1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

LG C1/CX series 48" 4k OLED TV/Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by boneburner, Jan 13, 2020.

1. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

I don’t even know what Dolby vision is :)

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

On the fly optimisation of HDR. And no chip needed as long as the processor is powerful enough, firmware update sufficient. More info.

3. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

Thank you sir!!

MR CHILLED likes this.
  4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

5. WallySimmonds

WallySimmonds Member

I'm very tempted to give the 48 a go over my LG 38 wide. Thing is, I've done a 43 back in the day and actually found it too big, but I had a very different desk. I figure if I'm sitting further back it should be ok.

Still, bit of a gamble...

6. super kermit

super kermit Member

• MKJ39170828 New Replaced Remote Control for LG Service Remote CX LCD LED TV DU-27FB32C DU27FB32C Controlller Replacement
      AUD 10.64 - Quantity: 1
      Sold by: CHUNGHOP STORE

• VIVO Steel VESA LCD LED TV Mount Adapter Plate Bracket for Screens 32 to 55 inches, Conversion Kit for VESA up to 400x200mm, MOUNT-AD4X2
      AUD 26.99 - Quantity: 1
      Sold by: V I V O

• Zeskit Maya 8K 48Gbps Certified Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable 23ft CL3 In Wall Rated, 4K120 8K60 eARC HDR HDCP 2.2 2.3 Compatible with Dolby Vision Apple TV 4K Roku Sony LG Samsung Xbox Series X PS4 PS5
      AUD 74.25 - Quantity: 1
      Sold by: Zeskit

7. super kermit

super kermit Member

8. super kermit

super kermit Member

9. super kermit

super kermit Member

10. super kermit

super kermit Member

11. super kermit

super kermit Member

12. super kermit

super kermit Member

Does anyone know of along run 5m or 7m HDMI 8K cable that will do full 4k @ 120hz, HDR, 4:4:4, Dolby Atmos etc. on a 3090 and C1?

13. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

The house move is coming up quickly now so looking at wall mounts to get this puppy installed for the new desk.

Couple of options at vastly different ends of the pricing spectrum.

Kogan low profile mount ($20 with first trial): https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-low-profile-fixed-wall-mount-32-75-tvs/
    Sits 19.5mm off the wall, has side to side movement for centering on the mount, looks like there would be a little height adjustment there too with all the mounting holes.

Vogels slim wall mount ($159+shipping): https://www.amazon.com.au/Vogels-Mount-505-Extra-Bracket/dp/B06XX1XYJQ/
    Sits 15mm off the wall, looks like no wiggle room for height adjustment with that bracket.

I feel like I should just send it on the more expensive mount given the cost of the screen, but any thoughts? Having some wiggle room for height on the bracket without drilling new holes would be nice.

14. Sledge

Sledge Member

I used a similar mount in the lounge room and totally regret it..
    I wish I'd got something better so I can pull the TV out from the wall a little bit too make it easier to get to the connections etc

15. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

This is exclusively for my PC so the cables will be one and done. I grabbed the kogan one and will see how it goes.

16. New Bee

New Bee Member

People who uses these OLED TV as monitors how much time - you spent daily on average?
    I'm thinking of getting one C1 - and with my daily usage - bit worry about burn-in issue that mentioned.
    Planning to replace my LG 43UD which is my daily driver of last ~3yrs for work / browsing/ gaming/ streaming @ 13/14hrs per day/ with connected to my work/desktop/personal laptop at times and pi - when I needed to.

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Won't lie, there is a risk, but I think it's a fairly minimal risk if you institute a few things like the built in pixel/screen shift, which I think is on by default anyways. I haven't heard of any horror stories so quite honestly I think you will be fine for normal use.

New Bee likes this.
  18. uncle_jim

uncle_jim Member

I'm using a 48CX as a daily driver for WFH and gaming in the evening. Similar uptime to you I think. Primary windows open are Outlook, Teams, Excel and Chrome. I run the screen at fairly high brightness as well as my eyesight is shite. I take some steps to mitigate burn-in, such as auto-hiding the taskbar, using dark mode wherever possible, using a plain black wallpaper and some aggressive screensaver settings. There is as Chilled said still a risk but tests like the rtings burn-in test show that it's most likely to occur with static images like TV logos (eg CNN) over a long period, so I think the risk is mitigated enough for me. And also the sheer screen size is phenomenal for spreadsheeting.

New Bee and MR CHILLED like this.
  19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ok a little late to the party but it's done, purchased a 48" C1. Rang one TGG's store and they said the $2,076 (20% off price) had expired yesterday so best they could do was $2,350.

Thought I'd ring another store and see what they could do. They had one left, and could do it today if I picked it up for $2,000 flat. I couldn't say "SOLD!" quick enough :leet:

PiNoY, Trizae, boneburner and 3 others like this.
  20. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

That's a great price! Enjoy it!

MR CHILLED likes this.