Litecoin mining LTC/FTC/DGC/ETC (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by ernie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. HeXa

HeXa Member

loool

wonder how they last before coming penny stocks again :p

2. shredder

shredder Member

From a quick look, it seems like a company who intend to speculate on and trade in the bitcoin market.

On what basis / expertise, I wonder? Anyone can trade bitcoin. Most do it poorly (me most definitely included!). What does this company have to suggest they'd do otherwise?

3. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

why dont they just become another "BTC-ARBS"? there's plenty to be made in arbitrage still

by the way, for anyone that invested in BTC-Arbs and thought they're money was lost, the owner made himself known on bitcointalk and has started to return funds lost by everyone. he says the site was hacked and is now in the process of trying to pay everyone back their principal.

i got a 0.05 refund the other day so the dude is legit. I had .2 in there but couldnt find the transactions in my wallet to prove what i'd sent as i think i sent some from various exchanges.

4. HeXa

HeXa Member

think I read somewhere they had a mining farm and some partnership with BitFury

5. r3s

r3s Member

Interesting , hopefully this happens :)

On another note i linked a pastebin the other day, anyone take action on it?

Hoping you did :)

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/219

6. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

How did that come about? Did he contact you or did you have to initiate it?
    I had wrote off my 3.5btc, but it would be nice to get it back.

7. dicer

dicer Member

Well I emailed him per bitcointalk post and never heard back, haven't received any refunds :( I'll have to PM him on there and try again.

8. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Ahh yep, I found the post with a bit of digging...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474787.msg7025145#msg7025145

Yeah, I have emailed him. I could prove my 2.8 in transactions from Coinjar, will see what happens I guess. If I don't hear from him within a week or so, I'll have to sign up to bitcointalk and pm him.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  9. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

cheers for that link, i actually sent some BTC to Poloniex to buy into Crypt after I read that pastebin thing. I sent the BTC about 10pm at night just as i was going to bed, the BTC didnt show up straight away so i thought 'fuk it, i'll just buy some in the morning" and then BAM...CRY goes up 100%!!

Anyway, win some lose some i guess.

For those with money in BTC-Arbs, here's the original post in Bitcointalk with all the details. Alot of people are still waiting but refunds are tricking through, I wouldnt expect you'll get it all back but some is better than none:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474787.1940

10. r3s

r3s Member

Stupid X11 mining, had to modify my mining rig enclosure/house heating system because it doesn't produce enough heat....LOL

Dropped off 3 x 120mm fans and enclosed the rack , drilled 4 x 35mm holes in the end for incoming air.

It is getting too cold now and the 1 x 4 card rig running atm wasnt heating enough for 5 x 120mm fans and a cold air intake.

Cards still only running at 60 degrees @ 1300rpm fan speed.

Should make the house warmer tomorrow morning :)

11. shredder

shredder Member

I read the pastebin and felt you were correct about good CRY prospects, but was/am too broke-ass at the moment to do any trading.

Getting the sack today didn't help :lol:

12. r3s

r3s Member

Bugger, because have a look this morning
    https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/219

its climbed overnight quite substantially again.

I never bought any because liek you i dont have much btc in reserve as i cashed out a fair bit recently but i managed to mine 600 while heating the house a bit in the upcoming winter :) , better then a kick up the ass in an otherwise pretty dead market.

I sold out 140 last night for 0.00149 so i have 2 weeks mining covered, will hold 400 and see where it goes, setup a silly sell order of 0.02 , i don't get to monitor things as often as i used to and stranger things have happened, would be stoked if it reached that .... lol

There has certainly been a decoupling of BTC/LTC, btc keeps climbing slowly and ltc keeps falling slowly.

Looks like too many people pulling out of ltc to get there ASIC costs back before there worth less.

Mods to my rack made a big difference this morning, house temp was far better, i forget and get ready for work then step outside and freeze my ass off lol.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  13. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Same boat, aside from the sacking... hard luck dude.

14. r3s

r3s Member

The blackcoin 1week chart on cryptsy looks pretty bleak, not sure if its time to buy hopnig for a resurgence to 30k or not....

Bought some VOOT to hold and see if there promises come to fruition, only 0.05btc worth but when its only 400 sats makes it easier to jump up substantially, and if not 0.05 btc isnt going to break the bank :)

15. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Funnily enough I bought some bc today too.

Might buy a bit of voot as well, just in case haha.

Last time I missed out on the rise of cry (and dark), so I'll hedge my bets with voot ha. Least it's cheap!

16. shredder

shredder Member

Funnily enough I just went to install the CRYPT wallet, and found I already had one with 20 coins in it - from recently when I was multipooling at coinking for a few days. Can't complain! Actually I've got a few altcoin wallets lying around with negligible amounts in them. Like the digital equivalent of spare change scattered around the room. Guess I'm not the only one?

17. r3s

r3s Member

Nope, i started pushing a lot of mine to exchanges and cashing them into btc so i can delete the wallets etc, i must have 30 odd coin wallets sitting around here, wanna try get it down to 5-10.

Crypt racing upwards still 170k sats atm , if only NETcoin could implement something remarkable, that would be awesome , have 450k of those lol..... i would be in heaven if they made it to 170k sats rofl.

18. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

keep in mind the DRK hardfork coming up on the 20th of June. This will re-enable Masternode payments with the bumped up rate of 20% instead of 10%.

If all goes well (which it should as it's been running smoothly on testnet for last 2 weeks now) then i'd expect more Masternodes will pop up which means 1000DRK a pop being bought up to be able to run one.

I've been slowly accumulating more at the 0.016-0.017 in the last few days.

I'm splitting my alt-coin basket up with majority in DRK and then NXT with everything else in very small amounts. I think both of those have potential whereas everything else imo will be a pump n dump of sorts.

19. Gunna

Gunna Member

So glad I cashed out of Bost for DRK. Traded my small amount of BTC for DRK as well. I hope the masternode release in R3 works. Should increase price and I wish I had the 1000DRK for a masternode.

20. shredder

shredder Member

One of my pocket change wallets is my DRK one - it's got the mighty sum of 0.2 DRKs. Or, 1/5000th of a masternode. :lol:

I got fully suckered into the Honorcoin pump a week or two back, and since then my current crypto funds are doomed, unless their upcoming coin relaunch turns into something. My last BTC promptly turned into less than 0.1 with that bastard of a p-n-d, while I slept the night after buying in.