Liquid Cooling AIO - which software to use?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by ibace, Feb 11, 2019.

1. ibace

ibace Member

For several years now all my systems were running Corsair AIOs and I simply used the Corsair Link software, which I found to be really useful.

But I have now upgraded my hardware and this time went with a Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB AIO 240mm Quiet Liquid CPU Cooler - which doesn't have any included software.

So I'm after recommendations for a software to install on my Windows 8.1 Pro system...I really only want to be able to check CPU temps [Octa-Core Xeon] and pump temps/speeds etc.

Looking forward to some referrals....

2. friction_point

friction_point Member

3. OP
    OP
    ibace

ibace Member

Yeah, have tried that but as you suspected...no pump info...will continue the quest...

4. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Speedfan will give you a reading for pump speeds, although I'm not sure it will be an actual accurate reading. OK for monitoring it in relative terms though. However It won't provide pump temps, unless there is a pump temp sensor that connects to the motherboard somewhere? I'm not sure that any software can do that, unless its proprietary software getting signal from an actual sensor and cable from the pump.

5. argent

argent Member

I always thought if you were using a standard AIO CLC, pumps would only be operating under a DC function, not PWM and only CWL systems can adjust pump speed?

Speedfan does indeed give a readout for the pump but I've always found that the headers connecting the pump to the mobo has been only 3 pin. As a result, the fan speed is always 1500rpm in Speedfan for the pump.

6. OP
    OP
    ibace

ibace Member

I have had a couple of different models of Corsairs over the years and still have an H80i running on my #2 system...and the Corsair link software gives CPU temps as well as pump temps and speeds. Have installed an NZXT 41 system and with the downloaded 'Cam' software I seem to recall it gave similar readouts...can't believe Coolermaster have no suitable software...

7. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

CM don't need to supply additional software because there is nothing additional to control. The pump RPM is read through whatever header you plugged the pump RPM into, and the fans, same deal.