1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. solidheat

solidheat Member

I'm on about 25-30MAX/day and hashing at about 2200Mh/s so thats like ~.012/MAX/Mh I think.

Exchanged at price atm ~.0018/MAX returns ~.054BTC/day still better than Middlecoin I think.

BTW that's 2 rigs with 2 x 290s in each. My other rigs (8 x 280x in total) are hashing protoshares which mines about 8PTS/day and returns ~.228BTC/day.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. paulbagz

paulbagz Member

This.

-PB

3. flinchy

flinchy Member

sorry if i missed it, but is there an easy setup guide to max?

4. cheozuka

cheozuka Member

not too hard, but the wallet was bit tricky,
    I had to manually edit the files to make it sync

5. Pengoz

Pengoz Member

6. solidheat

solidheat Member

Download the cgminer from max.1gh.com, setup a wallet through MCXNow and you can either use max.1gh pool or I use a ANZ pool based in NZ called pool.maxcoin.co.nz small pool so greater share.

Only issue is yesterday the pool didn't receive a new block for almost 11hours! so payout yesterday was crap but usually good, considering.

Some might argue not to keep coins on the exchange but I don't hold coins I sell in portions to keep an average. But in saying that MCXNow is quiet reliable and stable.

Also with the NZ pool you need to create workers etc...

7. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

hey anyone got some LTC to sell at the moment? Looking for maybe 6 or 7.

PM me

8. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

How do you mine protoshares with AMD GPU?

edit: Found it lol, thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware there was GPU mining for this yet :)

9. solidheat

solidheat Member

The miners called clpts here's the link
    https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2598.0

I downloaded v.01 as it mines straight of the Beeeeer pool. Ypool is ok but you have to create workers and there fees are 5%. The others 2.5%

Also there is a way to setup the script.

For multiple GPUs you need to setup a script for each card.

ex.

clpts_x86-64 <your wallet address> -t 0,0 -a 1

Now the 0,0 is the number of threads for that GPU. My 280x's have 2 threads so I setup 0,0.

For the second GPU same code but 0,0 changes 1,1.

Therefore n,n is the number of threads/GPU related to the number of that GPU.

n=thread/GPU

So for 3 GPUs you would have 3 scripts each with the same code but different thread number. 0,0 1,1 2,2 n,n etc...

10. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

Been Clevermining for about 20hours now and rocking a ~4.5% reject rate.

using:

expiry 1
    queue 5
    scan-time 1

EDIT: Ok all of a sudden it seems CM's reject rate has quadrupled...

11. spedwards

spedwards Member

My last 24 hours mining has raised 21.25MAX on 1GH with 1.3Gh/s.

As posted earlier, this has gone up from around 17 per day when I started mining on Monday.

12. bloodnok

bloodnok Member

Hi everyone, complete mining noob here. I discovered cudaminer about 2 weeks ago, and have done a bit of casual mining on and off since then (stopping the miner when I needed to use the PC). I've now got myself some coins, and I did a quick check to see what they were worth, and to my surprise, it's over $15.

Before I make any rash decisions, have screwed up any maths here:

I have mined ~11500 DOGE. That appears to be worth ~0.02415 BTC, which is in turn worth ~15.25 AUD.

Now, I know I've got totally the wrong card for this, as it's managing a blistering 67khash/sec (and that's after some tuning - I was only getting 64khash/sec before...), and it's probably horrendously inefficient at it too, so I doubt I've made any money considering the electricity usage. But a) I was just playing with the concept, not so much looking to turn a profit, and b) that machine was on anyway, so the difference is probably fairly minimal.

Now I see that a local computer shop has Radeon HD7850s (apparently capable of >400khash/sec at ~120w TDP) on sale for $119. That card is capable of six times the rate I'm mining at the moment. The shop are probably trying to clear them, so I don't know how long that price will remain current.

I'm very tempted to go buy one, throw it in as old a PC as I can find that will still drive it, and dump it in the garage (for the avoidance of it living in aircon and thus me paying to cool it as well as to power it). Assuming the rest of the machine is recycled from a scrap pile (and is thus essentially free), and my maths is again correct, that card could cover it's own purchase cost in something like 3 to 4 weeks, and the cost of the electricity to run both it and the machine it was put in within around 6 weeks. That assumes that my returns scale with the hashrate (using a pool, I think this is a fairly safe assumption at least in the short term), and the prices stay stable (definitely not a safe assumption, but at least I'm not betting on them going up.)

Having scouted the pile of out of service PCs, I've got a candidate box. It's a Core2 Duo, with a pair of full size PCIe slots. And they are spaced such that they aren't right up next to each other as well. So now the mind clicks over again. I could pick up a second card. Double the investment, double the return. Electricity cost slightly less than double (still only one mobo/cpu), so that would actually pay off slightly faster - more like 5 weeks - because the motherboard, CPU and HDD would already be running, so it's only the extra card I'd have to power.

Having looked at current card prices and hash rates, I can't find anything else that will give me as much hashrate per dollar outlay.

A simple linux install, two AMD cards with drivers, and a miner script on autostart doesn't sound too hard - it's not like I'm cutting any fresh ground here.

The main challenge with this concept appears to be arranging for there to be internet in the garage without tripping over trailing cables too often.

Just before I go off and place an order... Have I made any maths errors? Have I missed something really obvious? Are my predictions way off?

13. xtigerx

xtigerx Member

Because I am in a situation where each machine can only get to the Internet when it has it's own public IP address (it won't be at home). Thus one machine can be online, so I want to share that machine's internet connection.

14. kix

kix Member

The 7850 is great value and if you get 2 it would equal a 280x in hashes but cost $160 less and use less power.
    As for internet, i'm just using $10 wifi dongles without problems.

15. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Awesome, thanks heaps, got it up and running. :)

16. solidheat

solidheat Member

No worries! As a guide a 280x should be getting about 3000-3400c/m that's collisions/minute.

Also download afterburner and drop the engine to 1050, it allows the card to stablise long term and feel free to drop the fan speed to under 70%. Protoshares uses half the power of srypt mining so half the heat half the electricity bill and almost 1.5x the profit!

Have fun!

17. kix

kix Member

How long does it take to mine 1 share/coin?

18. kram.

kram. Member

Cheers. Just purchased a bunch more for another rig build tomorrow

19. r3s

r3s Member

How do you tell if you are mining correctly?

shares seem to be submitting but doesnt give a khs so to speak?

20. tkxmoe

tkxmoe Member

I seem to be getting 5285.6250 collisions/min with 2x 280x - is this about right?