LG C1/CX series 48" 4k OLED TV/Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by boneburner, Jan 13, 2020.

1. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Basic summary: Worth a consideration if you have the space and primarily use your PC for gaming and content creation. Said it's a no go for a general use monitor due to size, subpixel layout, burn in risk, and lack of brightness. Nothing comes close for response times and hdr in the lcd monitor market.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Pretty decent review, and can reiterate how incredible the response times are at 120Hz. Absolutely without a doubt the fastest display I've ever used. Such a pleasure to have windows going lightning fast.

Only annoying "feature" for me so far is auto dimming, which cuts in and out with some changes in desktop windows. Just have to remember though that it's primarily a TV. Not a deal breaker for me, I'll get used to it over time.

3. Trizae

Trizae Member

All that stuff like auto dimming etc can be adjusted I run my main pc with it plus ps5nintendo swiss cheese etc but you can change them depending on your pc or settings most likely hgig settings etc

I'm a bit indosposed atm but i'll send some links and go through some settings if you don't figure out it out also type in CX/C1 gaming/PC settings by Vincefrom HDTVTEST evil boris rttings etc good luck:)

MR CHILLED likes this.
  4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I know Vincent recommends Hgig setting. I spent quite a bit of time last night researching and auto dimming can't be turned off without going into service level menu's which I really don't want to screw around with due to warranty. The brightness settings can be tweaked a little to minimise the brightness shift difference, but I think basically that's all you can do.

In regards to hgig:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/comments/mbpiwy/lg_oled_gamingpc_monitor_recommended_settings/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Trizae likes this.
  5. maxrig

maxrig Member

It did bother me when I first use an oled panel but you'll get use to it eventually.

LG are pretty awesome with burnt-in warranties. I had an old B6 panel for 3 yrs that had a small burn-in mark after 6k or 7k hrs usage ( can't remember lol) and they honor the warranties without any resistances. A word of advices for new Oled owner's , burnt-in is a real thing with Oled panels i.e you'll need to change your habit when using an OLED panel Vs LCD.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yah, already am after even short period of use.

I just fear if they ever were to get a wiff that usb user level system settings had been accessed and modified then it may be an issue for them. I've already had two oled screens (C7 and C9 used as TV's) replaced under warranty (vertical line issues) and to my knowledge they never checked service level menu so yeah probably not much of a concern, however I'd just like to stay on the up and up. Auto dimming is a minor inconvenience that I can live with :)

As for burn in you're right it will require a little changing of habits. I've revised screen saver down to a few minutes now, I've also enabled auto hiding of the task bar, which I hate doing but again it's something that I can live with. I want to be over cautious rather than under cautious as this could be a screen I keep for 5 years or even longer, depending of course on what pops up technology wise.

Sorry, missed your post earlier. I normally go straight to LG. In the past they've set local service people out to resolve issues. Not sure how their warranty stuff goes with dead pixels.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  7. maxrig

maxrig Member

Also it's a good idea to do the "clear panel noise" regularly especially after a long session of gaming or browsing the interweb. I was told by the technician that replace my burn-in panel at the time and it should help to mitigate the burn-in issues and he's probably right since my b6 OLED is approaching 15k hours usage and it's as good as new. touchwood :)

MR CHILLED likes this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

How often are you doing this?

9. maxrig

maxrig Member

It depends on how heavy my usage for the day but pretty much every 1 or 2 days just before I go to bed. The process takes around 1hr uninterrupted.

10. Trizae

Trizae Member

On the CX/C1 it should be set or make sure its set mine does itwhen its completely off and not in use semi regularly doesn't hurt to check I think 'clear panel noice' was to older oleds though

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Haven't been able to find anything yet in my searching but any way yet to have the tv turn on/off automatically when the pc shuts down/turns on? Would this work through HDMI ARC?

12. power

power Member

so yesterday this happened.

upload_2021-7-19_18-23-56.png

raincloudx, Trizae and jjjc_93 like this.
  13. TheImp

TheImp Member

Noice! I missed the good price it seems :(

14. power

power Member

when she dipped under $2k i was all in - got it for $1900 flat. I believe this wasn't even the best price it fell to.

15. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

Yeah i would have grabbed one if i had found out in time.
    Wish these sales would last more than 24 hours. :(

16. Trizae

Trizae Member

yeah posted about it on sat she dipped to $1830 for the C1 for those looking

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Guys, looks like they are doing plenty of sales right now, even if they are quick. I thought I'd missed out too but another sale came up the very same day.

I'll keep an eye out and post back any new sales in this thread. I'm sure more sales will be coming up soon.

18. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Man $18-1900 is a ridiculous kick ass price for these when the likes of Gigabyte and Asus are charging 1.7-2k+ for their 43" VA panels which don't sit in the same league (imo). I paid a fair chunk more for my C1 thinking they wouldn't drop much more but no ragrets, I love it. Hopefully I can get it wall mounted this weekend and get into some RDR2.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  19. rireland

rireland Member

Keep an eye on Jb/good guys as they seem to be able to offer the best pricing.

20. power

power Member

mine was from GG, don't forget JB owns GG too.