1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO (2021/22) Could this case be "THE ONE" ?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by boneburner, Dec 26, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    boneburner

boneburner Member

You are still operating on negative pressure - you want positive pressure ie: more air being drawn in than being pushed out - and you're still overtaxing the aio by unnecessarily adding heat to it. Seriously, try it the way that has been suggested - flip the fans over (so u see their ugly backsides - which is why lian li make fans that look slick on both sides) and drawn air IN thru the side panel & radiator. this will cause POSITIVE pressure ie: now air WANTS to escape.

So now you have 6 fans pulling room temp air in in an orderly fashion & *kind of* 5 fans (yes im *kind of* counting the gpu fans) exhausting the air that naturally WANTS to escape, & the gpu & ceiling fans are basically giant road signs to the air saying "this lane open, no speed limit, no toll" natural convection & positive pressure will do the rest.

So unless there is a specific reason you can explain why you need a negative pressure case setup - pls just try flipping those aio fans over.

If anyone else thinks im giving bad advice, pls feel free to chime in.

2. diji

diji New Member

Going to be changing up my case for the first time since 2009 (from a Lian Li Armorsuit PC-50!). Given how long I've kept the case I figure I might as well get something fancy for the next one too, so this is on my radar. It does surprise me that the majority of the case is made of steel, though. Times have changed I guess. Would've liked to see an optimised air cooling config from the GN vid since I can't be bothered with water.

3. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I thought he only had 6 fans (aio + bottom intake) to work with which is why I suggested the config I did. In a gaming system cpu thermals are secondary to GPU so I would always sacrifice air temp through the cpu aio before compromising flow to the gpu. In the case where he has an additional 2 fans to work with I agree with your thoughts. Air will get out wherever it can on an 011, there's plenty of vents. The fans on modern gpu designs tend to just throw air around the case rather than help exhaust it though.

Either way is probably fine though. His issue before was he had 0 intake from case fans and the gpu had no chance of drawing air in by itself.

4. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

5. jekel

jekel Member

I was watching one of the youtube vids yesterday, crazy how you can fix 3x360 EK XE rads in there and I like the fact horizontal mounted waterblocked gpus should now fit (my 011D can only fit my 3080TI waterblocked with a vert mount, while it looks nice I don't like the idea of vert mounts as just another thing that can fail).

Not sure I need to upgrade though......hhmm

6. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Do it lol, I'm just waiting for Scorptec to get them in so I can use the OCAU discount...

Having said that I hope the case is a bit more solid, recently received a <$100 Jonsbo case and it was lighter yet more rigid than my recent lian li cases...

jjjc_93, jekel and Kommandant33 like this.
  7. groovetek

groovetek Member

I'm sure most of you have seen this. GGF Events really is top notch.

boneburner likes this.
  8. jekel

jekel Member

Nice. PC hobby is terrible I always think ah done happy with my build and then see something else. Before the last 2 years I'd kinda lost interest for awhile and used my pc before then till the overclocked cpu died one day but the upgrade habit is definitely back.

It must have been when I was out of pc's but kinda wish you could still buy a Caselabs S8 new, that looks kinda fun to make a build in but since you can't I may cave and get a Evo and add back in a 3rd radiator........just because......lol........

9. Will S

Will S Member

The problem is delivery dates keep getting delayed. If you had common sense you would sit back and wait and see if they have special "distro plates"

10. jekel

jekel Member

While I like distro plates I like my dual d5 more which is not case specific so dont think I'd ever buy a distro personally.

No hurry on my side more excited for the 12900ks and amd update to drop....might upgrade.....

11. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Pretty sure in one of the GGF vids, he said he was expecting the standard o11 distro plates to fit anyway

12. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

Well, I moved out of my O11 Dynamic. Already sold and on its way to the new owner.

I decided not to wait for the Evo. Being only slightly larger than the dynamic and features that I dont really need (reverse etc.) I decided last night to get the XL.

Received it today and build is all up and running again. My first white case. I was nervous about going white, but wanted a change from all of the black cases I have had over the years.

It looks better in real life. I kept my black Lian-Li AL120 fans and Gigabyte AiO. Swapped the Gigabyte fans out for LIan-Li, reversed the fans so drawing air from the side mount.

Now have 3 fans at bottom drawing cool air in plus the AiO.

3 fans up top drawing the hot air out and the single rear fan exhausting as well.

It has so much room to work with. An absolute pleasure of a case. I can only expect that the Evo will be even better.

It has already dropped my CPU and GPU temps down at least 10-15 degrees! Very happy.

The LIan-Li AL120 fans are stunning. The cable management is incredible with the interlock idea. Lian-Li has REALLY got a winner with that fan design.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions, idea's and assistance. I really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    boneburner likes this.
  13. Will S

Will S Member

The thing I didnt like about the XL was the reduced space at the top for water-cooling and the original wouldnt fit my GPU ( outlets stick out a fraction too far ) . I am going white for the first time with red and went for the SL lian li fans as I only wanted the edges RGB

Have to say your build looks 99% neat ( only thing is the horrible little cables on the bottom which I am hoping to hide with a radiator

and I will be either putting my 2nd backup in the XL or selling the original with a full water cooling loop but that will be next month

14. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I really wish they would offer a mesh side panel too so you can replace all the tempered glass. It would be like an oversized nr200 or m1, could even have fan rails to side mount an extra rad like they do.

I would have ordered it already if that was an option.

15. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

I agree. It would be nice if they had a blanking plate you could put over it. They have removable blanking plates which I removed to put the AiO where it is. If I really wanted to, could mod something, but happy for now.

I agree, it is one thing I REALLY like about the soon to be available Evo. I definitely would have bought the front mesh panel, if I got the Evo. Would prefer an ALL white case as well, the front on this is brushed silver aluminium, which is ok, but would have preferred if it was white. Overall I am very happy with it.

I am 49 and have an RGB look at them moment. Wife thinks it is childish. First time I have ever enabled RGB (rainbow) on any of my systems/peripherals.............. :Paranoid:

16. Will S

Will S Member

I guess a nice black label on the glass could do the job....when I build my one I wont have front audio plugged in because I never use it, may even remove the removeable USB/audio panel from the case

But with that case you could switch to a whitish blue and it would look great.........

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  17. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

I did try the white LED and it does look fantastic. I did read somewhere that having pure white will send the fans to an early grave LED wise.

Speaking of fans, two have developed a ticking or clicking noise when above 1000rpm. Both fans are laying horizontal, one at the top as exhaust and one at the bottom as inlet. As soon as the fans are mounted vertical, it stops. Not sure what to do, I managed to swap one out for the rear fan, but other is still doing it. Hopefully the others dont follow.

They are NOT cheap at $45 each. Will attempt a RMA with Scorptec, but I cant see how they will test to confirm. Sigh.

One 'bonus' of them is that modularity and single power connector. So easy to remove that and then the fan(s). I wonder if there is a design problem. Read on Lian Li reddit page from a Lian Li rep that the 140 size fans have been delayed due to "re-design".

18. Will S

Will S Member

Maybe a darker white/blueish tinge .... the good thing is you can try whatever you like :)

Hoping my fans don't have that problem but they are only rgb around the edges which means sfa in terms of clicking

19. OP
    OP
    boneburner

boneburner Member

Some lovely looking builds are starting to appear PLUS the case is now available at multiple retailers - time for someone to hit up our sponsor for a deal?... :D

[​IMG] :shock: :thumbup:

20. Will S

Will S Member

I assume that is a FLT360...bugger, I ordered the 240 as wasn't sure if I would have room for my radiators

That build is nice and the tube layout is roughly what I am after