LG C1/CX series 48" 4k OLED TV/Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by boneburner, Jan 13, 2020.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well all set up now. Probably need to tweak a few more settings but it's mostly there now. It does come very bright by default so had to turn that down. I don't need to convince you guys, awesome awesome screen and that's with a short bit of gaming just to test it out. 120Hz is sooooo zippy too. Still my older 40" Philips sitting on the left which makes me want two 48" oled's now :p

Everything else is just amazing. It's been a long wait but super happy.....it's worth every cent :thumbup:

20210716_123206.jpg

20210716_131448.jpg

Trizae and Sledge like this.
  2. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Looks like a fantastic setup, enjoy the gaming :D :D

MR CHILLED likes this.
  3. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

As someone that used to have the same Philips 42" monitor and is now using a 38" ultrawide + 32" 4k, I'm curious as to how you find the 48" vs 42" in terms of size, head movement, practicaility for every day use etc?

4. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Damn I just noticed my CX has a dead pixel, time to call JB I guess?

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Will have to take this question on notice after I've played with it for a bit of time. When you say 42" you mean 43" Philips yes? I have the 40" Philips and also the 43" Philips.....gf will probably get the 40" as I'm running out of desk space :p

But there definitely will be some head movement, that won't concern me too much as I've been using the 40/43" setup for a while now and now neck issues.

6. power

power Member

stage one of my plan is complete after finding the perfect stand thing for my PC during the week, I can smell the OLEDs coming.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I was quite amazed at the variance between stores. On my call to the second store I kept mentioning the 20% off the previous day and would be very happy with that, which would have brought it down to $2,076, but I also mentioned I really didn't want to go above $2,000. He said then that "How about a flat $2,000?" and I took it straight away. He put in his notes that it was just a Harvey Norman price match, not true of course but he said it kept him out of trouble. Want to send a thank you to the store for this guy, but don't want to risk them looking into it.

8. sickbunny

sickbunny Member

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

10. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Fuck me I can't believe the price keeps falling. I could have easily waited a few weeks :rolleyes:

11. sickbunny

sickbunny Member

Haha i feel the same way, i jumped in at $2300 a while ago. great monitor so worth it.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  12. mojododo

mojododo Member

Wow, and thats the new one too!

13. Sledge

Sledge Member

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Dropping like a lead balloon :p If you ever get pissed at price drops then you should never buy anything again, it's just a part of the game, sometimes it just happens sooner than you think.

15. New Bee

New Bee Member

16. Trizae

Trizae Member

Congrats on finally taking the plunge! And for those on the fence it seems Jb hifi has 20% off tv's until midnight tonight which would make some of the LG series

RnR, MR CHILLED and jjjc_93 like this.
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just wanted it for my price not theirs :p

Playing Doom Eternal tonight was just incredible.....so immersive.

Trizae and jjjc_93 like this.
  18. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Doom Eternal is glorious indeed. I have played this game in many different configs now. 34" ultrawide 120hz IPS, 34" ultrawide 144hz VA, 27" 240hz VA, and now 48" 120hz oled. Of course my favourite has been with HDR enabled on the oled, a whole new experience entirely. I still think I would like a slightly smaller version of this screen, but it has been far from the downfall I was scared it would be.

Downloading RDR2 at the moment, I have only played that game on a basic hisense TV and a PS4Pro so something tells me I am in for a treat there too.

Question though, has anybody had a go at enabling black frame insertion / oled motion pro? As far as I can tell if vrr/freesync is disabled it should work but it stays grayed out in my menu. Not a big deal but it would be nice to try with games that run at a fixed 120 like Doom does.

19. maxrig

maxrig Member

20. The Beast

The Beast Member

Trizae likes this.