1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO (2021/22) Could this case be "THE ONE" ?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by boneburner, Dec 26, 2021.

1. boneburner

boneburner Member

It's finally released, the Lian Li Dynamic Evo. Could this case be "THE ONE" ?

Intended to be the last word in a customizable layout case - for those where the bog standard default just wont cut it.

Reviews will be coming thick & fast in the next few weeks - as Lian Li ran a small competition for modders, the prize being a copy of the Dynamic Evo for them to build in & review.

Reviews: & will add more reviews as they come in.

@TechPowerUp

@GearSeekers

@KitGuru

Pre-orders are up from only 1 major outlet here in Oz atm - but this will quickly expand in the next few weeks. PCCG has it listed as available 21-1-22

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    raincloudx and Kommandant33 like this.
  2. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

3. Sledge

Sledge Member

Very interested in this case.. kind of want to mount GPU in front of mobo (upright), but then I need to get mesh front..
    Ends up being twice the price i think to do that?

Will probably just end up doing vertical mount

4. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Why do you need the front mesh if using the upright GPU kit?

I've got one on pre order but waiting to see some builds before I decide what I want to do with it.

5. Sledge

Sledge Member

Because it blocks the air intake so you have to open up the front.
    I think they said that in the second video up top if its the one I watched...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  6. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

I only just built in an 011 Dynamic, but will be swapping it all out as soon as the Evo is available here in Sydney. I love the Dynamic (came from a Caselabs) and prefer the aesthetic and simple design. I love the Evo for its rear fan slot and internals.

boneburner likes this.
  7. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Interested in this case if I can fit my 3x360 rads in and utilise the front mesh with some intake fans. Currently I run my o11 xl without the glass panels in an open air config because it chokes for airflow with all intake/exhaust options fitted with a radiator. Works extremely well without the glass panels though as you'd expect. I would love if they took it a step further and gave us a mesh side panel too for an oversize meshlicious type setup.

Will need to fit my 3090 strix in a horizontal config also, it's ~160mm tall which doesnt work for the regular o11d.

8. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

This case nearly does enough for me to lure me back to a bigger form factor case

Two thick as 360 rads with the upright GPU mounting, just wish they had a longer riser cable so that it could be routed behind the mb instead of putting the guts on display

9. OP
    OP
    boneburner

boneburner Member

I have to say. there's almost no way to make those ribbon cables looks sexy & remain within spec. Also having said that, i'm looking forward to seeing solutions that somehow manage it - modders rule!

10. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

This is my first time back on Air (graphics card). The CPU has an AiO. Even with the 3080Ti under clocked, the case (O-11 Dynamic - NON EVO) got VERY warm last night. In fact the graphics card also got VERY warm. The only fans in the case are on the AiO.

Going to take the glass side of this evening and see how it goes. The glass looks fantastic, but I expect that this case is really for water cooled loops with lower, upper and side rads/fans.

As soon as Scorptec has the EVO available will get it, front mesh kit and some more fans. Will change the AiO to the top, 3 fans at the front and 1 fan at the rear. Hopefully that will help.

11. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I am absolutely not surprised it is hotboxing your pc if the only fans in it are on your aio.

Try using 3 bottom fans for intake and the aio as exhaust at the least. The o11 is actually bad for airflow when you stack it full of radiators, you should have an easier time getting it to breathe with free intake spaces.

BelowAverageIQ likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    boneburner

boneburner Member

As ive discovered, the best orientation of an aio in the 011 is on the vertical side as intake (hoses at top) so its always drawing cool air.

I originally had it mounted in the case ceiling - but the excess heat from the gpu ALSO being drawn thru the radiator was not a great combo. Add some fans in the case bottom & you should be fine.

BelowAverageIQ likes this.
  13. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

GGF did use the longer thermaltake riser (600mm vs LL's 380mm) but one of those things that's hard to find anything concrete on performance impacts.

