1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. harrye30

harrye30 Member

might be a bit of a biased question, but what exchanges are we all using?

Currently I use crypsty and mtgox. I use coinjar for my withdrawals.
    So, what is everyone else using /prefers?

2. Pengoz

Pengoz Member

Exchanges = CoinEx, VircurEx
    BTC/AUD Money Changers = BitPiggy or CoinJar.

3. Gunna

Gunna Member

I use btc-e and then to go to AUD I use coin jar. Coin jar have been quick in regards to money in my account however I would never leave btc or aud on there

4. paul8811

paul8811 Member

How come no matter where I change voltages in e.g Trixx, afterburner, cgminer bat file...it never shows any change in CGwatcher, gpu-z or speedfan? Should I see it reflected somewhere? This is for all my various cards across my 2 rigs

Has anyone tried one of those PCI-e splitters, there are a couple of different kinds around..
    http://www.amfeltec.com/products/x4pcie-splitter4.php
    http://www.microsatacables.com/pci-e-express-1x-to-4-port-pcie-1x-riser-switch-card-with-usb-3-0/

Can find lots of posts from people asking if they work but nobody it seems has tried one. My guess is they don't work or we would know more about them

5. r3s

r3s Member

The problem with them might be the power that 4 cards might try to suck out of 1 motherboard slot, not sure if molex powered risers off each port would compensate that.

I wouldn't be trying 1k+ worth of GPU's on 1 :p

6. Pengoz

Pengoz Member

7950 has been sold.

7. flemeister

flemeister Member

Assuming here that you've started cgminer, and then tried changing the voltage (not before starting cgminer). Afterburner and GPU-Z will report the actual voltage, cgminer does not.

Your cards are probably just voltage locked, or without support for software voltage control.

8. paul8811

paul8811 Member

Well i have tried with trixx or afterburner to apply settings on startup so before cgminer kicks in, I cant believe that all my cards are voltage locked. I have 7 cards made up of 6 different varieties

9. r3s

r3s Member

Does the hashrate change as you change settings while cgminer is open?

Easiest way to check if there sticking.

10. flemeister

flemeister Member

Change the voltage manually, after cgminer has started. I think cgminer overrides stuff and applies the GPU's stock voltage rather than your custom setting, so you need to override it again. You've got a few seconds of lag-free cursor movement just after cgminer starts. Have Afterburner open and your profile/preset saved and onscreen and ready to click apply. :)

EDIT: 6 different varieties of cards eh? Have fun with the lag then! :p Worth it though if it works. :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  11. Lordz

Lordz Member

mining of netcoins is becoming extremely slow.

Heres hoping we get luck and sxc/btc market comes online, and I can cash out then cash into netcoin before the blockchain halves

12. XST

XST Member

yeah I'm not having any luck with my MSI 7850's and undervolting. No amount of different programs, changing the start time of underclocking, and config files, are actually downclocking. 2 of the cards have a vcore of 1.138, and the other has 1.20 or so, would be so nice to get them lower. Might hunt around for a modded bios.

13. starkers92

starkers92 Member

Modifying your own ATI BIOS is fairly easy. Try VBE 7.

14. r3s

r3s Member

Sexcoin will halve a month and a bit after that anyways...... altho you can probably swich them into sxc then for maximum profits.

15. paul8811

paul8811 Member

Thanks will give that a go tomorrow.

Yep I currently have 1 rig with - 3 x 280x (asus, sapphire, msi), other rig has a 280x (his), 2 x HIS 7850 & 1 MSI 7870. Will be juggling them around tomorrow so the 4 280x are together, then picking up a 7950 tomorrow or Friday & will ditch the 7870 for it.

16. GGG-2

GGG-2 Member

Been snapping up a lot of cheap SXC on cryptsy since it's falled to low price, it's hovering around 0.00080000 to 0.00075000

17. r3s

r3s Member

I am still hoping CENT gets something to revive it ......... bought 300m ages ago just in case something happens lol.

18. GGG-2

GGG-2 Member

I got caught out like that with ADT (android tokens) the coin is broken at the moment, you can't mine it or send to wallets. and the developers have gone walkabouts.

Also if you read though this you can see one of the developers at cryptsy took 500m coins as payment to fix the issue and end up making it worse. fun and games :)

19. r3s

r3s Member

I knew the situation when i boguht tho, it was a risk i was well aware of, i just thought that 3 LTC was worth acquiring 300m CENT just in case :)

They only have to get to 0.00000002 to double my investment.

20. Pengoz

Pengoz Member

What performs the best of the 280x? Asus, Msi or Sapphire? What version of the asus are you running (DC2, DC2 V2, TOP Edition et al).

For the Sapphire what edition is it? If the vapor-x what bios version is it running (check with gpuz)?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014