1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

List of (cheap) Ebook readers avail in aust

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by Franc, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Franc

Franc Member

I want to compile a list of the cheaper ebook readers and specs available in Aust given the attention out there atm...and the fact that Im shopping for one and a lot of us are interested...Ive been reading stuff on my phone or pda for years so Im greatly interested in these devices.

$199 Kobo 6" E-ink Borders 6" E-ink - Tons of press lately
    $238/297 Pico 6" Officeworks (in the latest catalog)
    $197 Stash Colour 6" Officeworks (in the latest catalog)

I will update more specs and readers tonight (and if anyone has any links to other readers for sale, I know there are a few others out there but most are well above my $400 + I have set an arbitary limit of $300 ish as the maximum most people would pay for the purposes of this thread

NB I hope this isnt a duplicate thread, but I looked 4 pages back and couldn't see any threads suitable to use/hijack.

2. Caviar

Caviar Member

Nice thread :) been looking at e-readers for a while and just noticed the Pico ebook reader today, might check one out during lunch.

While not strictly sub $300, you can get the Sony PRS-600 for $330 from reputable ebay sellers.

not sure which way to go here, the pico at $238 is a fantastic price, and i'm just not sure about the kobo for now.

3. wryun

wryun Member

4. Davo1111

Davo1111 Member

thanks, good to see o-works have some models coming out :) I thought it was just kobo and online imports.