The Beast

The Beast Member

Given the price of the X34 at launch and the fact it is considered a premium monitor I would think Australian Consumer Law would be support you expecting it to last more than the (5 or 6?) years you have owned it without this kind of failure.

Worth contacting Acer and politely requesting service (for free). I had a 4 year old Samsung plasma TV go bad and did the same thing, Samsung couldn't replace the panel, so they offered me a full refund of the purchase price.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Really? I thought they had 20% tv's on a semi regular basis through the year. Well there you go. Just helps to reinforce my buy choice in time.

When I bought mine the 20% sale was officially finished and they gave me an even better discount than the sale, so I reckon you can absolutely negotiate a price with them. YMMV according to store of course.

That's how I paid for mine :cool:

Trizae likes this.
  9. carver

carver Member

Looks like prices have increased for the C1

48” is now $2595 at JBHifi.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

They'll come back down in price, just have to be patient.

carver likes this.
  11. IPfreely

IPfreely Member

hey guys... I am tossing up between this LG and the new Samsung 49" G9 Neo ultrawide.

Personally, I think I will find the ultrawide better for desktop use... mainly wfh and gaming. I would be able to sit closer to it.
    Having said that, I have an LG 65" OLED in my living room and the HDR PQ is just out of this world. Whenever I game on console in the living room and then compare it to my PC in the bedroom (currently using an Alienware 34"), the difference in PQ is massive, even though the PC is technically running the same game at higher quality gfx settings.

Whats the verdict from those of you who have used this monitor for 6 months +.
    Do you have to resort to tactics like hiding the taskbar and removing all icons from the desktop to deal with burnin?

12. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Had mine since November last year. Just hid the taskbar and switched it off when I left the PC. No burn in so far

The PQ is so good I find it hard to go to another monitor tbh, got a 38” Alienware sitting in the box…

RnR and The Beast like this.
  13. IPfreely

IPfreely Member

That's promising.
    How many hours do you have on it?

I use my PC monitor 8 hours a day .

14. The Beast

The Beast Member

Same, only had mine since March but couldn't be happier. Hiding the task bar and using the auto-off feature makes preventative care a breeze.

raincloudx likes this.
  15. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

788 hrs so far, so probably around 3 hours per day

16. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Just make sure you do a pixel refresh every couple of days..

17. The Beast

The Beast Member

Why? Is there science behind that?

Not saying you're wrong, just want to understand - because I've never done a pixel refresh.

18. shino

shino Member

19. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Not sure the science behind it, but to stop burn in, an LG tech told me to do the pixel refresh as often as possible. My C7 has significant burn in and around 20k of hours on it.. thankfully it's being replaced.

20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!