Logi. Z-680s and GTXP

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Menthu_Rae, May 1, 2003.

1. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Hey guys,

Just wondering about the GTXP and Z-680s... i think i read in reviews ages ago that they had a problem with crackling when using the optical digital output from the GTXP...

Is this crackling still there or has the problem been solved? Also; does anyone know if the old control pod revisions have been removed from the shelves? I'd like to purchase one of the recent models - or am i better off just asking the store?

Cheers.

Last edited: May 1, 2003
  2. jarnex

jarnex Member

It's still there - it seems to be more of a hardware fault (optical out) than something that can be cured by a driver update. And it's not really crackling - it's a very loud screeching sound.

Judging from previous posts on the Logitech warranty threads, most models on shelves should be the latest firmware. I highly doubt whether any retail store person would know the correct button sequence to show the firmware revision on the Z680 anyway :)

3. PANZERAMD

PANZERAMD Member

It may the GTXP at fault i heard crackling from my speakers when i was using the digtal out on my GTXP it only stoped when i got rid off my GTXP and used my onboard soundstorm.

4. OP
    OP
    Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Bugger... Does that mean i cant use GTXP digital outs at all (i.e. coaxial as well?) or just optical output.

I really want these speakers; and i dont want to have to buy a new sound card... i quite like the GTXP :(

5. PANZERAMD

PANZERAMD Member

I don't know it may be just be the optical out which is the problem the coaxial out might be fine.

Last edited: May 2, 2003
  6. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

yeah i've had trouble with my coaxal digital out too on my GTXP too. when trying to get the signal from the card to my Pioneer VSX-D409. It peeves me right off cause i invested $70 for that cable alone and these days I don't use it :(

so I have to stick to crappy RCA plugs altho these rca cables are super thick and blue. looks alot like a garden hose hehe :)

Last edited: May 4, 2003