Little Rocket Man

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by @rt, Jun 10, 2018.

1. @rt

@rt Member

A look at the vintage IC ... General Instruments SP0256-AL2.

I hope you enjoy!

Technics likes this.
  2. stump1100

stump1100 Member

Thanks mate, a nice distraction from reviewing Test Procedures...

3. Technics

Technics Member

Hearing that robotic voice gives me 80's flashbacks. That's another cool project. :thumbup:

I have a bunch of Russian numitrons and one lonely Apollo DA-2110 that the Russians are clearly cloned from. I don't get a lot of time to play around with my own projects these days. I think the most interesting display type is the soviet thyratron based stuff like the ITS1A. I don't have any but I do have some of the dot matrix equivalent (I can't remember the part number). Essentially a display with intrinsic RAM. No western equivalents exist as far as I can tell. They need some odd voltages but the segments themselves accept logic levels more or less.

4. OP
    OP
    @rt

@rt Member

Thanks for feedback :) Anything about my narration or chronology of the story in general would also be good (if anything could be improved upon).
    Overall, I think I do well considering it’s all shot and edited on a phone.

This, I liked, because it all just fell together. I had no intention of making a rocket launcher until very late.

5. Technics

Technics Member

The narration is great. I feel like the hammer cam doesn't get enough air time. It needs its own channel. The aberrant adventures of Smashey the hammer.

6. OP
    OP
    @rt

@rt Member

Oh Technics, please stay tuned for the next one :D
    The only reason this rig survived is because I have one more rocket, and would like to capture with at least one more camera.
    It was supposed to happen at the end of this one, and that usually results in dislikes that I really don’t understand.
    It’s as if smashing something after it served a purpose (even if only a video) , somehow subtracted from the merit of the video or the project.
    That’s something I strongly disagree with.