1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. flinchy

flinchy Member

yeah but he HAS current ASIC's at current prices?.. the curent set of ASIC's has been out for quite a number of months now (4-5?) and we're about due for the next ones now.

no matter if he's getting early access deals, he can't have better stuff than has been designed/taped out. (so at best some sorta 28nm device, if he's somehow managed to get them MONTHS pre-release)....

The other argument would be... why would he spend that many millions on untested hardware?

I'd put my money on cheap hydro too haha

ED: i got gridseed 10 pack pricing finally.. a bit under $2400 AUD + post, but haven't settled on postage costs yet.

ED: $175/10 pack as they're 10kg (huge heatsinks?), but with a zero GST invoice.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

The stock coolers are coming with them do they cool the MOSFET any better? I will have a box fan on them moving a lot of air and hopefully the heat wave has passed by next week when I will likely have the rig setup.

3. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

I don't know my came gelid icy. I modded a heat and slapped on to the mofet. It cool very well, even on a 37 degrees day the temp of the vrm1 is 80 degrees.

4. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Brother's reference 290x in his gaming PC has died after like 4 days of mining. Rofl :thumbup: Luckily he bought it locally so has warranty, but still. Dunno why the noob got a ref card, it was the most ridiculously loud card I have ever heard.

5. spedwards

spedwards Member

It looks like AIR will be listed on Poloniex soon, still waiting for a confirmed date though.

Current estimated opportunity price at 0.00281 BTC/AIR. Even at half that price it's looking like a pretty good return.

6. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

Hey guys

where do most of the miners flog off your old video cards?

7. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Reference coolers are tragically loud, even after undervolting to the max. Great for a case with poor airflow, but horrible for a case with good airflow because they're just so inefficient. Let me guess, he was letting it run at 100c 24/7?

8. spedwards

spedwards Member

Further update on AIR listing:

9. flinchy

flinchy Member

I REGRET EVERYTHING ABOUT MINING OTHER SHITTYCOINS NUUUU

.00281 would be ridiculously amazing... and set to rise over time too -_-.. i'm on <100 a day now :(

on a positive note.. blackcoin has risen to basically what i paid for them, yay!

you can't even run them 100c.. they top out at 95 and self throttle

so faulty card more than anything. mine won't go past 94-95 lol.

10. Luke212

Luke212 Member

you flood the second hand market at $100/card :lol:

11. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

That's what I was thinking - is it worth switching back to AIR now?

12. flinchy

flinchy Member

I'm back on it, stopped mining zeit (the devs seem pretty committed, so i'm expecting more than 1 satoshi prices eventually), trying to offload hex, get black back to BTC for when AIR hits an exchange.

if even half their expectation is reality, it's the most profitable coin to mine by a longshot.

OTOH i want back into doge.. they hit 105 satoshi, were at 120 for a while.. but the big update seems to have them on the rise again, back to 144!

13. r3s

r3s Member

How many people kept mining AIR before?

Expected exchange rate and actual exchange rate will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I have 800 at the moment from mining it in the first blocks, might mine a bit more , clevermining btc rate is terrible right now so might as well take a chance.

14. spedwards

spedwards Member

I did a three days around the time it started, a day earlier this week and have pointed my miners back today following the news that it would be on exchange tomorrow.

I noticed your name appearing back on air.pitythepool.com r3s :thumbup:

I've only got 260 to show for my efforts.

15. Luke212

Luke212 Member

a dogecoin is like 1/1,000 of a USD. How long does it take to make a dodgecoin on a common gpu?

16. leviathan

leviathan Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  17. Luke212

Luke212 Member

i worked it out, its like $2/day with a 7970! at 100% for 24/7 this would be more than $2/day of electricity do you think?

its like $31/day with my 12 titans.. can anyone help work out power use please? i am with dodo.

18. spedwards

spedwards Member

Hash rate is based on your hardware. What have you got that you intend to mine with?

19. leviathan

leviathan Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  20. spedwards

spedwards Member

You need know know how much power your miner takes while running and what your rate is set at, mine is $0.27/KwH.