But picturing a shroud/cover to hide the riser.... hmmm

14. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

My AiO is vertical with the hoses at the top. I thought the fans (RGB, yes I know) where drawing the hot air out, not cool air in. It is a gigabyte 360 AiO with RGB fans which show a triangle on the side with the apex or tip of the triangle pointing towards the PSU side of the case............ like this >|

It feels like the air is being drawn out of the case.

Only other fans are on the GTX3080Ti

I was thinking of grabbing the Evo on release here in Oz and putting the AiO on the top, 3 fans at the front and 3 fans on the bottom under the graphics card.

Cheers

15. OP
    OP
    boneburner

boneburner Member

Not quite sure i understand... are you saying you are feeling warm air come OUT of the side panel that is supposed to act as a cool air intake? - if so, your fans are facing the wrong way - if you can see their ugly backsides (like in my pic) then they are drawing cool air in thru the radiator.

The general consensus is that the heat generated from the cpu via the radiator to the case is negligible - the flow from the extra bottom mounted air fans adding cool air directly to the gpu makes up for that. This is why if I only had an aio & 3 extra fans, i'd place ONE under the gpu, pulling cool air IN directed at the center of my graphics card - and TWO at the top rear of the case. This *should* keep the balance of intake, pressure, flow & natural convection all working in harmony. (i think this was covered in the Gamers Nexus review?)

This is also why your idea, much like the original layout of mine in that pic, is not the best idea for the new case - as it ADDS the heat of the gpu to the cpu cooler. Yes yes I know - a TON of case photos will show the aio mounted in the roof of the case - but its not the best solution for most builds - and certainly not for yours, as the 3080's run HOT

:thumbup:

16. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

Thanks Boneburner. I can see the front of the fans and RGB, they are drawing air from inside the case and pushing it out the side. At the moment, I have no fans on the bottom of the case or the top. I took the glass panel off the case today. It made a 24 degree difference to GPU temps under load.

My options are:

1. Buy 3 fans for bottom of case and 3 fans for top of the case. 3 at the bottom drawing air in and 3 at top exhausting........

2. Wait for the Evo and have AiO at the top, 3 fans at the front and 1 fan at the rear.

3. Buy a Corsair 5000D Airflow and do the same, but it would appear a little bit less room to do so. I am a bit over Corsair products though. Plus would mean having to sell the Dynamic.

I might buy the fans tomorrow and put in the Dynamic tomorrow and see how it goes first.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

P.S. I really appreciate the feedback and assistance. Thank you.

17. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Just add 3 fans for intake to the bottom of your case man, it will help a lot. The gpu fans are not enough to pull fresh air through the bottom vents and it is roasting in its own heat.

18. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

Thanks mate. Just ordered some fans. Will see how the case goes with the extra fans. if it works, then all well and good (I expect it will). If not, will look at the EVO. Either way I can use the new fans in the EVO or AiO as well.

Will let you know.

Cheers

jjjc_93 likes this.
  19. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

If you are going the 5000d route get the 7000d instead, it's just a 5000d on steroids. I've got one on the way

20. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

I put three fans at the bottom of the case. The AiO is on the side, but drawing air from inside the case, not the best. I could only fit 2 fans up the top, as 3 fans fouled the tubes coming from the AiO. Sigh.

Will see how it goes. I hate it not being symetrical. My options are:

1. Leave it, 3 fans at bottom drawing cold air in, 3 fans on side drawing hot air out though the AiO and 2 fans up top drawing hot air out.

2. Get the Evo or the Dysnamic XL which has more room for the AiO tubing.

3. Rotate the AiO to the top and have the fans down the side and 3 fans at the bottom.

I have to go into the bios and set the fans to PWM so the case fans can be controlled with and sync with the AiO. I purchased the Lian Li AL120 fan kits, so at the moment the Lian Li software is controlling the fans at a static RPM.

I might buy another two or three Lian Li Al120 fans and replace the AiO (gigabyte) fans so they all match........

Sorry for the thread drift.

Cheers