1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. paulbagz

paulbagz Member

Nah Cats are the direct competition even with their shitty launch lol.

-PB

2. harrye30

harrye30 Member

Kitteh coin already has a cult following. Cats might be reasonable but Kitteh has had a much better launch and will in my opinion over take cat :thumbup:

3. r3s

r3s Member

Too many coins to choose to mine, * head explodes *

4. Pengoz

Pengoz Member

bloody umart.. they list the model for the 280x non top edition but list the specs of the top edition.

Fwiw:

Umart:
    http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=248&bid=2&sid=141332

Non Top Editon: https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9280XDC23GD5V2/#specifications

Top Edition: https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9280XDC2T3GD5V2/#specifications

I've emailed them for clarification, either way looks like they might be running low on stock. Still they could make it easier by listing the right info.

Hope its the TOP edition before I go sell my 7950 to r3s and meet with him at Milton. As it means if its the TOP edition I get another card or not. :) or :( heh

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  5. paul8811

paul8811 Member

The asus and sapphire give me 750, the His and MSI about 720. It is the vapour x, will check bios in the morning.

6. Pengoz

Pengoz Member

Thanks for the info.

Is the Asus the TOP edition (core clock 1070) or the non TOP edition (core clock 1000)? Also on your Asus is the voltage locked? Just trying to figure out if either edition is voltage locked so I know which to buy.

If its earlier than v15.041 can you save it and link to it (use gpuz, its very easy)?

Apparently versions earlier that v15.041 have a bios throttling issue that the oem won't acknowledge and thus fix. :( I suspect you have an earlier bios since you can hash high in a hot rig.

Anyway if you can provide the bios that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  7. paulbagz

paulbagz Member

Yeah but communities don't ever really matter imo, it comes down to initial launch and sustained hash rate.

Kittehs were only invented due to the failed launch of CATs but the seeing them on an exchange will be interesting nonetheless.

-PB

8. harrye30

harrye30 Member

Saying communities don't matter is pretty silly, I mean look at Doge. Would it have gotten half as large as it is now if it weren't for the meme? Probably not.

9. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

anyone mine mooncoin?

guys do you have to backup the wallet as often as you can or you only have to back 1 time?

10. shredder

shredder Member

ADT has been broken approximately every 2 weeks since it's launch... the same thing has been going on with it for months now. It's like one of those Pitcher Plants that people keep jumping into regardless. And they think coz a coin makes it onto Cryptsy that gives it some kind of legitimacy. Not at all, haha, not at all. It is literally just a beggar's hat sitting on the kerb in front of clueless "developers" who rake in whatever they can take from hapless people that buy their rubbish.

Oh but it contains the word "android". :rolleyes:

They were in this exact position 2 months ago and they'll be in this exact position (or worse) in another 2 months.

11. Sindarin Ultra

Sindarin Ultra Member

The PSU is a 1200W SilverStone ST1200-G-EVO.

The build was fairly smooth, hooray for tools though, doing it all with a hack saw and handheld drill would be annoying (but doable)!

Running windows on an old HDD for now. I don't have a lot of nix experience so windows was much faster to get running for me personally.

12. aokman

aokman Member

anyone know any sellers of risers on ebay that will ship express? need some now :lol:

13. paulbagz

paulbagz Member

They all do if you ask :)

-PB

14. paulbagz

paulbagz Member

But that's because its a meme, one that skyrocketed due to Reddit.

The coin is merely tagging along to that, so no I don't think its popularity is due to the community that is mining/deving it.

-PB

15. yanman

yanman Member

wow this thread has gone nuts while I was away.. hard to read all the posts :p

Has anyone done any calculations on cost efficiency of the different configurations of mining rigs?

I'm assuming that this would be the best:
    - 4 GPU's.. thinking 280X or 290 but not 290X
    - Basic but reliable mobo
    - 1200W seasonic 95% efficiency or equivelant
    - 8gb ram
    - non-powered riser cables, insulated in foil
    - open-frame

16. harrye30

harrye30 Member

Oh well PB each to their own.

17. XST

XST Member

awesome, will give it a try when I get home :thumbup:

Appears to work for a sample MSI 7850 1gb bios from techpowerup. Few voltages to choose from 0.8v to 1.22v.

18. yanman

yanman Member

Anyone thinking of going 7850's? They seem an ok option given they should net around 410kH/s

19. r3s

r3s Member

I have 8 of them ranging from 350-380khs

20. Gunna

Gunna Member

Any one using a Sapphire HD 7990? What temps are you getting with stock cooling?