1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Liz and Beth

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by perz, Feb 8, 2017.

1. perz

perz Member

Had a nice photo session with some friends to try and get back into the swing of things.

They are a duo group so we wanted to do some shots that they could use for their page. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had a blast but I definitely noticed having not used the camera in a long time that I need to get back into the groove! I felt like a complete novice again. :upset:

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Not really a fan of 1 through 3.....but my interest peaked for the following pics. Nice looking girls and nice shots.

3. OP
    OP
    perz

perz Member

Yeah, tbh not really digging #1 at all. Just put it there as context for what I was going for.

#2 and #3 are mainly for covers for their page, not so much an actual portrait session type shot.

Thanks though! It was fun to say the least. :thumbup:

4. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Portrait shooting has never been my thing so take this for what it's worth (not much :) )

1. Doesn't really grab me, I'm not sure about the background, not sure why they're there dressed how they are.

2/3. The window ledge is distracting in 2, and for 2 and 3 the models feel very far away. They're the only real interest point in the photo and I can barely see them.

4. I think she's overwhelmed by the brightness of the background, definitely needs some more lighting on her face.

5. This was the first image I was immediately drawn to the subject. I like the lighting and the scene works. Framing/Crop is a bit tight though, I'd like a little more space above her head and to the left of her hand, feels a bit cramped.

6. I don't know if this is just me, but my first impression was 'oh he's blown the focus', then I saw the second girl on the left. I think that's a lighting issue. Girl on the right has a fair amount of contrast between her and the dark background, where as the girl on the left blends in with the brighter background, so just didn't draw my eye immediately.

7. This worked a lot better for me for the same reasons the one above didn't. Girl on the right is in focus, stands out due the contrast between her and the dark background.

No.5 gets my pick :thumbup:

5. OP
    OP
    perz

perz Member

Actually very appreciated. All points raised I had in the back of my head when I was doing post and I agree with pretty much everything you mentioned.
    Ill see what I can do with #4 and muck around with the lighting some more.
    With #6 I had a feeling something was off so Cheers for pointing it out! Just gotta learn to take my time next time.

Like I said earlier though #1-3 weren't portrait shots per se, more of a cover shot for a page and just added for context. Imy actually not a fan of #1 tbh but they love it so there ya go.

So after coming back from such a long hiatus I need to remember to take my time more and think about the end result more.

So again the concrit is very appreciated. :thumbup: