Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. stevodm

stevodm Member

point your mining rig at their pool and earn twice the LTC

2. kram.

kram. Member

Does anyone else use MyAltCoins to keep track of the value of their coins/holdings?

There's a bug with BC at the moment in there. I jump out of my seat when I refresh the dash for the day, as it shows my BC count worth over 8 BTC haha

3. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

That's what I'm searching for the pool to point to. I'm confused and obviously missing something obvious but...

As soon as you recieve GHS on your account, you will start generating income and earning rewards as blocks are being created. No additional setup is required.

That means I need some GHS to start. Is that a BTC deposit to them or what?

:o

4. stevodm

stevodm Member

Once you're registered with CEX.IO, you then go to GHash.IO where you can find the mining pools. For example, LTC pool = -scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.ghash.io:3333

5. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Cheers stevo my obvious mistake was looking for pool info on cex rather than ghash. Thanks again but I now have a 0.05 BTC balance with cex. Anybody know if it's worth converting to GHS and taking what they mine with that vs putting it back into my local wallet?

6. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Lol @ mono. Just go to ghash and start mining ltc.

Anyway I just hired a couple of rigs on betarigs to throw at this LTC pool - should make a nice profit that way.

Once this rush is over, I might rent my rig out - seems like a good way to earn some extra $$ on the side. Pretty neat idea behind it.

7. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Holy crap lol check out the ghash LTC hashrate. When I joined the pool like 5 hours ago it was around 8gh/s...now at 35gh/s

8. XST

XST Member

hmmm, aircon or ghash, where is everyone going? ive had 2 rigs on airpool for the past few days, but ghash is tempting....

my concern with ghash... sudden spike in LTC hashrate = higher difficulty, then comes the massive dump on the exchanges....

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  9. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

I was mining Aircoin but to my math, Ghash is going to be around 30% more profitable per hash at current rates. If Aircoin spikes, then you're in luck though

10. XST

XST Member

mind sharing the maths? :thumbup: . I will probably load share the two.

quick q with ghash. So I'm not going to send BTC there :lol:, but how does one actually add a worker. it says it is automatic, but no workers have been made in the workers section, and of course cgminer connection fails straight up

edit: dont mind me. username.worker1 worked eventually :/

11. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Bugger off I was having a senior's moment LOL. I actually read the first post from hospital (took my dad down for some tests today) on my ipad and wanted to change to ghash then. Managed to jump through all the registration hoops and managed 2 factor auth all on the tablet only to get confused with how to actually mine to their pool. I have 0.05 BTC on CEX now so not sure if to "buy" some hashing in their cloud with it or just retrieve it to my offline wallet...

Regardless thanks to stevo (and none of you other cheeky bastards) I'm about to setup some cgminer scripts to mine to ghash's pool ;)

Edit: I guess when faced with only UK or US servers you'd go US as they're closer geographically...

12. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

They overtook the leader (wemineltc) which was at 30gh/s in a matter of hours. Impressive. I wonder how high this can go... I'm actually scared this could fork the network :Paranoid:

13. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

It's almost a given the way it's increasing so fast :Paranoid:

Thanks for the heads up anyway it should give us all some better returns than the quickly falling major multis. Clever was down to 0.004/mh/s/day today :(

I'm now mining LTC in their pool and I've got 1.7 odd GHS of their cloud BTC mining pool I bought just to see how it goes. At the reported earning rate I will earn 4usd a month for my 0.02 BTC which is piss poor. Time to grab my 0.05btc back I think! Or am I missing something with their block reward bonus?

Edit: @smokin_whale, what's the break even BTC/mhs/day figure for renting a rig to mine ghash LTC so I can look at getting some extra hash going?

14. spedwards

spedwards Member

I couldn't help but giggle at this...

Re US vs UK, ping them both and pick the one with lowest results as priority 0 and the other as at priority 1.

15. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Use the calculators on CoinWarz.

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators...0000&er=0.02655000&btcer=638.16000000&hc=0.00

LTC gets you 0.00563643btc per mh per day. Times that by two and you get 0.01127286, which is your reward per mh/s on Ghash. Any rig you rent for less than that will be pulling a profit on Ghash right now.

Honestly it's a pretty lucrative deal at the moment. Wonder what the idea behind it is.

16. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Most of the rigs I see are renting pretty close to that (0.011btc/mhs/day). Makes me wish for 2 things; that my 290s had arrived today and that I'd chucked my rig on betarigs 2 weeks ago when clever and co fell below 0.01/day... It's more lucrative than selling BTC straight on ebay at 40% above BTC value! they're effectively charging double the multipool payout for rig rental. Lol at this example: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/1933 - is on the front page as top rated despite charging 0.08btc/mhs/day! :eek:

Edit: oh lovely the 2x bonus will fall to 1.25x if the pool hits 40gh/s (currently @ 38.63). Hope nobody rented too much betarig...

17. XST

XST Member

current speed for ghash: 39.28ghash.

To prevent getting 51% of the Litecoin network, the reward multiplier will be adjusted according to the pool speed. Current multiplier: x2.
    Pool Speed Reward multiplier
    0 – 40 GH/s x2
    40 – 60 GH/s x1.25
    60+ GH/s x1

Goodbye profitability, but I guess 1.25x is better than 96% at CM....

18. tkxmoe

tkxmoe Member

They should stop signups, but I guess that ruins their marketing / insolvency plan.

19. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Dammit, and I just rented out more rigs :mad:

20. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Quick DDOS the registration page!

Hopefully my 6 hour rig lease nets a small profit before the reward falls :Paranoid:

Yeah it would have been nice to see that caveat in place a little earlier...

Edit: pool speed down to 37ghs, ppl taking notice hopefully.

Smokin_whale were yours short term hires mostly?