Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Yeah mega fail. Looks like another crapcoin worth avoiding

2. paulbagz

paulbagz Member

Just like 99% of altcoins lol.

-PB

3. paulbagz

paulbagz Member

6 cards stable is a different kettle of fish.

-PB

4. flinchy

flinchy Member

how the hell did they launch that badly?

6 forks?!

5. Yoodaa

Yoodaa Member

I'll need to just go back to the drawing board, start with one, test, add another, rinse and repeat...

6. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

People who quit middlecoin after only a few days mining obviously have little idea how it works lol. Anyway, I cbf trying to explain it in more detail than I already have, if you're impatient enough to ragequit it after a couple days then it probably isn't a good pool for you anyway as you can often be left waiting for days and sometimes weeks before what you mined earlier is sold and actually paid out to you. Ironically this is what generally makes middlecoin pay out better than other multipools, but yeah.

If you don't like just blindly trusting someone with your hashes though then fair enough, though from my experience the owner definitely knows what they are doing when it comes to getting good value for trades. Only reason I'm not still on middlecoin is because panda/max are more profitable.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  7. jtir

jtir Member

I find GPU cards behave differently when running solo, versus when running with in farm with multiple GPUs.

8. Yoodaa

Yoodaa Member

Anyone got 6 powered risers they want to sell?

9. tojara69

tojara69 Member

Either the main graph is bugged on MC or he just lost about 5000Mh/s lol.

10. sickbunny

sickbunny Member

Tompool was hacked he believes and seems all wallets were lost, hopefully there's not something more serious going on with the bigger pools?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470382.20

11. leviathan

leviathan Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  12. flinchy

flinchy Member

check middlecoin forums

people who've been there for months are leaving.. and regularly, have been noticing payouts half of what they would expect as a bare minimum baseline.

it's pretty simple.. you look at the top 5 alt coins on coinwarz (disregard 1, maybe 2, as they're so volatile often), and you should AT LEAST be able to get roughly the average of said top 5

middlecoin has consistently been under that.. The dev doesn't communicate with the miners, and has no accurate stats.

The last.. 12 hours? stats have been totally frozen, everyone left in the dark as to whether their hashes are even counting.

Yeah, you can often wait for a long time for unexchanged.. but the problem is, even the unexchanged values are low.

that, and MC seems to have gone from 23gh, to 16gh. HUGE exodus if so.

i don't understand how max is more profitable, i can't even work out how to mine it on my gpu's -_-.. and WTF is panda? haha

ED: i mean, seriously, the owner of middlecoin is pocketing somewhere between $6900 and $10350 a day on average in pool fees. It's in his best interest to be more open, yet here we are.

13. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

Well I think I am going to get another crappy payout today from middle coin? I will be bagged again for saying crappy pay. I consider moving, anyone have a good pool to recommend that has payout in btc.

14. tojara69

tojara69 Member

Sitting on max with 5 280x's, about 0.1 BTC in 48 hours.

Its better then MC was doing but not the greatest as its slowly dropping.

15. sugaris

sugaris Member

Something is going on with middlecoin... the hash rate has dropped to around 15 and that forum that was posted before is going nuts. I've swapped over to clevermining for now...

16. dicer

dicer Member

Anyone else having trouble connecting to Middlecoin pool?

edit: was about 3 minutes late. I'll try hashcow instead. MC has been down for around 1 hour for me..at least.

17. Tommo_Aus

Tommo_Aus Member

Yep its been a great day, yet another day where I wonder why I bother running a pool. Basic summary of what has happened on TomPool, or at least what I've been able to track down so far:

- Vanilla forum software security exploit, as noted here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25668/dec-2013-security-update-2-0-18-10-and-2-1b2 allowed the attacker to upload custom files to the server
    - Custom files allowed the attacker to gain access to the pools wallets and transfer funds to their personal accounts
    - Attackers IP addresses originated from Switzerland from a tor exit node so who knows their real location
    - Emptied all of the pools wallets, approx 14 BTC in total
    - Bitcoin talk thread is here for those interested in more details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470382
    - I've removed the forum software to close the back door

At this stage I'm rather lost, I've put so much work into the pool but now I might just call it a day. Its a shame there are people out there who do this, not to mention they'll get away with it and receive no punishment for their actions, what a crappy world we live in.

Perhaps crypto currencies aren't ready for the big time, without some central authority this can always happen and there's no way to reverse the transactions.

18. xtigerx

xtigerx Member

Tommo,

PM sent. Seeing if i can help you out.

Thanks,
    Chris

19. flinchy

flinchy Member

hmm, that's still about double what i'd expect from that setup, nothing to sneeze at lol

i'll see if i can work out how to point my miners to it when i get home -_-

I just think it highlights the importance of 10/10 security.

you can't join crypto and NOT act like a bank in terms of how much effort goes into plugging any and all holes, because this is dealing with serious amounts of money quite often.

Crypto currencies are absolutely ready for bigtime

The websites that deal with it, quite often are not... No offence to you, it's obviously really difficult to find a hole as specific as a forum software vulnerability that leads to a chain of effects that lets them have full wallet/private key access.

i'm sure i have the ability to set up some sort of pool

i'm sure with my friends (various fields of IT etc.), we could get it reasonably secure

but enough to guarantee my own peace of mind that i wouldn't screw over heaps of other people unintentionally? ehhh....

my 2c... you've gotten this far, don't give up.. just keep improving, come back stronger, stay transparent

transparency is key, imo.

20. r3s

r3s Member

People get scammed in the real world by millions of dollars every day, this is nothing new, its just become more prevalent to people who normally wouldn't have to worry about it.

I got done for 109BTC 2 years ago, i stopped mining then ( and wish i didn't obviously ) now have come back and have a bit more security this time, live and learn.