Lian Li T60 build.

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by vicelore, Sep 14, 2011.

1. vicelore

vicelore Member

hey guys.

Well as mentioned above iv started building a new setup for my existing PC.

Im using the Lian Li T60..

Iv assembled the case and am in the process of planning / purchasing the WC parts.

I currently have a setup in my current case but am replacing nearly everything.. Keeping the D5 pump..

My plans where to have a 5.2 inch resovor in one of the CD rom openings, And a Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 XT in the other spare CD from opening ( i dont want a optical drive).

My thaughts where that this would fit nicley.. But iv come across a problem.

I was thinking i will have problems mounting the Res under the Mobo..

I was going to hvae the D5 mounted under the res, In place of the 3.5 inch HDD`s.. As im only going to run a 2.5 SSD.

Let me know what you guys think of my thaughts so far..

Oh and im thinking either a 360 or 480 rad mounted on a ST radbox screwed to the left hand side panel pointing vertical.

Cheers Vice.

For anyone wondering what this looks like..

[​IMG]

2. Copie

Copie Member

Have you ordered/got it already? because you can get a dimastech for similar dosh and they are specifically built to open case WC'ing.

3. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

Havent baught anything yet.. except the case.

Googling dimastech now..

:)

4. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

So most the dimastech watercooling stuff looked simular to what iv got planned..

Where you talking about avoiding the T60 all together ?

BTW. Im not a massive OCer.. This rig will be carried to LAN`s and OC`d once or twice through out its life.

I picked the case due to its simplicity and size.. Plus i love the look.

Cheers Vice.

5. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

i got all excited when this first came out and tried to buy one....
    but thankfully no one had stock yet.
    i am glad now as i am not hugely impressed, and i am a massive LiLi fanboi so that's hard for me to say... :D

it has ZERO actual features
    i have a spare LiLi mobo tray and i can drop it on top of an ODD bay and a psu in about 5 secs and would have a t60..
    if your going to wc on it rather than just bench test hw
    def +1 having a look at the dimastech and the banchetto to see what i mean by features :thumbup:

also i hate grammar nazis and hate to be one..
    but this shits annoying... :p

6. Copie

Copie Member

Dimastech is around the same footprint size IIRC, its just a little more WC friendly, given everything is already built in (rad stands etc)

Regardless any open case is bad for LAN's, hardware can get damaged in transit, and most big LAN's dont have enough desk space for a case like that, and it would need to sit on the floor.

7. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

Nothing but hate for the T60... :(

I only lan at a mates with a group of 6 of us.. Its got space on the desk for it.. The case itself has a very small footprint compared to my current case.

Also has a big handle on the top so makes it very handy if you ask me..

And as stated i allready have the case.. So any other case options are out for me.

My main concern was the WCing aspect.. I know if dosent have pre drilled mounting points.. But thats nothing a drill wont fix.. I also have no worries about operating one :)

As for the spelling.. Yea i work in IT so im used to speel check taking care of it.. Not really an issue for me.

Cheers Guys.. Im sure ill sway some people on the Case by the time im done with it..

Vice

8. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

i did like it at first..
    was ringing auspcmarket for weeks hassling them about it..
    then read a few reviews and saw a few builds and was a bit meh..

but def keen to see what you can do with it :D

GL :thumbup:

9. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

I am interested in you guys opinion on having a res lower than the Mobo/CPU block and rad.. the pump will be lower than the res.

Cheers Vice

10. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

i dont see a problem
    my res/pump is the lowest part in my main loop :thumbup:

11. leithals

leithals Member

will be fine as long as the res is feeding water to (higher than) the pump, and that's only really for priming.

12. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

I was actually now looking at putting one of the EK spinning rez`s on the bottom of the case with the pump mounted on top.. If this will only effect priming that im ok with laying it down on its back the first time i prime..

Is it ok to run a circut with no air in it at all ??

My current one has a lot of space at the top of the res free.

Cheers Vice

13. leithals

leithals Member

That will be no problem, although I always leave a liitle air space at the top of the res as the water "expands" (not sure what the technical explanation is) when pump is switched off. Could leak if there's no room for it.

14. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

So iv nearly completed my T60 build.. Time to post up some progress pics..

So As im waiting for the 2011 socket boards to arrive before i upgrade components, Im using my current rigs working for the mean time.

So my first step was to get my stuff out my old PC and into the new box, So i could see how everythings going to fit.

This didnt come without its problems as the water cooling system in my old box had been in for 3 years and had been leaking slightly around the pump area..

Me trashing our lounge room.

[​IMG]

My Makeshift setup to see how this case will fit my gear.

[​IMG]

Then i ordered in some new stuff for the new loop.

[​IMG]

Went about draining all the gear and re assembling.

[​IMG]

Then onto the rad mount..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to find the perfect screws to fit into 2 existing holes currently inhabited by some thumb screws. I also had to cut a small hole in the radbox for another thumb screw that didnt line up..

Then onto assembling the Res.. I went with a EK multioption advanced in the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldnt mount it yet as I didnt have a drill at my new house.. SO thats will happen tonight..

Then i went about the pump..

Decided on mounting it on its side as this seemed the way to achive the best flow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally last night i went about mounting the Aqua Computer controller..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So tongiht ill get into drilling holes to mount the Res.. Rig up the tubing and wiring and she will be good to go..

Ill post up some completed Pics for those of you interested.

Cheers Vice.

15. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

Soo finished off most the case over the weekend with only a few wiring jobs left.. Heres where its up to now.

First off i went about drilling some holes to mount the res. 2 simple holes did the trick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then i went about the tubing :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the magic moment.. Time to fill it up and test...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had a little scary moment this morning where the level in the res dropped a goo inch , But after inspection i hadnt lost a drop of fluid so im assuming i had a big air bubble at the top of the Rad that has now moved..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Vice.

16. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

Cant believe there has been no comments on what i thought was an interesting case..

Vice.

17. mehkat

mehkat (Banned or Deleted)

:) give us a chance dude!
    Looks really good, I have been following the thread... didn't notice the big update though. Nice to see a build come together so quickly. Any plans to sleeve the cables?

18. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

Lol.. I wasnt upset just sad for the poor T60..

:)

I have been looking into the whole sleeving craze going on latley. Went and bought some to play with over the weekend..

I have spilt some coolant on some of the connectors of the PSU whilst it was in my old case and some have fully corroded.. SO sleeving and new connectors may be a creative way out of buying a new PSU.

I think this case would benifit from it greatly.

Cheers for the reply man , Vice.

19. timsarg

timsarg Member

i wasn't going to comment simply due to the fact i think it's a fucking ugly assorted pieces of metal but seeing as you want comments i think it's shit . :lol:

20. OP
    OP
    vicelore

vicelore Member

Nice, Thanks.

Vice