1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Logitech G Owners and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Akh-Horus, Aug 20, 2010.

1. yellow_cake

yellow_cake Member

yeh the G500 is pretty comfy to use. it seems to have just the right amount of features on it. hyperscrolling comes in handy and the extra thumb button is a very good replacement for the Reload key when playing FPS imo

2. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Hmmmm time to investigate - have a spare g5 - may list it and buy a g500 and see how it goes.

3. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I didn't even realise there was a g500. I'd have looked at that before the G9x, and probably bought it considering I have a g5 already and use a palm grip.

I just hope the scroll wheel lasts longer on the G9x

Honestly, the last 3 mice I've bought, basically 2 mx510s (or 1 mx510 and 1 mx518) and my current G5 I've junked because the scroll wheel stopped working, not because the mouse itself was broken.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  4. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Thanks mate! I've updated my signature too ;)

5. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Oh and because i dont like mice with wires, otherwise i would have already bought a g9x or a g500... im waiting for the G700 to be released here, it looks pretty full on.

I could actually order one from USA off ebay today, but i want to wait till its released and see everyones reaction to it :)

6. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Actually scrap that, just looked at the mouse again and being a FPS gamer mainly, i dont think it will really be suited to my needs, i dont need 13 programmable buttons etc.

Ill probably just stay with the g7 or my mx revolution for now :/

I just love the glide of the g7!

7. Pishk

Pishk Member

I'm with ol-skool. I hate mice with wires!

I have a G7 that I love dearly. The battery's don't last as long as they used to though, and the skates are pretty thin.

I would have replaced it but I don't see the point of buying the same mouse again - I like to upgrade! And I haven't seen any wireless mice since the G7 that I like.

Hadn't even heard about the G700, thanks for the heads up ol-skool. I think I'll have to check it out more thoroughly once it's released here. It might be a bit overkill, but I'd imagine most of the stuff that people on OCAU buy for their PC's is overkill ;)

8. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

My g110 and g9x arrived this morning. Playing with it now. Still getting used to it, like I was trying to use the media buttons where they are on the g15, not where they are on the g110 for example.

I think I need a mouse pad for my G9x though maybe.

Man the scroll on the G9x is freaking loud.

9. NeonTiTan

NeonTiTan Member

G7 is probaly the best mouse that i used. wireless FTW.
    they should make something simliar to the g7. like the sidewider x8 wired/wireless pretty useful i reckon

10. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Mine isnt that loud. Maybe it will take a little time to "run in". Mine works great and can barely hear it lol.

Funnily enough I wasnt thattttttt happy with the g7. Gone back to G wired mice as a result of it - each to their own :):)

Now have 2 g5's and a g9x.

11. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Yeah, I figured that. I think it's happening already. It's also much harder to do the 'click' press on it lol.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  12. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

They are all hard for the click on the wheel. Not may people use that, just the side buttons imho.

13. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I use the wheel for clicking links into a new tab in firefox.

14. stocky

stocky Member

I never realised my middle button did this.

15. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Put me down for a G15, G500, G940 and a G25...

16. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Welcome member 40 :leet:

17. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

yeah i cannot understand why they didnt continue the g7 legacy and bring out a decent refresh version like they did with the g15 keyboards for example.

I KNOW lots of people bought the g7 so i dont think it is a low demand issue.

The g700's buttons just look too plasticy, overbearing and stick out too much i reckon. I will have to use the mouse in person before i can say if ill get it or not.

18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Is it just me, or is there some weird powder coating or something on the G9x that rubs off on your hand?

I don't know if it's that, or if my room is just dusty :S

19. NeonTiTan

NeonTiTan Member

sweaty hand and long use maybe.

the g7 was a great mouse its a shame they didnt make a new version of it. i was soo happy when i heard they gona make a g9 its a shame it wasnt wireless like the g7 and its soo big for my liking

20. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I've only had it about 3 days. IDK, maybe it's just a different texture to the G5, and my hand feels like it's got stuff rubbed off.