1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Logitech G Owners and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Akh-Horus, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Akimbo

Akimbo Member

wait... wut?

2. 2SHY

2SHY Member

3. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

4. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Anyone used the new mouse yet?

5. ruffnut

ruffnut Member

Yep, quite like it. Never going to use the 12000dpi though.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm definitely interested. At $75 probably not toooo bad I guess.

7. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Not compared to some other mice on the market.

Possible for a review?

8. ruffnut

ruffnut Member

Ok, I’ll make some comparisons with my G500S.

Build quality is on par and seems very good. The switches are nice and responsive and they seem a little better than the G500s. Definitely more clicky . The plastic finish of the mouse is good and the grips on the side certainly give plenty of grip. I particularly like the thumb rest and find this much better than the G500s.

The scroll wheel is good however I do find it hurts my finger after a while. I think this is mainly due to the fact that it doesn’t have any rubber on the wheel and is more chunky. I prefer the one on the G500S to be honest. I haven’t used the free scroll but I’m sure I’ll use the feature in future. Good to have the feature in any case.

The weight of the mouse is good, albeit abit light for me without the weights. It comes with 6 weights which are 3.6g each. I have 4 of the 6 fitted and find it suits me.

The G Logitech logo lights up blue, might be abit bright for some. You can turn it on or off in the software however the brightness cannot be adjusted. I also found I had to update to the latest Logitech software to recognise the G502.

The cable is braided and seems of high quality. It is quite pliable which I think a lot of people will like.

As stated this mouse goes up to 1200DPI. I haven’t tried it at the highest DPI and doubt I ever will. I'm lucky if I go over 2500dpi. :)

Overall I’m quite impressed with the G502. Mine cost me just under $79 delivered.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  9. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Thanks for the review - now under consideration by myself and hopefully others!

10. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

I purchased the G502 yesterday, here are my impressions:

• The G502 is marginally larger and a fair bit heavier than the sensei but found both to be equally as comfortable to use
    • The G502 has overall more comfortable surface textures (particularly on the side grips).
    • Button placement on the G502 feel perfect for my hand (I'm about 6ft tall and have medium sized hands, using hybrid claw/palm grip).
    • So far have had no issues with tracking on my Artisan cloth mouse pad, where as the sensei had minor skipping issues
    • The scroll wheel sucks. It wobbles a fair amount and it seems to accidentally depress the side scroll clicks occasionally when scrolling (probably because of how heavy it is) which makes the scrolling action a little noiser than the sensei and not as smooth. I also prefer the rubber material of the sensei's scroll wheel over the metal G502 scroll wheel since it's easier to start/stop scrolling (more friction). Overall though, the scroll wheel does do it's job perfectly fine and is not a deal breaker for me.
    • I don't notice too much of a difference in sensor performance, though it's hard to judge since various things will affect mouse movement. Playing CS:GO, it felt as though the G502 was more sensitive/responsive, however it could just be placebo or a change in the mouse shape.
    • On the software side, logitech wins hands down. Everything is faster and more intuitive.

If you're in the market for a new mouse, I think the price is justified for the G502.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  11. touki

touki Member

Thanks for the review, I was wondering about that mouse. I am still rocking the g9x, has anyone tried both?

12. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Great reviews - OP updated. Thanks guys!

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

14. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Not much love for the G400 in this thread? :upset:

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Getting on a bit now though? : )

16. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Been out for a few days now, had to be quick on that one I reckon. Then again there are other shops only a little more expensive I guess.

18. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  19. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

How could you guys forget about the good ol' G400 :leet: says probably the only person on this forum with one :p

Wait... so the G502 has 12,000dpi... who the fuck is gonna use that?!?! :confused:

I use 800dpi on my G400... FOR TRIPLE SCREENS!

20. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

I have no idea - 12,000dpi is way too much for noobs like us I think. But maybe there is some use for it - just dont know what!