Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

lol yeah if the prices pan out then my single 7970 will make more then my 280x rig :p

2. flinchy

flinchy Member

I wonder when they'll implement dynamic difficulty changes though

with all the prior experience, coins getting stuck etc., it's just stupidity not to do it.

3. r3s

r3s Member

Aren't the difficulty changes tied to the market/exchange rate later down the track?

On a side note i must say i am pretty impressed that BTC has rallied back to $550USD only 1 day after the gox mess came to light.

Interesting to see when more information comes out what the price will do , but looking relatively stable considering.

4. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

Wonder where we would be if GOX died quickly instead of agonizingly slowly over the last few weeks.

5. kix

kix Member

Has anyone switched to karlroth 3.7.3 instead of cgminer 3.7.2?
    Results?

6. paul8811

paul8811 Member

7. flinchy

flinchy Member

yeah as far as i understood it, they want to keep inflation in check/daily market cap increase relatively in check based on a number of economic/market/network factors... but they're going to fix that via block rewards or something?.. don't think you can manually edit difficulty without shortening reward time, it HAS to be dynamic based on hash rate, and there's no upsides to having a 24hr retarget.

I think this is just a little bump before it hits the floor re: price rally.

doesn't matter for the long term, and an average gain is average gain.

8. make_out

make_out Member

please post it up when you get a chance.cheers

9. sugaris

sugaris Member

Ordered another rig...

another 5x R9 280x system will be running here shortly. :thumbup:

One will point to clevermining and the other I will using to solo mine whatever coin is all the rage at the time.

10. spedwards

spedwards Member

Got an SSD into my main miner today and it's back online. Still having occasional network problems - anyone with a Asus H81M-PLUS have problems where the network thinks that there is no cable connected??

How-to guide is here, I followed it roughly and was solo mining in quick time:
    https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7722.0

I've also put a power meter onto the main miner, with the SSD and mining MAX i've gone from 820W to 700W. That's about $1/day on Sydney rates.

11. cheozuka

cheozuka Member

I used a 3m length of aluminum angle from burnings. And cut it to size. I used large pop rivets as locators for each card. Those pics don't fully do justice to the effort I have put in! I'll show some more in build process pics later. For the screw holes. I used a drill bit that was slightly smaller than the thread of the thumbscrews. Then a thread tap. I think the correct size is 6-32. But all I had was metric. Do I did a test thread and then screwed a thumbscrew in with screwdriver to finish the thread. The aluminum is soft. So it will work of u are careful and patient. Use a steel thumbscrew. I have actually tapped threads all over the frame so that the panels can screw in. Big job!

12. xtigerx

xtigerx Member

Finally got around to putting all the boxes together into one room.

Column 1: 7950's
    Column 2: 4x 7970 rest 280X
    Column 3: 280x
    Column 4: 280x
    Column 5: PSU's
    Column 6: PSU's
    Column 7: MOBO's an CPU's.

Waiting for 280x 2x DC2T and 1x Dual-X and 2x PSU's, 20x PCIE USB Risers. That's it for now. 12 complete rigs and 2 other rigs for mucking around with custom coins.

Click to view full size!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  13. flinchy

flinchy Member

got home.. one rig had 1 PSU fully turned off, i have absolutely no idea what the problem is as it's now back up running perfectly o_o... the smell was SUPER strong in hte hallway, but can't identify a single damaged component or overly hot ANYTHING

didn't turn itself off for days, then all of a sudden...

and question:

if i want to (solo)mine a specific alt coin, how do i do so with BAMT?

ED:... until i can work it out, i'm solomining on a 1% fee pool haha

14. make_out

make_out Member

Which is your preferred motherboard?

15. xtigerx

xtigerx Member

I only run 4 cards per rig. So the h81m plus suits my needs perfectly. I highly recommend that with a g1820, 8gb of ddr3 ram. That's what I am basically running. Some are 1155 mobos with the g1620, g2020, g2120 etc. Whatever was available at the time.

16. r3s

r3s Member

So you are around 30mhs?, what power usage?

Pics of rigs setup? :D

Total investment around 20-25k?

17. Yoodaa

Yoodaa Member

Anyone got cg remote working ok? Looking for any gotchas. Can't seem to get it to see my miners...

18. harrye30

harrye30 Member

Check ports, I had a similar issue on first set up.

19. xtigerx

xtigerx Member

35+ Mh/s at the moment. Power usage is around 15,000W.

Not sure if you remember, but i was about to give up and sell it all when i got bill shock. But, i had someone who was very interested in what i had, so they pretty much bought me out. So now i just maintain them. But i no longer own them. Regarding pics, due to the boss keeping it all hush hush, i can't post pics. But what i can say is, all 12 rigs are mounted in racks taking up two full 47 RU spaces.

He bought out my initial investment of 10-15k (hard to keep track with constant small buys) and dumped more money into it to tripled my initial hashrate. So probably 30k-35k all up i'm guessing.

Also sold all my bitcoins and litecoins in the process to investor. Approximately 5 BTC and 1300 LTC.

20. spedwards

spedwards Member

Are you connecting to Windows or Linux miners?