1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

[WORKLOG] Little Sister

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Sempytender, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Sempytender

Sempytender Member

I'm horrendously bored now that my build has finished... I feel like I've survived Vietnam and I've returned home to civilian life but I keep seeing the Vietcong everywhere I look.. I long for the fight again.. (I feel like I couldn't get more inappropriate than a Vietnam war reference)..

So.. I'm starting a new project which I'm calling "Little Sister" (tentatively - I may end up switching this to a Bioshock infinite feel..)

[​IMG]

At this stage, I"ll be recycling my i7-2700k, 16gb of DDR3 1600mhz ram, 120gb and 60gb SSD (and my R9 290x if it still works).. I'll be buying a *new* case (new to me but not necessarily new), motherboard and watercooling supplies.

The ultimate aim is to make a portable water-cooled rig that will primarily be used as a media centre/steam streaming box but that can also be carted around for a lan or two.

I'm going to try to get a Bioshock feel to the whole build so I may end up doing some case modding particularly to age the box.. What I don't want to do, though, is make the case something that dirties everything it touches or is untouchable because it's more of an art installation. So I'll probably be trying to find ways to cosmetically age the case without destroying it..

Anyways.. I'm happy to be starting something else.. cause as I said..I'm bored.. I may end up timing this whole thing so that I just move my 780ti into this box and buy an 880 for my main rig when it comes out.

p.s. Any steampunk inspiration or ideas you want to send through..would be appreciated..

2. OzTurkish

OzTurkish Member

Deff need that lamptron whatsit fan controler

3. OzTurkish

OzTurkish Member

4. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

5. Saate

Saate Member

Haha have to say I totally get you on this! It's so so much about the journey and not the destination with big projects. I always feel so empty when I get to the end and I'm left drifting with no 'thing' to work toward.

I've got a folder in my dropbox called 'Inspiration' filled with random pictures of architecture, diagrams, computers, gadgets, old motorbikes and stuff like that. I just opened it up to have a look and check this out for a coincidence :)

Good luck with the planning!

6. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

I usually don't read worklogs and probably wouldn't have read this one
    but I have to admit - your subject got my attention :D :D

7. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

8. OzTurkish

OzTurkish Member

Looks ballin man

9. OP
    OP
    Sempytender

Sempytender Member

Awesome. Looks nice.

I've been trying to figure out how I can do a unique build that embraces the Bioshock look and feel without replicating other people's steampunk builds.. I don't want to just repeat someone elses look.. as good as they look.. I want something darker and more sinister.. like the Little Sister herself ;) So maybe I need to figure out what that visual style is..

10. OP
    OP
    Sempytender

Sempytender Member

Inspiration...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. OP
    OP
    Sempytender